PDA

View Full Version : Autos, waterfarms and LEDs (2nd grow)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Rahstah
12-14-2012, 09:59 PM
:welcome2:

It's time for me to start a new journal.

I popped a couple of seeds the other day in some rapid rooters.

They are two autos; 1 x Dinafem Auto Cheese and 1 x WOS Auto NLxBB (pretty sure they were freebies). I chose these because, like my first grow, this is one big experiment for me and I'm going to try to save my paid ones for when I feel more confident about what I'm doing. For this grow I'm trying two waterfarms and the 400w CLW Solarstorm LED. I also acquired a 200w CLW Solarflare if I need some extra light. Probably also gonna put some regular T8 bulbs in the Solarstorm til I feel it's time to use the UVB ones.

Last grow I used my filtered tap water and Jack's 2 part hydro nutes. I will be using the same nutes and water source.

Im using my same cabinet. With the system up and running the temp in side the cab with lights on is in a range of 79.5F-82F. This is key to me. I didnt want to have to vent my reflector this grow for sound reasons. humidity maybe an issue since the winter is coming and it's very dry. I have a mini Hunter humidifier running off and on every 15 minutes. Running it constant gets the interior of my cab walls wet.

I modified my waterfarms by adding lots of extra holes to the medium containers and by feeding an extra airline to the reservoirs with airstones attached.

I have seedlings up and in the WFs and I will try post pics later tonight. There really isn't too much to see yet but seeing the setup might help expose some flaws that this great community may be able to assist me with. I make tweaks to the setup constantly and it still needs a few ie, check valves for the airlines and some good wiring/cord organization. I'm also thinking of building a DIY WF and adding it to this grow since I think I can make room for it. If I do that will probably get one of the following; either Dinafem Moby Dick Auto, Sagarmatha Double Diesel Ryder or a Delicious Seeds La Diva Auto (I'll gladly take a community vote on that choice!) when and if this time comes I will do a poll.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope I have something interesting to share on this particular journey.:rasta:

Babs215
12-14-2012, 10:04 PM
Subbed up bro... I love waterfarms and LEDs so im in !!

619ster
12-14-2012, 10:06 PM
I had a feeling you were up to something!! You know I'll be along for the show :popcorn:

BigTurk
12-15-2012, 02:37 AM
It sure looks like you have done your homework on the Waterfarm, and have made all the suggested mods.
I am sure keen to see what the 400w Solar Storm can do for you; they are priced very aggressively right now
and I am hoping they create a Tsunami of Bud for you..!

I back-tracked to your first journal to see what size Cabinet you will be running in, but that information must be
buried somewhere. What are the dimensions of your Grow Space..?

Are you running a ScroG again..?

Rahstah
12-15-2012, 02:55 AM
It sure looks like you have done your homework on the Waterfarm, and have made all the suggested mods.
I am sure keen to see what the 400w Solar Storm can do for you; they are priced very aggressively right now
and I am hoping they create a Tsunami of Bud for you..!

I back-tracked to your first journal to see what size Cabinet you will be running in, but that information must be
buried somewhere. What are the dimensions of your Grow Space..?

Are you running a ScroG again..?

Ill have to measure it again because I can't remember!! It's about 3x4 D and W and about 6ft H not including the wheels it sits on. No scrog this time since its not recommended for autos. Anybody ever scrog an auto? I'd be willing to try in the future though. I'm definitely looking for my next strain to scrog.

I obtained my solarstorm on the CLW grower feedback program. It makes the price $600 with the option to return it in 90 days. This is another reason I'm running autos. I figure if it works well I keep it and if it doesn't I send it back and just lose shipping. I bet I keep it anyway because I know I will never have the motivation or wherewithal to send it back!

Cab measures 2'6" deep x 4'6" wide x 6' high

The Dawg
12-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Im Subbed Up For Your Auto Grow Brother.My Next Round Of Autos Will Be In My DIY Bubbleponics Unit.I Plan On Running 6 LaDiva Auto's Under 250 Watts Of Led.CLW Must Have Come Down On Their Price The Last Time I Inquired About The Growers Program They Wanted 1000.00.

Rahstah
12-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Im Subbed Up For Your Auto Grow Brother.My Next Round Of Autos Will Be In My DIY Bubbleponics Unit.I Plan On Running 6 LaDiva Auto's Under 250 Watts Of Led.CLW Must Have Come Down On Their Price The Last Time I Inquired About The Growers Program They Wanted 1000.00.

$1000?! really?! Tell me that was for the 800w and not the 400w. Please make a point of letting me know when you do the La Diva's.

BigTurk
12-15-2012, 05:16 PM
Yeah, it was a $1000 for the 800w version of their Grower's Program, can't remember what they had for the 400w

Now their 400w Storm can be had retail with Free Shipping for under $800

Rahstah
12-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Is there a size limit to photo uploads? 3 out of 5 pics I just tried to load failed. Hmmm....:huh:

Anyway heres the basic setup and a pic of one of the sprouts. tiny first leaves and alread a second tiny set emerging. I don't know if I can get used to these pink lights. And I need to remember to wear sunglasses when working in my cab with them on!105727

Rahstah
12-15-2012, 05:57 PM
These are the 3 that didn't make the previous upload. I have the resizing thing down I think.

The 400W
The 400W and the 200W
BTW the 200W is NOT on

The second sprout.

On a side note: With lights off my low temp has been 67.5F. Today after the light has been on for several hours the high so far is 79

stutter
12-15-2012, 08:10 PM
subed up rastah

N.W.
12-15-2012, 11:41 PM
Auto Grow.... Im in brother Rahstah....:passthebone:

The Dawg
12-16-2012, 08:14 PM
$1000?! really?! Tell me that was for the 800w and not the 400w. Please make a point of letting me know when you do the La Diva's.

Sorry My Brother My Bad.Yea Like BT Said It was For The 800 Watter.They Didnt Have A Program For The 200 And They Didnt Have The 400 Yet

Rahstah
12-19-2012, 05:56 PM
Been about a week since these have sprouted. Everything seems good so far as nothing has died.
Temps have been hovering in the low 80's (80-83F) with humidity in the low 60's lights on.
Lights off temps have been dependent upon outdoor temps (67-72F)
They may get a bit neglected over the next 2 weeks, so I really didn't plan this well. But I've been itching for so long I had to scratch! Damn spur of the moment urges! Oh well, I will try to make the best of it.

Auto Cheese
NLxBB Auto
First set of leaves really curled downwards second set is pointing up so far.
NLxBB(left) AC(right)

Thanks for stopping and looking!

Rahstah
12-20-2012, 03:48 PM
Decided to do a Rez change. I think despite trying to do a diligent job prepping it that my new hydrocorn was messing with my PH levels. So, in the process of getting everything kosher I accidentally dropped my PH meter in a bucket of water.:slap: I'm hoping it will dry out in the course of the day. Gonna toss it into a ziplock bag and cover it with rice and use that as a desiccant.
Pin the meantime I ordered myself a new waterproof PH meter with temp.

I've also found now that I've got a light schedule going regularly my temps hit a low of 70F avg and avg high is 82F.

Also I just added a humidity controller to my wish list. Although I don't need it I'd like one!

Rahstah
12-21-2012, 09:08 PM
PH meter is functioning again. It's a good thing as the PH did an upswing overnight. Got PH back in the zone but wouldn't have known nor would've been able to adjust without. Starting to finally see a little growth out of these two autos.

Question for anybody who can answer... With the waterfarms how do you deal with Rez temps in individual sites?

The Dawg
12-21-2012, 11:21 PM
I Run A Benefical Tea.With This Tea You Dont Have To Worry About Res Temps Untill It Reaches About 83 Degrees.I Like To Keep Mine Between 72-77 Degrees.Ill Shoot You A Link :hookah:

Rahstah
12-22-2012, 04:05 AM
I have the temps in the cab down to highs of just below 78F. I think this will keep the Rez temps down. I also plan to wrap them in some self adhesive and reflective duct insulation. PH still stable at 5.9 over 12 hours later. I can't wait til I'm running the jack's at full strength so I can stop worrying about my PH so much, granted hydrocorn got me at first. Hopefully I'll have some pics to show that are worthwhile in the next week.

Rahstah
12-24-2012, 06:43 PM
Here is a quick photo update.
Auto Cheese
A.C.
NLxBB
NLxBB
That first set of leaves straightened themselves out. They are starting to move along now.

Hope everybody who celebrates Xmas has a great one!

The Dawg
12-25-2012, 07:00 AM
Merry Chrimbo Brother Rahstah :loveweed:

Rahstah
12-28-2012, 06:24 PM
Finally have a quick moment to update while I have the place to myself!

Just banged out a rez change. I was already running 1/2 nutes (Jack's 2 part) with some Orca. Just upped the nutes with this rez change. Had a little wind damge from a fan that had shifted and went unnoticed for a few days. You may notice some leaf curl and some plant lean as a result. They seem OK otherwise. Amazingly, to me, NLxBB is the smaller plant but is the one with a few roots already down in the WF's rez. The Auto Cheese is significantly bigger but no roots have emerged below the grow chamber (sure I'll see some soon). I also think the cheese is already emitting an odor, but nothing escaping the grow chamber or needing control.

NLxBB

Auto Cheese

Thanks for stopping by and looking!

Rahstah
01-02-2013, 02:08 AM
Quick update with some photos. Haven't really had anytime whatsoever to get near my cab except for literally seconds at a pop. Should have some time tomorrow, but everything seems alright. Both plants got legs in the lower res now but surprisingly the smaller NLxBB has many more and much longer roots than the double the size A.C. Here they are...

NLxBB
A.C.
NLxBB(l) A.C.(r)

Rahstah
01-04-2013, 03:29 PM
What a difference a few days have made. There is also a tale of two strains going on. The difference between the two is fairly dynamic at this stage. There are about 6-7 nodes on each but the size difference is very noticeable. Have a look...

W.O.S. NLxBB (l) and Dinafem Auto Cheese (r)
Side view
A.C.
NLxBB
NLxBB
A.C.

I searched for some other grows with the NLxBB to see if I could get a comparison. I stumbled across a lot of negative feedback on it. It was free so no big deal. The A.C. is really starting to drink a lot too. I still have guest coming and going so I'm not able to do much care taking but everything seems to be going smooth so far despite that the NLxBB is so short. I'll have to try to show it's bulbous base stem. It's like a small marble. I thought it was a hydroton ball at first.

Thanks for stopping and looking. And if you see something say something please. This is my first time using waterfarms, LED's and Autos.

Bandit420
01-04-2013, 04:11 PM
Looks great Rahstah!!
I've grown a few freebies that had bad reviews too but they turned out to be some very special plants so I would'nt concern yourself too much with reviews. Your girls look outstanding and will likely give you the best they have to offer. :goodluck:

619ster
01-04-2013, 07:47 PM
Well to give you good faith in NLxBB's capabilities, I'll let you know that my experience with NLxBB was superb! I really enjoyed the old school NL taste. Very piney!!! Was good potent smoke too! Monstrous yields if trained correctly, and decent density to the buds. My only complaint was the 10-11 week flower time on my pheno. I kept her around for a good year. Hopefully you have a similar experience, but with a shorter flower period lol.

Rahstah
01-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Well to give you good faith in NLxBB's capabilities, I'll let you know that my experience with NLxBB was superb! I really enjoyed the old school NL taste. Very piney!!! Was good potent smoke too! Monstrous yields if trained correctly, and decent density to the buds. My only complaint was the 10-11 week flower time on my pheno. I kept her around for a good year. Hopefully you have a similar experience, but with a shorter flower period lol.

Mine is an auto one so hopefully it doesn't take that long!

Rahstah
01-05-2013, 06:07 PM
Exciting morning for me in the cabinet! I am very happy to report that the Dinafem A.C. has definitely fired out some preflower lady hairs. Well, they are autos so they should be lady's but the A.C. From Dinafem is showing pretty true and good genes as to what they advertise. I'm just a few days shy of finishing week 4 from sprout. The NLxBB I'm not sure yet. She is very small and compact and I think I see some lady hairs but can't be sure yet. I will try to snap some pics in the next 24 hours. Unfortunately I have guests who left coming back Sunday through Wednesday so my next res change is gonna get a 24 hour delay and care taking will be minimal. But my setup is proving to be pretty self sufficient so far. Now I wish I had gone with water farms my first grow. On second thought I'm glad I didn't. I would have had nothing to compare them to. With all this said I think it's time to add one more DIY WF site to this grow if I can get some alone time to build and set up. My first grow was exciting and I was trying too hard. This leave it alone and let it do its thing is going much better. I can't imagine what my bubblegum could've done in WF under scrog. Crossing my fingers for my killing fields to come today. Also did the attitude promo. I felt I had to because my wife's friend and her husband came by and he had some LA Confidential on him. He gave me some(I'd never had it before). Tasted great and knocked me a bit so when I say the promo I had to have the freebie LA C and the LA Woman.

im babbling. Try to come with some lady hair photos soon.

Rahstah
01-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Here are the pics sooner than I thought I'd get a chance to post.

Preflowers on the A.C.
Low shot showing SolarStorm 400
Bird's eye view of the two.

Rahstah
01-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Mail just came. Got my first Sannie's! 5x Killing Fields(fem). Gonna make a wooden necklace for the kid with the stealth packaging. :laughing: Now for the Attitude delivery I ordered last night and was "dispatched" this morning. Rolling dice on some autos for the freebies.

once I get autos down I figure I can supplement a real grow with them. Still learning its all good and fun! Work in progress...

Rahstah
01-06-2013, 07:07 PM
Just took a peak at the girls. I added my 200w solarflare to the mix. Temps peaking at 80f now. The NLxBB is definitely showing some first hairs. She's so short and compact I can't even get a pic. House guests returning today. Hope to get a res change done come wednesday when they leave. So far this has been a showtime rotisserie grow... Set it! And forget it! I've been very lucky so far... I owe much credit to the people here and some that have been banned or have left for one reason or another. So, thanks everybody.

the 200w is a full cycle version but the 400w has a switch for veg and bloom. Now that my autos are showing hairs should I flip to bloom on the 400w? Also at what point should I add the UVB lights to the grow? Any and all help appreciated.

N.W.
01-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Lookin Good brother Rahstah....

Damn man that AC is going to be huge... That big and only just show signs... Good to hear they are both confirmed Fems, now the fun begins....

http://bubbleponics.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=107420&d=1357415314

Rahstah
01-07-2013, 05:13 PM
I had no idea what to expect and when since this is my first go with auto's. that A.C. Has been amazing me with its growth. Very branchy and that's all on its own. I've only really touched it to move a leaf to see preflowers. If this were my last grow I would have FIM'd the hell out of it!

i turned my 200w off as I didn't like the extra heat it was creating in the cab. They seem to be doing pretty well under the 400w anyway and the temps lights off to lights on move right around 10 degrees total. The 200w added another 5-7f. I also flipped the 400w to bloom. I hope that wasn't too soon.

Rahstah
01-08-2013, 04:27 AM
Poked my head in the cab for a quick peak and...:what: I was shocked to see how the A.C. had stretched and opened up. I wish I could pop some quick pics too but I left my phone behind and my cab opening window closed before I could get it. I'm wondering if the recent growth had anything to do with me flipping the spectrum switch on the solarstorm. Anyway topped the res's and got out. NLxBB did some growing too and a lot of drinking today. She looks like a midget next to the A.C.

im really having a more enjoyable time with this go. I'm not taking it as serious and worried about time. Time killed me last go. This time all i've truly worried about has been; how will the lights work, will I be able to do water farm better than dwc, and letting jacks do its thing without any cal mag. I have used orca and thinking trying a sweetener. Had some slime in the NLxBB which I believe came from a early heat issue. Seems to have cleared up nice. Roots were fine but the res walls were. Little nasty. That was two weeks ago.

|FCG|Frank
01-08-2013, 04:38 AM
Very very nice setup! Clean, I like that :)

Rahstah
01-08-2013, 04:43 AM
Very very nice setup! Clean, I like that :)

Thanks. Not the best i could do but always a work in progress. It'll be filthy by the end of the grow I bet!

Rahstah
01-08-2013, 03:20 PM
House guests out for the day and I have some time to snap pics and hopefully bang out a res change. I've also noticed the level tube on the A.C. has been get coated with algae. I have extra WF kits lying around for some DIY buckets so I'll just swap it out with a fresh one to save time. Anyway here are some pics. I truned off the Solarstorm for the photo shoot to give everybody's eyes a break and see truer colors.

The smaller of the two W.O.S. NLxBB Auto
And the lovely Dinafem Auto Cheese
And a side by side

The whole reason I started this grow was inspiration to enter the contest and I never did.:slap:I hope it's not to late! Gonna try to do that quick.

N.W.
01-08-2013, 06:28 PM
I luv this stage every day they seem bigger when you check them... Like i said bro AC lookin beastly, nice shape to her, but even the NLxBB looks stackrd and prime for lift off,
wouldnt mind betting that she wont be far behind the AC at the first...

Rahstah
01-08-2013, 06:29 PM
I banged out that res change. I've been doing them where I take the medium container and really clean the res out, but I think this was the last time I will do that as I don't want to mess up the roots below and I constantly knock the res air stones off their tubes. What slime I had the past two weeks seems to be completely gone but I will not stop monitoring that. I've had to go down the H2O2 path. I think the extra air in the res is warming the water a bit. Like I said I would I pulled the water level tube from the A.C. And replaced it with a fresh one. I have to get a good pipe cleaner and scrub the used one. My light cycle is 20/4 still. Since I'm getting pistils ill keep it at that. If I don't notice bud growth in 2 weeks I may go to 18/6. I like the long light cycle simply for the larger windows to work with. Trying to do stuff with a green bulb my last grow was annoying once I went 12/12. I hope I like what I get from these girls. I'm still skeptical to some degree but one buddy grew a killer lowryder diesel I tried that was killer. If this goes well I think I might make an auto closet with three sites staggered 3-4 weeks apart.

Ok, done rambling now!

Rahstah
01-08-2013, 06:36 PM
I luv this stage every day they seem bigger when you check them... Like i said bro AC lookin beastly, nice shape to her, but even the NLxBB looks stackrd and prime for lift off,
wouldnt mind betting that she wont be far behind the AC at the first...

If I have faith in anybody's word about an auto it's yours Neil dub! With that said I sure hope you're right about that NLxBB. It really is stacked just not stretched like the AC. Looking at it from top the leaves almost look layered like duck feathers. And that lil NLxBB stinks too!!!!

Giantsfan24
01-09-2013, 02:23 PM
Good looking grow...those LED's seem to really be doing the trick..sweet!

:namaste:

The Dawg
01-09-2013, 10:27 PM
Brother Rahstah Heres My WF Cleaning Kit.Also I Run A EWC Tea For Slime Prevention.My Res Temps Have Hit The 80 Degree Mark With No Slime Problems I Try To Keep My res Temps Between 71-75 Degrees If Ya Like I Can Pm You A Link To The Tea That I Use.Theirs Alot Of Great Infromation In It.Looks Like Your AC Is Going To Be A Monstar Awsome Job Brother.Heres A Couple Of Pics Of My Last Auto Grow.My Ladies Are G-13 Auto Pineapple Express :loveweed:

Rahstah
01-09-2013, 11:27 PM
That PE got huge! I'm gonna get some of those tube brushes. I have ones for my car fountain but I'm not contaminating my system with those.

Rahstah
01-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Took some quick pics while doing a top off. PH at 5.9 and 6. I've got to say that I'm glad I'm doing these waterfarms this go around. They have been much easier for me to control so far. Here are the pics.

SS400W doing it's job. I gave both plants a 1/4 rotation today as you see the water levels facing out now. I'll rotate back 180 at somepoint.
Significant difference between the two.
NLxBB bird's eye...
...and from the side.
A.C. from above...
...and from the side.
nice big fan from A.C.
Hairs

next time no LEDs for pics.

Thanks for stopping and looking.

cocoJoe
01-10-2013, 05:17 PM
Awesome grow Rahstah.. :supersmile:

Peace,,
coco

Rahstah
01-11-2013, 03:27 AM
Been chatting with The Dawg about autos and wanted to throw this out there for feedback. This AC of mine is so much bigger I'm thinking of rebuilding my scrog and throwing it over these girls. What if any methods of training have any of you used with a large auto? Super crop, LST, scrog? Does any body ever FIM or top?

The Dawg
01-11-2013, 08:15 AM
My Brother I Have Seen Where Toping An Auto Is A Waste Of Time.Throw Your Scrogg In Your Ladies Will Love It.As I Stated In Our Chat I Plan On Super Cropping And Defoilating Mine

Rahstah
01-11-2013, 01:05 PM
My Brother I Have Seen Where Toping An Auto Is A Waste Of Time.Throw Your Scrogg In Your Ladies Will Love It.As I Stated In Our Chat I Plan On Super Cropping And Defoilating Mine

I decided it was quicker to SC her so we shall see how she reacts to it. Her stems were very easy to SC too! Man I hope this goes well!

Rahstah
01-11-2013, 05:21 PM
So I decided rebuilding my scrog was going to take way to much time and energy. I needed to find all my pieces and then reweave. Bah! No time for that. Last time that was built way before anything had sprouted. So I decided to leap into unknown territory yet again and started pinching and squeezing my Cheese. Hope I didn't hurt her too bad and actually did her a favor. Without further ado my autoflowering supercrop experiment!! I also turned the LEDs off for a second for the pics so you could really see how I lost my mind.

first up the NLxBB
The SC'd AC
SC spots
another one a bit closer
Before SC'ing
After SC'ing

On a side note I had done the SC'ing a few hours before photos. I had to run out and find somewhere that had a flu shot. 4 pharmacies later I found one. With that said, when I came back to take the photos some of the branches had already started raising back up. That gives me a little more confidence about my decision to do this.

I'm still running lights on a 20/4 schedule but thinking about dropping to 18/6. why? I have no idea.

Thanks for stopping and looking! thoughts and comments are always welcome too.

staggerleaf
01-12-2013, 03:24 AM
They look great:thumbsup:.

At what height do you have the lights above the tops?

Rahstah
01-12-2013, 03:35 AM
Well the small one is 18" an the AC is 13"(it's been closer with no problem too). All the branches have turned right back up. Drank a ton too. I may have to construct a mini scrog just for the AC. As Dawg says "she will love it". I'm sure she would too. I think laziness will get the better of me though.

BigTurk
01-12-2013, 04:27 AM
This is where the power of multiple lower watt LED's, versus a single High Watt LED comes to bear...

Simply dropping one panel down over the "Dwarf" end of the Forest, versus raising a Waterfarm up
to Canopy Level... I'm hoping the NL x BB is a Dark Horse in this race, and will come hard
in the Clubhouse Turn..!

The Dawg
01-12-2013, 09:07 AM
Well the small one is 18" an the AC is 13"(it's been closer with no problem too). All the branches have turned right back up. Drank a ton too. I may have to construct a mini scrog just for the AC. As Dawg says "she will love it". I'm sure she would too. I think laziness will get the better of me though.

Right On Brother Rahstah Im Loving On The SuperCropping.I Use Fishing Weights On The End Of My Branches To Keep Them A Bit Lower A Little Longer. :bravo:

Rahstah
01-12-2013, 12:56 PM
This is where the power of multiple lower watt LED's, versus a single High Watt LED comes to bear...

Simply dropping one panel down over the "Dwarf" end of the Forest, versus raising a Waterfarm up
to Canopy Level... I'm hoping the NL x BB is a Dark Horse in this race, and will come hard
in the Clubhouse Turn..!

This is why I'm highly likely to start supplementing this grow with my solarstorm 200w. It makes the cab a bit warmer but the extra light may be worth it. However, lowering or raising one self contained WF isn't a bad option with how I'm set up either. I must thank you for mentioning that though because my brain was not even thinking about raising the waterfarm at all. Now you have me yet another option. This is why I love the feedback here when it's given. Extra eyes and brains always help my addled brain.

BigTurk
01-12-2013, 02:56 PM
It's very rare I get to help anyone else as a Noob; but I am very pleased with myself when I do... *8)

Rahstah
01-12-2013, 03:26 PM
It's very rare I get to help anyone else as a Noob; but I am very pleased with myself when I do... *8)

Noob?! Please!! You know what you're doing.

Anyway just snapped a few pics to show the second light on (got to monitor temps again) and how AC has responded to SC'ing. Also threw in a tape measure shot of top of AC to the light.

SS200W full cycle in at an angle closer to NLxBB
SC shots

Thanks for looking!

Go Pats!

BigTurk
01-12-2013, 03:44 PM
Noob?! Please!! You know what you're doing.

Sure, I'd like to think I know what I'm doin'; but at this point it's just "Jack and his Magic Beans"
We'll see when I bring in my first crop of Herb, if "Bo Knows Grow" :)

Hopefully, you can keep Temps in check with the Solar Flare addition; the extra Photons might be the ticket..!

Rahstah
01-12-2013, 04:01 PM
Hopefully, you can keep Temps in check with the Solar Flare addition; the extra Photons might be the ticket..!

I hope so too. right now it seems to be headed for 83f. My lows are in the upper 60's. I don't particularly like the temp swing in the cab this large. My last round had big swings, but much bigger than this. Then again that had 2x 400w HIDs

Rahstah
01-14-2013, 03:22 PM
Quick photo update. There have been some adjustments made with the lighting. I've shifted the SS400W to be primarily over the AC and the SF200W is over the NLxBB and closer to it's top.

Light adjustment
NLxBB & A.C.
LED's on
NLxBB
A.C.

Thanks for looking!

Rahstah
01-14-2013, 05:36 PM
My January attitude order is out of customs and at a nearby sorting facility as of last night. I hope it arrives intact today or tomorrow. Damn postman always comes an hour after I leave for work too. I'll show y'all what I got when I get it.

Bandit420
01-14-2013, 05:51 PM
Coming out of lurker mode to let you know I am totally enjoying your thread Rahstah!!!!
It's nice to finally see others using CLW lights too on this forum. I bought a lightly used 200 watt full cycle solarflare a few months back and i really love what it can do. such a huge leap forward compared to a few other lesser quality lights I've used.
Keep up the great work Man!!! I'll be here always enjoying your work and healthy happy ladies. :peace2:

Rahstah
01-14-2013, 05:54 PM
Coming out of lurker mode to let you know I am totally enjoying your thread Rahstah!!!!
It's nice to finally see others using CLW lights too on this forum. I bought a lightly used 200 watt full cycle solarflare a few months back and i really love what it can do. such a huge leap forward compared to a few other lesser quality lights I've used.
Keep up the great work Man!!! I'll be here always enjoying your work and healthy happy ladies. :peace2:

Thanks bandito! I truly appreciate when the masters who's journals I follow religiously show interest in a noob grower like myself.

Rahstah
01-16-2013, 03:54 AM
No pics this post but coming soon. Res change this morning. And a bit more SC'ing of the A.C. this evening. Hopefully she stops stretching and starts growing some flowers. Although I probably delayed that with this evenings SC session. My cabinet absolutely stinks too although I think that's the cheese having consumed a bit too much N. she's been drinking about a gallon every 24 hours. And I have to reiterate I really like waterfarms. And Jacks is the bomb too. I think the N overdose was my fault when I let the PH swing up during a rushed top off where I never ph'd the add in

i needed to add I have been having to clean the lens of the SS400w. A haze kept forming on it. Must be something in the humidity causing it. I wiped the lens with a anti fog treatment to see if that helps. Humidifier is going off soon anyway.

Rahstah
01-16-2013, 04:18 PM
Ok so I got back from the Dr.'s office and it was time to get a morning peak at what happened after my SC session on the AC last night.:what::yikes::slap:

Why I didn't just take a picture last night after the SC is beyond me. I had the main top SC'd and bent at least 100degrees.
Today it's standing straight up yet again! This is the second time for this one too but in a different spot.
a lot of the AC's side branches are very manuverable but feel very week to me. I think I may need some more blowing action on it.
Check these bends. they curve right back up to the light.
Lots of branching tons of shoots on this AC...
healthy new growth...
more AC new growth.
NLxBB. still a shorty but she's very lush. I think I may have to thin her out soon. Reminds me of my Papaya from my last grow a little bit
I thought this NLxBB was gonna be the big plant...
Boy was I wrong

I never thought I'd be SC'ing an auto.

Today is day 33, I think, since my first plant pics, but it's probably day 35 or 36 since the seeds popped.

Question for the Jack's users. What PH down product do you use if any?

Thanks for stopping by and looking.

Stoney
01-16-2013, 05:45 PM
looking awesome rahstah!!!!!!!!!!! your ladies are very healthy!!! they seem to love the jacks!!!!

I only used jacks hydro for one grow but when i did it was DWC, i used GH brand ph down and had no problems at all and never had a res change.

Rahstah
01-16-2013, 06:18 PM
http://youtu.be/xbxMR1xaXRY

some Beantown hip hop for ya!

Rahstah
01-18-2013, 03:34 AM
I was very happy to get home from work and find that my Attitude order had finally arrived. Took 8 long days to make it here and boy was I happy when I opened the package. For one I got another G13 premium seeds shirt with silver graphics(keeper) instead of the gold I got last time I got this T. Anyway before I get to the surprise I found this was my order;

Order Inventory:
Product: Auto Seeds Berry Ryder
Options: Feminized Cannabis Seeds - 05 seeds
Quantity: 1
Product Code: AUT2117
Price: $45.23

Product: Seedsman Seeds Auto Lemon
Options: Feminized Cannabis Seeds - 05 seeds
Product Code: SEE267
Price: $42.00

Product: FEMINIZED UFO #1 DNA Genetics LA Woman
Product Code: FEMINIZED UFO #1
Price: $0.00

Product: FEMINIZED UFO #2 Reserva Privada Sour Kush AKA Headband
Product Code: FEMINIZED UFO #2

Product: Reserva Privada OG Kush #18
Product Code: January Promotion

Product: Reserva Privada Silver LA

Product: DNA Genetics LA Confidential

Product: DNA Genetics Seeds Stacked Kush

Product: Seedsman Seeds White Widow
Quantity: 2
Product Code: SMANWW5 / SMANWW

basically I wanted some more autos for my personal stock/bank and I couldn't pass on some of the freebies. I felt I had to order for the LA Confidential alone as a friend came by out of the blue a day before the promo and brought me some LA Confidential to try. It was good enough that I saw the promo as an omen of the positive kind. Well how did that little voice pay off? Well I got all the freebies you see listed above,but there was an extra Fem UFO card with my order. It was one as if I had bought enough to get all 5 UFO's!!!!! Lucky me! So I got a 2nd free of DNA's LA Woman and a second Reserva Privada Sour Kush. On top of those I got one each of Blimburn Tijuana, Blimburn Mango and Positronics Critical #47.
I think I should've played the lottery today. But I'll take this! Buy 10 get 13 free?! Nuts just nuts. What will Feb bring?

Kiwikaki
01-18-2013, 10:18 AM
Subbing for this one Rahstah, leds and autos, two things I love! And great selection of autos you got from attitude, and a shit ton of freebies :what:

Rahstah
01-18-2013, 04:43 PM
So some quick photos and thoughts before the weekend.

First up my Attitude order.
You'll see my 5 bonus(unexpected) freebies gathered around the alien on the right.

The sites that I was calling new growth on the 16th has actually been flower sites finally forming so I'm thinking both plants are now exiting their veg stage.
NLxBB and A.C.
A.C.
Flowering top
More sites...

And a couple of looks under LED...

So now I'm wondering how long I should expect for these flowers to develop. I have no idea what to expect with an auto at this point. 70 days from seed to finish? That would mean these flowers should grow and be done in 35 days? That doesn't seem possible to me, but maybe one of you guys that are familiar with autos could give me an idea?

Well, I hope everybody has a fantastic weekend except the Baltimore Ravens. As always, thanks for stopping and looking. I hope to have tons of bud growth over the weekend that I can share come Monday. I'll be around the forum in the meantime though!

Kiwikaki
01-18-2013, 07:29 PM
No worries they are looking just right for their age in my opinion.

This is how my last autos looked like at the age of 24 days
http://bubbleponics.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=57125&d=1322152475

Here is the front left plant from the pervious photo at the age of 49 days.
http://bubbleponics.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=60262&d=1324156873

So once they start flowering, its going to be fast :supersmile:

Rahstah
01-18-2013, 08:46 PM
Thanks for that Kiwikaki! Very reassuring. Good to see you around again too. And man that's a fast flowering. At what day did you chop that plant?

Kiwikaki
01-18-2013, 10:27 PM
Not a problem :). And like always its good to be back :supersmile:. I can't recall exactly but I would say 70 days is close. The one on the back right in the first picture took about 2 weeks longer.

N.W.
01-20-2013, 11:51 AM
lol... Every time i drop by that AC gets bigger... Beast that she is... lol

Very Nice score on the new beans bro... Berry Ryder is a poupular one, not grown it myself but seen it done a few times...
Im pretty sure thats one of Cres's(breeder)strains.. Dude got some awesome stuff in his line up....

Rahstah
01-20-2013, 06:50 PM
lol... Every time i drop by that AC gets bigger... Beast that she is... lol

Very Nice score on the new beans bro... Berry Ryder is a poupular one, not grown it myself but seen it done a few times...
Im pretty sure thats one of Cres's(breeder)strains.. Dude got some awesome stuff in his line up....

I know nothing about the breeders. Kind of wish I had time to do the research though. My berry Ryder is from "auto seeds". I hope it's good. I'm probably gonna make a small dwc to start one while I wait for the AC to finish. I'd love to get another auto in my cab and finish it before I have visitors from Africa. And i wish they would bring me some Durban Poison! I'd also like to do one of these seedsman auto lemons too. It's great to wish and fantasize.

Rahstah
01-20-2013, 08:08 PM
I'm a filthy liar. I said I wasn't going to post any pics til Monday but I couldn't help myself yet again. Just pics no comments though. My AC is on roids I think! Can't raise the light any higher. Next step is removing her stand! Really flowering heavy now too. I feel like I should do a defol but I'm gonna let them do their thing. Look for a berry ryder in the left corner soon to come...I think.

MrGreenGenes
01-21-2013, 06:58 PM
Yesterday I saw on you tube a guy scroging Think Different. The grow was insane. Checkit out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSq4ERkZXkg

Rahstah
01-22-2013, 04:21 PM
Quick LED on photo update on what I call day 39. Just did a res change. Jack's 2 part as usual. I removed the wire stand from beneath the AC. She was just getting too tall.

NLxBB and A.C.
NLxBB and A.C. above
NLxBB
A.C.
A.C.
A.C. flower. pushed nutes a bit too hard and have slight tip burn on some leaves.
A.C.
A.C.

NLxBB isn't really flowering yet. I don't want to have to go 12/12 for her. She's a nice symmetrical squat bush though. I wish I could show roots pictures to all of you but i cant hold the container up and shoot a picture and I have no extra hands ever. I will post some pics without the LED's in the next day or two.

Thanks for stopping and looking.

Rahstah
01-23-2013, 06:20 AM
Maybe things are going too smooth so far (knock on wood) or I'm just being impatient and bored but I have a question for the auto guys...; should I consider doing any kind of a defol on these plants or will it just stress them out and mess them up? I'd feel better if I had built a scrog and had been weaving but I think if I had the AC would've taken up the whole cab.

the A.C. Drinks just under a gallon everyday. The NLxBB about 1/4-1/3 of a gallon. Having a small res and controller setup for the AC alone would be good if I need to jet for a couple days. Think I'd rather use some floor space to pop an auto berry Ryder in a small dwc til AC finishes though.

Rahstah
01-23-2013, 03:49 PM
Good morning friends! Had a good Dr visit today so I'm in a good mood. And I think the wife is getting a new better paying job.
Anyway I turned the LED's off for a few secs and took some green pictures.

http://youtu.be/O4o8TeqKhgY

It's Like a jungle!
I had pulled some branches down with string over night to open the AC up a bit. This plant has got way bigger than I ever imagined it would.
NLxBB very lush bush
starting to show some flower development I think
And the AC is still developing ahead of the NLxBB
AC baby buds

Everything is moving along rather nicely IMHO. Now if I could only speed up time and have this finished tonight!!
I'm gonna try not to freeze my ass off today! If I could live in my cabs 79f right now Id be very happy. I hope everybody has a great day. Thanks for stopping and looking. Any and all comments and suggestions are always welcome and wanted.:rasta2:

Rahstah
01-24-2013, 05:08 PM
I'm eager to pop another auto bean to fill in the void that I believe the AC will leave. I think she will finish before the NLxBB. But Id like to get her started soon. I don't have room for another WF or DIY WF right now so I decided to build a little DWC bucket. So here is what I made. sorry I don't have costs of parts. some stuff I just had.

2 gallon bucket from HD. Painted outside black since the bucket was white.
Cut hole in the lid for the net pot I had on hand. I wanted a smaller one but not going out in this ass cold weather!
Like a glove!
Starting to look like something.
Bubble components.
putting pieces together
Thinking this might turn out ok
Let's make it shiny and insulated.
All together now!
Lid off, airline fed through side with air disc.

To be con't. 2 more pics that didn't fit.

Rahstah
01-24-2013, 05:15 PM
Side view of airline entrance point. Small blue check valve in background.
Lid on, net pot out. The air disc looks like it should do a good job.

I was very happy with this little project. Aside from waiting for the paint to dry this job took 30-40 minutes. If I had a black bucket I obviously wouldve used that. When I painted I wasn't thinking I was gonna wrap and insulate. The wrapping and insulating took the majority of the build. It's a combo of silver tape and a 1/8 foam self stick duct wrap.

I hope it works nice. I had fun building it. If anybody has a suggestion for something I missed please holla!!!

Thanks for looking.

Stoney
01-24-2013, 06:35 PM
looks great man.... the ONLY thing i could suggest is to slap a rahstah sticker on it!!!!!:rasta2:

Sluch
01-25-2013, 12:14 AM
read all posts :D subscribing... could u explain why u choose LED over your first grows HPS? how big your closet is? and how big crop do u expect? ;)

Rahstah
01-25-2013, 12:22 AM
I got LED's hoping they'd be naturally cooler without having to vent like I did with HID. The noise was too much. Closet I can't remember dimensions but I think I posted that answer for somebody else. [2'6"x4'6"x6'] I'm still a noob and it's my second grow. I've got different lights, different medium and different plants. I have NO idea what to expect. Matter of fact I'm shocked everytime I open my cabinets doors! Thanks bubbleheads for all the help! Someday I hope to aspire to be like some of the pros on this site who have helped me directly or indirectly.

Rahstah
01-26-2013, 03:49 AM
The cheese is getting too tall! This AC is blowing me away. I never expected this beast. Take a look...

NLxBB and A.C.
NLxBB
NLxBB from above
NLxBB budsite.
The mighty A.C.
A.C. from above, sort of...
Closeup of that one main stalk. (not sure what to call it at this stage)

I cant raise my light one more bit. only thing I can do now is cut out a section of my stiff foam floor base. That might possibly buy me another 2 - 2 1/2"

I just reread how long these are supposed to take according to the breeders from seed to harvest. NLxBB says 65 days...that leaves less than 4 weeks!!! I don't buy it. And the cheese says 70 days seed to harvest. That might happen. Does four weeks seem possible?

Thanks for stopping and looking my friends.:rasta2:

I had to come in and post script that after seeing my pics up on this post the photos don't really show how close the three biggest stalks are to the light, nor do they show how tall it really is. Last time I measured it it stood just over 2'6". I think it's close to 3' now and that's from top of hydroton to top stalk. Without a reserve res if I couldn't get in and feed I'd kill this plant. over a gallon a day now. I could babble on for awhile but I'll spare y'all!!!

Rahstah
01-26-2013, 04:15 PM
I took some more pics this AM. I couldn't remove my hard foam floor so I felt forced to SC.

Full open door cab shot
Uh-oh:smiley-shocked003: where did my main top go?!?:what:
AC flowering.
SC'd main cola. please don't yell at me:straightface:. just glad it's turning back up. hope i didn't anger her. amazingly to me the SC bend is a flat bend like a folded drinking straw.
NLxBB tops...
So dang close to the panel and it luckily hasn't bleached.
I use tap water filtered through this replacement filter. My housing for the filter doesn't look like the white one pictured.
supposed to be replaced every 6 months...I bet it's been longer than that. But I haven't been punished yet by giving it to the girls. Checked the PH and PPM of it and before the new filter water comes out at 6.5ph and 252ppm. With the Jack's it goes to 5.8-5.9 and 1450 typically.
For full disclosure I have to say that when I do my res changes I try to use gallon jugs of store bought store brand spring water. But that accounts for 4 gallons total (2gal each WF) and the AC goes through 7 more gallons of tap on avg now and the NLxBB goes through just over 3.5 gallons avg now.

Thanks for looking!

Stoney
01-26-2013, 05:37 PM
lookin good man!!! nice SC work!!!!

when i first bought my veg led light i flowered with it in the beginning and i bleached quite a few buds on different grows and the bleached buds tasted exactly the same and were just as potent... my friends and i could not tell the difference. in fact i thought the white buds were special!! hahaha i had no idea that it was bleaching for a long time... i thought i had special plants!!!!! (I didn't know about forums and stuff when i did this) so after about 5 grows or more i figured it out!!!!!!! hahahahahahaha

so my point being.... don't sweat it if the bud bleaches!!!

hahaha i actually remember smoking this bud..... http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd361/stoneyluv2/DSCN1991-1.jpg

keep up the great work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rahstah
01-26-2013, 06:44 PM
Stoney that's pretty funny and good info. I wonder if anybody else here could enlighten us on what the damage of bleaching really does to the flower?

Stoney
01-26-2013, 07:16 PM
Stoney that's pretty funny and good info. I wonder if anybody else here could enlighten us on what the damage of bleaching really does to the flower?

i wish i had photos of the buds that were entirely white... i didn't know forums and journals existed at the time so i only took a pic here and there... that one happen to be my first led grown bud!!!

it was bag seed and i thought wow it must be one of those "white" strains i read about in high times!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha not even close!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rahstah
01-26-2013, 07:29 PM
i wish i had photos of the buds that were entirely white... i didn't know forums and journals existed at the time so i only took a pic here and there... that one happen to be my first led grown bud!!!

it was bag seed and i thought wow it must be one of those "white" strains i read about in high times!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha not even close!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy shit Stoney! I think you just made me piss myself laughing at the "white" strain. I probably would've thought the same thing if I were in your shoes at the time. Hilarious man.

BigTurk
01-26-2013, 07:33 PM
That's really Amazing; I would have bet money the roles would be reversed and NL / BB would be the Monstah..!

Have you done any research on the Dinafem Auto Cheese since it started to look like this;
is this kinda growth typical for it, or did you catch a freak Pheno..?

Rahstah
01-26-2013, 07:58 PM
That's really Amazing; I would have bet money the roles would be reversed and NL / BB would be the Monstah..!

Have you done any research on the Dinafem Auto Cheese since it started to look like this;
is this kinda growth typical for it, or did you catch a freak Pheno..?

I thought the exact same thing Turk. I may have even wrote that at some point earlier in my journal. I think having BB in the name makes you think that. I keep reading the write up on the AC and in the beginning of the description it says "gives you good yield & good height" then later says "great producer and has a discrete height". I don't equate good height and discrete height. Apparently dinafem does.

So BT I got no effin clue!!! Ha ha! Or, maybe I'm screwing something up!

Sluch
01-27-2013, 02:57 PM
Hey whats the difference for waterfarms? Just two buckets instead of one?

Rahstah
01-27-2013, 03:42 PM
Hey whats the difference for waterfarms? Just two buckets instead of one?

http://cdn.greenhousecatalog.com/images/large/waterfarm-diagram-287.jpg

Im guessing you mean the difference between DWC and WF? The drip ring is the difference. But yeah, it's two buckets. Bottom one is 4 gallons top one with holes in bottom is 2 gallons. You can buy just the waterfarm drip ring assembly and build your own like lots of people do. Now that I see how mine are constructed I will build my own in the future using a 5 gallon bucket the GH WF ring kit and a 10" net pot bucket lid.

Rahstah
01-27-2013, 07:55 PM
Had to bang out a super fast plant check. Sometimes what I have to do is harrowing. A.C. Needed a full gallon and a bit, good lord! NLxBB needed about half a gallon. Both looked good. Leaves on AC more flat today rather than praying to the light. Flowers puffing up. Gave both plants a 180 turn. Pics tomorrow after the kitten goes to the vet for final shots. Next visit after will be the good ol' snip snip! And boy does he need it. Trying to constantly rape my 5 year old former hood cat(litter at 6 months) turned suburb lazy ass. Sorry for the tangent. Thought I was on a cat thread for a second I think.:smokealot:

Rahstah
01-27-2013, 10:50 PM
To whomever gave me that 5 star... Thank you! I'm not worthy but thank you. I just try to keep it simple and expect nothing. But having a peer throw that 5 on me means a lot to me.:hug:

Stoney
01-28-2013, 12:37 AM
:jointsmile: it was earned!

Rahstah
01-28-2013, 03:31 AM
:jointsmile: it was earned!

If it was you Stoney I'm gonna give you a purple nurple!

Anyway I pulled some blatant bud shading on the AC just now.

Damn photos make me look white!
Plant photos tomorrow. It won't look like I did anything as this was 4 fistfulls later.

Sluch
01-28-2013, 11:49 AM
What are the main aspects to use WF instead of bubblephonics? :D sorry im
Just dumb

Rahstah
01-28-2013, 01:44 PM
What are the main aspects to use WF instead of bubblephonics? :D sorry im
Just dumb

I think any method has its advantages and disadvantages. Ultimately I'd say its the growers choice or preference. I can now say I prefer WF over hempy and DWC but I'd still grow using those methods without hesitation. I just think for ME and my set up that WF is my choice.

Rahstah
01-28-2013, 03:53 PM
Day 45:

Both are looking great IMO. I just peaked at the Trunk on the AC and it looks like it swallowed a golf ball!
NLxBB and A.C.
NLxBB from above
NLxBB side
NLxBB
NLxBB
And the monster AC
A.C.
A.C.
A.C.

I'm gonna add some "Pink" photos with a surprise guest in the cab in a following post.

Thanks for looking!

Rahstah
01-28-2013, 03:56 PM
Day 45:

"pink" photos

Thanks for looking!

Rahstah
01-29-2013, 03:33 PM
Day 46:

Did a res change this morning. I figure why not when the res is relatively small and by morning has just over 1-1 1/2 gallons remaining. I used distilled water this time I got on my way home for .88 cents each at my local supermarket. 2 gallons per site mixed with Jack's 2 part and some Orca. I have a bunch of free sample supplements but I'm afraid to use any of them. So, I ask YOU bubbleheads do you have experience or do you know anything about the following: hydroplex, liquid karma, sweet all from botanicare and GH floranectar. Do I dare use any of these with my Jack's? And what if anything would I gain from any of them?

While you ponder the question here are some baby buds...

First up NLxBB

The rest are all on the A.C.

Thanks for looking!

Bandit420
01-29-2013, 03:40 PM
Outstanding growing Rahstah! Those buds are about to put on a show!!
Does the wf drip rings get your little kitty curious? Looks like she's wondering what's that gurgling in there about?
My dog loves hanging out in my room too especially on rainy days since it's the only place the sun is shining:rasta2:
+ they like to watch the fish eat lol

Rahstah
01-29-2013, 03:44 PM
Outstanding growing Rahstah! Those buds are about to put on a show!!
Does the wf drip rings get your little kitty curious? Looks like she's wondering what's that gurgling in there about?
My dog loves hanging out in my room too especially on rainy days since it's the only place the sun is shining:rasta2:
+ they like to watch the fish eat lol

He's only 4-5 months old so he's curious about everything! When he's not sleeping he runs around driving everybody in the house mad! And he's getting horny! Time to get him snipped. Vet said any day I want just call the day before. I call him Smokey after Christ Tucker's character in Friday.

Rahstah
01-30-2013, 12:39 AM
Before I left for work I decided to try cracking a Berry Ryder. Hopefully it comes up successfully and becomes a welcome addition to my journal. I was probably foolish to do it now and not wait a couple more weeks. I think I got a small spot it can go!

Stoney
01-30-2013, 01:57 AM
there's always room for one more!!!!!!

now i'm gonna have to watch friday again..... DAAAAMMMMNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahaha funny ass flick!!!!!

SanibelGreen
01-30-2013, 03:12 AM
Amazing how much those leaves are reaching to the light :)

SG

Rahstah
01-30-2013, 03:58 AM
Amazing how much those leaves are reaching to the light :)

SG

It's crazy to me. I've seen them flat only a few times. And that was probably right after lights on.

12N12
01-30-2013, 06:41 PM
Well Im not to much of a fan when it comes to LED lighting but this journal is killer :rasta:

SanibelGreen
01-30-2013, 06:45 PM
Btw I did not see you in your earlier post, I run Floronova from GH, Liquid Karm, Calmag +, and a 5 gallon of dutchmaster bloom maximizer I got for 30$ on clearance! Never used anything else and never have had any problems. Great stuff though!

SG

Mountain Dro
01-30-2013, 09:19 PM
Fantastic journal, Rahstah! Don't know why I wasn't subbed earlier, but I've fixed my mistake now.

MD

Rahstah
01-30-2013, 09:22 PM
Glad to have you on board Mountain! Great chatting with you guys earlier! Again thanks for the advice!

12N12
01-31-2013, 01:12 AM
Ok so I just ordered 12 auto seeds so I hope we can swap notes :)

Rahstah
01-31-2013, 01:18 AM
Ok so I just ordered 12 auto seeds so I hope we can swap notes :)

I will share what ever I know which isn't much!

12N12
01-31-2013, 03:03 AM
I will share what ever I know which isn't much!
yea right, have you seen your plants?!!

Rahstah
01-31-2013, 03:42 AM
yea right, have you seen your plants?!!

Its all them, the WF, the LEDs and the nutes. I'm a newb who's been very fortunate to have found this site and all the great growers here. I just absorbed what I thought would be the best of the best but the most simple that I thought I could do. That's why I started with passive hydro and chose three hempy's for my first grow. Then I decided to pull one and make my own DWC. I had heat issues with my HID and fan noise. I had a hell of a time with res temps in the DWC and I had to chop everything way too early. I had a lot of dry weight but the buds were mostly fluffy and or underdeveloped. I had to leave on a three week trip so they had to go. Then they dried just a bit too quick because they weren't very dense. Good smoke for the average joe who only does it once in awhile but not for the likes of the people here. With all that said, I feel much better this grow. I was out of work for a month sick during that first go too. This time I'm having an easier time with monitoring ph and ppm and cab temps. Hopefully I can complete this one a bit better!

So tonight when I got in my cab I found that the drip ring on the AC was doing nothing. Pulled ring off it was clean. Bubbling water barely coming up the spout. I checked the pump, and it was working. Checked for kinked airlines. Pulled air tube and blew through it replacing the pump. Something must've got in the up tube. Replaced the air tube to pump and its working fine again. Anybody know what typically could clog the up tube? I was thinking root matter possibly.

i'm gonna take pics tomorrow since it's the last day of the month so I can update for the contest and share all the extras here.

stutter
01-31-2013, 04:59 AM
salt build up or bacteria even? bacteria love airstones and airlines. they create a bio slime which could clog up lines i reckon

Mountain Dro
01-31-2013, 12:49 PM
As stutter said, I believe salt build up and algae or bacteria can easily clog that tube. I also believe you've got a great idea about the root matter clogging that as well. I'm surprised to hear that it was clogged bad enough that you couldn't clear it though.

After replacing the tube, did you find anything in the old clogged tube that was abnormal?

MD

Rahstah
01-31-2013, 02:11 PM
As stutter said, I believe salt build up and algae or bacteria can easily clog that tube. I also believe you've got a great idea about the root matter clogging that as well. I'm surprised to hear that it was clogged bad enough that you couldn't clear it though.

After replacing the tube, did you find anything in the old clogged tube that was abnormal?

MD

I actually did get it clear by blowing through the airline. I heard and felt something clear out. It works fine. I was asking what could've been and my initial guess was roots but I'd bet some alge or slt build up.

Rahstah
01-31-2013, 03:33 PM
Day 48:

Topped of resovoirs checked ph and ppm. NLxBB needed a lil food with her water. A.C. needed a lot of water. The A.C. had I not Sc'd the main cola would be just over 3 feet right now. As it is there are fan leaves praying on the two biggest secondary colas and are tapping at the 3 foot park. I can't believe how big it got. The NLxBB is looking great but is just a mere foot and a half tall. Perfectly symmetrical squat bush she is.

W.O.S. NLxBB auto along side the Dinafem Auto Cheese

Leaf reaching for the 3' mark
measure is from the top of the hydroton
The half height NLxBB
NLxBB110276
A.C.
Bird's eye of A.C.
Best high shot I could get of the two
Con't.......

Rahstah
01-31-2013, 03:38 PM
Continued from page 12...

First three are NLxBB baby flowers
The rest are the A.C.

Grow babies Grow!

12N12
01-31-2013, 05:11 PM
Ok, first off for a first time grower Im here to say YOU HAVE THE GREEN THUMB :bravo: Second, when it come to saly build up in hydro, nothing works better then drip clean. Drip clean is a product house and garden makes. It forms a ionic bond to the salts and breaks them down. I use the stuff in my pro mix and I never have to flush untill the end of harvest! Great job and thanks for sharing with you Rah.

Mountain Dro
01-31-2013, 05:27 PM
Florakleen from General Hydroponics also comes highly recommended for the same purpose. Sorry I confused the details, but I'm very glad to hear the tube is cleared for use!

MD

Rahstah
01-31-2013, 05:45 PM
Ok, first off for a first time grower Im here to say YOU HAVE THE GREEN THUMB :bravo: Second, when it come to saly build up in hydro, nothing works better then drip clean. Drip clean is a product house and garden makes. It forms a ionic bond to the salts and breaks them down. I use the stuff in my pro mix and I never have to flush untill the end of harvest! Great job and thanks for sharing with you Rah.

no disrespect but for the record I'm a second time indoor grower. however first time with everything I'm using except the cab and the nutes.

Florakleen from General Hydroponics also comes highly recommended for the same purpose. Sorry I confused the details, but I'm very glad to hear the tube is cleared for use!

MD

sorry?! no need to be sorry. your advice may come in handy in another instance or may help somebody else who reads/needs it!!

Rahstah
01-31-2013, 05:49 PM
In other news...

I just peeked at the berry ryder seed I put in paper towels and a black dvd case in an ipod mini box by my baseboard. It .....

Cracked!
just a stub out so I'll give it til I get home to get it in a rapid rooter. Got to get the temporary mini DWC ready for sure now!

BigTurk
01-31-2013, 08:23 PM
Cracked Berry Ryder...SCORE..!!!

Kigcobbkin
01-31-2013, 08:58 PM
Would you use just one led in a 2x2 tent and how many plants? I have the blackstar chrome 270 that I purchased from lighthouse hydro this will be my first grow!

Rahstah
01-31-2013, 09:07 PM
Would you use just one led in a 2x2 tent and how many plants? I have the blackstar chrome 270 that I purchased from lighthouse hydro this will be my first grow!

I'm not familiar with that brand. What does the manufacturer say it will cover? Lots of guys use black stars here so ill defer to one of them. But my guess would be it will be fine in your tent

12N12
01-31-2013, 11:04 PM
no disrespect but for the record I'm a second time indoor grower. however first time with everything I'm using except the cab and the nutes.

sorry?! no need to be sorry. your advice may come in handy in another instance or may help somebody else who reads/needs it!!

MY mistake Rah. I thought this was your first go around. Please forgive me :passthebone:

12N12
01-31-2013, 11:06 PM
OMG. I ordered 5 fem seeds of berry rider! How cool is that. Now we can test what grows bery rider better. Hydro and LED OR soil and HPS. This is such a great journal. Now I'm even more excited :yahoo:

Rahstah
02-01-2013, 12:14 AM
Sweet 12! I bet they grow bigger hydro but taste better in soil

12N12
02-01-2013, 12:43 AM
Sweet 12! I bet they grow bigger hydro but taste better in soil
Well remember this is my first try at auto flowers so you might take the win by storm. But, on the other hand, I am known to crush hydro growers so no suprise there. Lets have fun and let the note taking begine.

Rahstah
02-01-2013, 12:51 AM
Well remember this is my first try at auto flowers so you might take the win by storm. But, on the other hand, I am known to crush hydro growers so no suprise there. Lets have fun and let the note taking begine.

If you can crush other hydro growers growing regular plants then I doubt autos will be much of a challenge for you! You'll rock em out just fine!

Rahstah
02-01-2013, 03:39 AM
Time for a quick Berry Ryder update. It's ready for a rapid rooter now that I got home. Here's how I cracked it.

ipad mini box standing on the floor.
Mini box
That's not an ipad mini, that's a DVD!
That's not a DVD! it's a bunch of wet folded paper towels. WTF?!
Ooo! a seed and it popped!(12:45pmEST)
You're ready for a new home.(10:10pmEST)

Next step is into a RR.

12N12
02-01-2013, 03:55 AM
I can't wait to see how this turns out,NICE! please log as much in deepth info as you can remember so I can have just as good of a grow in the next coming weeks. Thanks brother!!

SanibelGreen
02-01-2013, 05:50 AM
Def been looking for someone to grow this!!

SG

Rahstah
02-01-2013, 03:19 PM
I can't wait to see how this turns out,NICE! please log as much in deepth info as you can remember so I can have just as good of a grow in the next coming weeks. Thanks brother!!

Well here is how I have that baby stored to hopefully reemerge.

Berry Ryder incubation chamber

BigTurk
02-01-2013, 04:21 PM
I see you have a Heating Mat / Towel Combination under that Sprout;
do you have that on a separate timer to come on at lights-out to keep temps up at night..?

Is that two Transparent Totes combined for your "Incubation Chamber"..?

What are the temps / RH in the "Incubation Chamber"..?

Rahstah
02-01-2013, 04:39 PM
I see you have a Heating Mat / Towel Combination under that Sprout;
do you have that on a separate timer to come on at lights-out to keep temps up at night..?

Is that two Transparent Totes combined for your "Incubation Chamber"..?

What are the temps / RH in the "Incubation Chamber"..?

first question, yes.

second question, yes

third, I'm trying to get it adjusted since it just went in. so I'll have to get back to you.

update: sitting at 78F with 70%rh for now.

I couldn't resist taking these while I checked the chamber

SanibelGreen
02-01-2013, 05:09 PM
I used to do what you are doing there for incubation then I found these amazing small looking solo cups!

Drill holes in the bot for some drip through and bam!

SG

Rahstah
02-01-2013, 05:11 PM
I used to do what you are doing there for incubation then I found these amazing small looking solo cups!

SG

thats exactly what i want. I was plannin on looking at the liquor store today. but I had these on hand for the kids anyway.

SanibelGreen
02-01-2013, 05:30 PM
thats exactly what i want. I was plannin on looking at the liquor store today. but I had these on hand for the kids anyway.

Ya man makes it so easy I just throw the soaked seed in and start it in the tent in the cup than transplant the rooter to the bucket and thats it. The cups were 5$ for 30 at total wine(Liq store) down here, however I just rinse the cup and what not so you never really go "through" them.

SG

12N12
02-01-2013, 06:01 PM

SG

That is amazing SG! When I finally get out of bed today, Im om a solo cuo mini hunt foir sure! I had no idea that make then that small. Thanks for the share.

Rahstah
02-01-2013, 06:19 PM
we used to get them for shots in college!! that was over 20 yrs ago.

SanibelGreen
02-01-2013, 06:35 PM
we used to get them for shots in college!! that was over 20 yrs ago.

:what: lol

SG

Mountain Dro
02-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Those mini Solo cups are a great idea and a fantastic addition to a grower's arsenal! I'm definitely remembering those.

And yes, they are for shots. What a waste, but at least we can re-purpose them for seedlings/clones!

MD

SanibelGreen
02-01-2013, 10:56 PM
Those mini Solo cups are a great idea and a fantastic addition to a grower's arsenal! I'm definitely remembering those.

And yes, they are for shots. What a waste, but at least we can re-purpose them for seedlings/clones!

MD

I was in line returning a Keg and was like wow that's what i need for my rapid rooter! Funny how when you go out and see things you are always thinking about a grow in a certain spot or things that you could grow out of, etc lol

That is amazing SG! When I finally get out of bed today, Im om a solo cuo mini hunt foir sure! I had no idea that make then that small. Thanks for the share.

Ya man go to the liquor stores! Dont forget the little drill holes too :)

SG

Rahstah
02-03-2013, 07:08 AM
Why am I up at 2:00 am?!

C'mon Berry Ryder!
And some A.C. LED electric buds forming

So, do I consider superbowl sunday day 1 of this auto or the day the tap root came out of the seed?

Rahstah
02-03-2013, 08:48 AM
I just found a few leaves on the AC with brown spots!!! gonna err toward adding some cal mag just in case. first time I've seen any problem with this plant so far. Nothing major but I wanted to make note of it. Sorry no pics as I plucked and discarded them in shame and anger!

PS a "few" really meant that. 3

12N12
02-03-2013, 01:10 PM
:yahoo:

Rahstah
02-04-2013, 04:34 AM
Berry Ryder end of day one update...(dedicated to 12N12)
2:00 am 1/3
11:30pm 1/3

Tomorrow I think I will get it in it's mini DWC.

Rahstah
02-04-2013, 04:41 AM
Berry Ryder Update Day 1:

2:00am 1/3

11:30pm 1/3
I dedicate the birth of this seed to 12N12.

12N12
02-04-2013, 06:25 AM
sexy

Rahstah
02-04-2013, 04:19 PM
Day 52:

This will be a two part update.
NLxBB & A.C.
A.C.
NLxBB
A.C. buds
NLxBB, much slower than the breeder claimed

Continued in next post...

Rahstah
02-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Day 52 & Day 2:

A.C.
A.C. base.
NLxBB base.
B.R. day 2

I don't know most trichs on a A.C. sugar leaf I took was 90% cloudy. I hope these buds fatten up a bit more before the trichs go amber to some percentage.

12N12
02-04-2013, 05:50 PM
Man, I'm addicted to auto's now. Looking great my friend, thank for the "I dedicate the birth of this seed to 12N12" on the Bery Rider. I can't wait to see what she brings us :yahoo:

Kigcobbkin
02-04-2013, 08:34 PM
Hey man those ladies looking good! How would you rate your 400 solar storm? I was wanting to know if it would be enough for 2 plants in a 2x2.5x8ft i see you have a bigger space then mine.

Rahstah
02-04-2013, 09:29 PM
Hey man those ladies looking good! How would you rate your 400 solar storm? I was wanting to know if it would be enough for 2 plants in a 2x2.5x8ft i see you have a bigger space then mine.

I think the 400 would be fine in the space you mention. However, I think depending upon what and how you grow two plants could get crowded. I have two and my space is packed. I think my best bet would've been to run just the A.C. And grow it under a scrog.

Kigcobbkin
02-04-2013, 11:20 PM
Thanks man for info I have never used LEDs but all of the hydro stores here love it! I am thinking about doing Scrog for sure seen some nice setups using this method. I was worried about crowding too I guess if one them gets to big I could pull it but I think if use Scrog correctly I can fill the tent with them both!

Rahstah
02-05-2013, 03:44 AM
Thanks man for info I have never used LEDs but all of the hydro stores here love it! I am thinking about doing Scrog for sure seen some nice setups using this method. I was worried about crowding too I guess if one them gets to big I could pull it but I think if use Scrog correctly I can fill the tent with them both!

My first time using led too. It's a learning process! If you're using a photo plant then you can just flip to 12/12 when the screen is 60-70% full. Then the stretch should fill the rest unless you're doing a super stretchy sativa.

Rahstah
02-05-2013, 03:22 PM
Day 53:

A.C. getting deeper into flower. Where there are buds and trichs, the trichs seem to be 90% cloudy.
I need some bubblehead pro to start steering down the path of finishing this Auto properly so any feedback will be greatly appreciated. So, I'm asking when should I start flushing it etc. Buds still seem rather small but that could be this plant. I honestly have no clue what I'm doing here on out and need some support.

A.C. absolutely stinks the joint up the moment the door to the cab opens.
NLxBB still far behind.
And berry ryder day 3.

Again anybody with some info to help me out at this point would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. I added the UVB bulbs to the SS400 at this point per recommendation from Brandon at CLW.

12N12
02-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Well after many, many harvest under my belt, I have learned the plant (not the breeder) tells you when she has had enough. In my opinion if your girls are 90% milky right now then by the time you flush, your girl will be around 20-50 % amber in the coming week. I'm not sure about the style of your plant because Im new to auto's but I will say I enjoy some amber. The key is to pull before the amber gets to dark and the head pop off. This will lower the effects of your meds and or you may not enjoy amber. If your happy with milky, I would start to flush and in a week you should be golden my friend. Hope that helps.

Rahstah
02-05-2013, 03:55 PM
Well after many, many harvest under my belt, I have learned the plant (not the breeder) tells you when she has had enough. In my opinion if your girls are 90% milky right now then by the time you flush, your girl will be around 20-50 % amber in the coming week. I'm not sure about the style of your plant because Im new to auto's but I will say I enjoy some amber. The key is to pull before the amber gets to dark and the head pop off. This will lower the effects of your meds and or you may not enjoy amber. If your happy with milky, I would start to flush and in a week you should be golden my friend. Hope that helps.

That helps a lot! I like couchlock btw as I need these meds most at night. I may let the NL err on the side of more milky for some morning daytime and then see what happens with the berry. got to move her soon too! My biggest regret is not scroggin this AC. I'm gonna get some decent little buds and a lot of fluff and popcorn. For my first auto I was too scared to defol, but I shoulda done that since I never scrogged. Oh well good learning experience.

Rahstah
02-05-2013, 05:46 PM
Now I've found some other sugar leaves with a lot more clear on them! Hmm...:huh:

The Dawg
02-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Brother Rahstah Is That 53 Days From Seed Or 53 Days Of Flower??

Rahstah
02-05-2013, 06:12 PM
Brother Rahstah Is That 53 Days From Seed Or 53 Days Of Flower??

From seed Dawg. Funny thing is the NLxBB said it would take 50-60days indoor and the AC said 70 days indoor from seed. The NLxBB has a long ways to go IMO. The AC is getting close. I know the breeders dates are all off but this seemed weird to this newb. What do you think Dawg?

The Dawg
02-05-2013, 06:24 PM
I Think Your Right On Time.I Havent Heard Of Any Auto's Finishing Up Before Day 75 From Seed.Just Keep On Checking Your Trichs and Dont Be Supprised If Your NLxBB Takes 85 Plus Days To Finish.

Rahstah
02-05-2013, 06:26 PM
I Think Your Right On Time.I Havent Heard Of Any Auto's Finishing Up Before Day 75 From Seed.Just Keep On Checking Your Trichs and Dont Be Supprised If Your NLxBB Takes 85 Plus Days To Finish.

Do you think I should wait on starting to flush the AC then. start flush in another week? I'm at a loss here bruh!

N.W.
02-05-2013, 07:00 PM
Not yet Brother... Sit on them hands for a little longer.....:supersmile:

Bro the packet and bottle Says wish i got payed for every time i heard that lol... Only guide lines... I guess you have at least 2 more weeks...
Chop her now and lose half your weight... Watch those buds fill out now, i like this time of the grow, so close to pay off time....

The Dawg
02-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Yes If It Was Me I Would Plan On Running Your AC Atleast 75 Days.However Let Your Trichs Tell Ya When Its Time To Harvest Then I Would Do A Flush For 48 Hours Before Harvesting

Rahstah
02-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Not yet Brother... Sit on them hands for a little longer.....:supersmile:

Bro the packet and bottle Says wish i got payed for every time i heard that lol... Only guide lines... I guess you have at least 2 more weeks...
Chop her now and lose half your weight... Watch those buds fill out now, i like this time of the grow, so close to pay off time....

Yes If It Was Me I Would Plan On Running Your AC Atleast 75 Days.However Let Your Trichs Tell Ya When Its Time To Harvest Then I Would Do A Flush For 48 Hours Before Harvesting

Thanks for the feedback guys! I have the patience so that's not the concern. I just don't want to push the trichs past their prime and definitely feel like these buds can fatten up some more.

Rahstah
02-06-2013, 02:45 PM
Day 54:

So when Dawg asked me 53 days flower seed it was from seed although you probably add a day or two to that number, but the day I started counting from was the day I first posted the sprouts.
With that said I'm gonna keep chuggin' along and hope these flowers on the AC fatten up over the next week or two. NLxBB is finally showing some good progress into flower formation. And last but not least I moved the Berry Ryder to it's own lil DWC. So, with out further ado, here are some photos!

First up is the B.R. in it's new home.
A.C. stinkin' up the joint!
NLxBB really starting to progress nicely. But, she's obviously gonna take WAY longer than the 50-60 days W.O.S. suggested.
NLxBB
A.C. flowers
NLxBB flowering

Too many pics so I have to continue into another post...

Rahstah
02-06-2013, 02:53 PM
Pics continued from Day 54

The following 5 photos are all A.C.

Only thing noteworthy about changes I've made are a slight nute change. I'm still using the Jack's 2 part. Per recommendation from MedScientist I'm trying this mix: hydro part(full)+calcium nitrate(half)+bloom booster(full). I hope I got med's formula right!!! He suggested using MOAB but I didn't have quick access to it so I'm using Jack's Bloom Booster which I already had.

Thanks everybody for stopping and looking!

Rahstah
02-06-2013, 05:27 PM
I got the following email today:

Unfortunately Delicious Cheese Candy Automatic is not yet available from the breeder due to its status as a new strain. If you would like, we can hold your order until this strain is available later in the month.
Alternatively we can refund the price of that strain and ship the rest of your order. We can also substitute a different seed of similar value if you would like to choose one from our site.

Please let us know how you wish to proceed in response to this email.

The Single Seed Centre

so maybe their webmaster messed up and made it "in stock" accidentally? Im gonna just wait it out. I'm in no rush. Just thought I'd share. This may also why, when I looked, it wasn't on Attitude. CHEESExCARAMELOxAUTO sounds tasty. Anybody grow the photo cheese candy?

SanibelGreen
02-06-2013, 05:31 PM
OOO a new delicious seed?! I am in.

SG

12N12
02-07-2013, 02:39 AM
for real! I got a few seeds of cotton candy. In the mean time....I just put the seeds in a cup of promix. I hope they sprout so we can side by side grow together aka wild bery boy's!

Rahstah
02-07-2013, 02:10 PM
Day 55:

I know I'm posting lots of pics but I figure if I doc the growth closely for myself I will be able to look back and reference someday. So here come a ton of pics.

Berry Baby
11115111115211115311115411115511115611115711115811 1159
To be continued in next post...

Rahstah
02-07-2013, 02:13 PM
...continued from previous post.

Tomorrow marks 8 weeks.

Rahstah
02-07-2013, 02:47 PM
And now for some trich shots!

this was a single sugar leaf from the original main cola that was supercropped.

TheGreens
02-09-2013, 01:16 AM
This thread is perfect, thank you so much for your detailed sharing.
Would a set up like this benefit from something like those CO2 Green Pad sheets?
~Green

Rahstah
02-09-2013, 09:39 AM
This thread is perfect, thank you so much for your detailed sharing.
Would a set up like this benefit from something like those CO2 Green Pad sheets?
~Green

I don't know what the green pad sheets are. I think if my cab was a totally sealed environment CO2 supplementation would help. But I have passive air intakes and my scrubber exhausts out of the cabinet. I'm in a basement near a gas furnace so I think I get enough CO2. If I were to add CO2 I'd use a tank and regulator with a monitor. I tried to use an "exhale" bag but I think that it was a waste of money and it fell and damaged a plant during my first grow.

Rahstah
02-10-2013, 05:02 AM
Woke up from my sickened stupor to find on my cab temp/rh monitor that the cab was at 91f with a rh of equal proportions. So I did that good old instant sober and ran down to my cab. Fan had stopped working that pulls through the carbon filter. I think the power dipped, and because the fan was on a speed control, that it stopped due to low voltage. When I entered the basement it reeked of cat piss. It was the A.C. Fan is fine now and no smell within 20 mins of my discovery. Both plants will look different next time I show em. A.C. is so dank! NLxBB just taking off. Berry is getting her 2nd set and being showcased in another journal.

Thanks for the well wishes friends. I feel much better. wifey too. lil girls bday went awesome!! she had a blast. didn't even open her gifts yet cuz her party was late. happiest 3yr old in the world today...til she got tired!

Bubbabue
02-10-2013, 05:26 AM
Good stuff.

autos will be my first attempt at a grow. Thanks for sharing. ill be looking forward to your auto harvest.
I Hope to have my berry Ryder going soon... Cab coming this week. :woohoo:

12N12
02-10-2013, 06:38 PM
Good stuff.

autos will be my first attempt at a grow. Thanks for sharing. ill be looking forward to your auto harvest.
I Hope to have my berry Ryder going soon... Cab coming this week. :woohoo:

Be sure to check out our tag team journal on the bery ryder auto grow Babbabue :supersmile:

Rahstah
02-11-2013, 04:17 AM
Day 57:

Trich shots from a sugar leaf o n the A.C. Let me know where you think I'm at now pros!!

I'll get some real pics up tomorrow.

Crazy time windows are running all over the place for me now. I can't even explain it's so nuts!!!

cocoJoe
02-11-2013, 01:42 PM
I would harvest!!! :smoker:

Peace,,
coco

Rahstah
02-11-2013, 02:21 PM
I would harvest!!! :smoker:

Peace,,
coco

Let me post some me pics. If I should harvest I got to start flushing then.

Rahstah
02-11-2013, 02:43 PM
Day 59:

coco says he'd harvest so I think I'm gonna start flushing. but before I do let me post these pics and I'll try to bust out another scope shot. This is getting exciting now!

NLxBB and A.C.
NLxBB
NLxBB still taking form
and the rest is A.C.

Rahstah
02-11-2013, 03:00 PM
Day 59 trich shots.

lot less amber on this one.

cocoJoe
02-11-2013, 03:17 PM
lot less amber on this one.

Yes ,, but you said 14 days of flush??
You have to look forward 14 days..
I would start the flush.. :baloon:

Peace,,
coco

Rahstah
02-11-2013, 03:35 PM
Yes ,, but you said 14 days of flush??
You have to look forward 14 days..
I would start the flush.. :baloon:

Peace,,
coco

Oh OK! that clarifies a bit better!!! I was thinking you were advising me to pull it in 2-3 days! LOL! Phew! I can't harvest any sooner than a week from tomorrow.
Should I really flush for 2 weeks or should I let the plant eat longer and do a shorter flush? I really need advice here. thanks!

cocoJoe
02-11-2013, 03:57 PM
I read all the posts here and thought you said you will flush for 14 days.. My BAD!!
I go 7 to 14 days ,, But flush is dependant on how you have feed the plants through flower.. :smoker:
Some here don't flush at all ,, I like the taste to be clean of nutes..:supersmile:
My smoke has no cough at all..

If I do cough it is because of chokers on the buds (lint or fibers from clothes ,, rugs ,, pets ,, etc.)..
Yuck!!

Peace,,
coco

Rahstah
02-11-2013, 04:04 PM
I read all the posts here and thought you said you will flush for 14 days.. My BAD!!
I go 7 to 14 days ,, But flush is dependant on how you have feed the plants through flower.. :smoker:
Some here don't flush at all ,, I like the taste to be clean of nutes..:supersmile:
My smoke has no cough at all..

If I do cough it is because of chokers on the buds (lint or fibers from clothes ,, rugs ,, pets ,, etc.)..
Yuck!!

Peace,,
coco

I've got mixed info on flush, like you said any where from not doing it up to 14 days. I think I need one of the waterfarm guys to walk me through flushing. straight ph'd water, use water and clearex, water and a sugar, etc.

Maybe the 14 days you read was my hope to harvest on the 22nd which I think I said 3 days ago. So that was my 2 weeks left and was wondering then if I should start flushing or not. Like I said this is new territory for me and I don't want to ruin all the good work I've done.

I really appreciate the feedback Coco!

Mountain Dro
02-11-2013, 08:01 PM
Hey there Rahstah. I don't have waterfarm experience, but you can flush with plain RO water and add clearex to clean up the excess salt. I'd say you're ready for harvest in around 7 days especially since it's an auto. If you have that many amber, it's definitely a good idea to check other leaves like you have been doing.

MD

Rahstah
02-12-2013, 03:45 AM
Evening trich shots...

Rahstah
02-12-2013, 02:37 PM
Day 60:

Alright it's day 60 and I'm about to unleash a shit ton of pics. Some with LEDs on and some without. So this will be a multi post photo display. So sit back and I hope you enjoy!

So first up the "pinky philes"
11192411192511192611192711192811192911193011193111 1932

continued in next post.....

Rahstah
02-12-2013, 02:42 PM
...continued from last post "Day 60"

A.C.

NLxBB

continued in the next post...

SanibelGreen
02-12-2013, 02:42 PM
Dear Jesus man water farm is out of control! Great canopy line you have going, how is the light penetration?

SG

Rahstah
02-12-2013, 02:50 PM
...continued from the last post. Well if you're still hanging in there this is the last set. I did warn y'all there were gonna be a bunch.

NLxBB
A.C.
NLxBB and A.C.

so I'm hoping on harvesting the A.C. in a week. Next Tuesday is the earliest I can have anytime to do so. I am not feeding the A.C. anything more. I'll let her eat what she got left and start flushing this weekend.

Thanks fro stopping and looking!

Rahstah
02-12-2013, 03:23 PM
Dear Jesus man water farm is out of control! Great canopy line you have going, how is the light penetration?

SG

Penetration could be better. I kept saying I should throw a screen over the A.C. but never did it. I think a scrog wouldve done me much better. But hey, I'm not complaining. I learned tons of new stuff. Still a newb so I'm happy. I never expected an auto to grow like this, nor that I'd grow one like this...so it's all good!!!

SanibelGreen
02-12-2013, 04:52 PM
Penetration could be better. I kept saying I should throw a screen over the A.C. but never did it. I think a scrog wouldve done me much better. But hey, I'm not complaining. I learned tons of new stuff. Still a newb so I'm happy. I never expected an auto to grow like this, nor that I'd grow one like this...so it's all good!!!

Reason I only do autos now lol.

SG

Rahstah
02-12-2013, 05:00 PM
Reason I only do autos now lol.

SG

Well the results of this A.C., so far, have sold me on autos!!! And I'd be willing to bet if I told people these weren't auto's they'd believe me. I thought autos would be lil things. Proven wrong yet again! Both of these autos are way bigger than my Fem'd Nirvana Papaya from my first grow!!!! I attribute that, in part, to the waterfarms.

Mountain Dro
02-12-2013, 05:02 PM
Still looking fantastic in here, Rahstah!

This grow has really encouraged me to try autos in my perpetual setup. They're just so nice!

MD

Rahstah
02-12-2013, 05:05 PM
Still looking fantastic in here, Rahstah!

This grow has really encouraged me to try autos in my perpetual setup. They're just so nice!

MD

I think they are worth the time. I'm sure there are still plenty of crappy auto strains. I think we need more NeilW's who can grow lots of em and figure out which ones are and which ones are not worth the time!

SanibelGreen
02-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Delicious and Auto seeds are the only ones I buy as of now, had some good experience with others but these two companies has some of the best IMO. I mean I had 3oz from every La Diva for a year it was like twenty something plants was amazing. What they can produce always outweighs the cost. I believe that dwc kills for them.

SG

Mountain Dro
02-12-2013, 05:13 PM
Well, with the way I want to setup my perpetual, I could easily try about 1 strain per month. If autos are as nice as they seem, I may even be able to do 2 a month.

This all depends on your results from your two plants including total time seed+veg+flower, final yield, and overall quality (taste, potency, bag appeal). I have my eye on 12N12 as well for the dual Berry Ryder grow which is the strain I want to try the most in auto flavor.

Keep up the great work here brother! You're making the right waves! :passthebone:

MD

SanibelGreen
02-12-2013, 05:18 PM
Well, with the way I want to setup my perpetual, I could easily try about 1 strain per month. If autos are as nice as they seem, I may even be able to do 2 a month.

This all depends on your results from your two plants including total time seed+veg+flower, final yield, and overall quality (taste, potency, bag appeal). I have my eye on 12N12 as well for the dual Berry Ryder grow which is the strain I want to try the most in auto flavor.

Keep up the great work here brother! You're making the right waves! :passthebone:

MD

Thing is Dro you can just space out the planting times, the 1st runs are the setup time, like plant one, 2 weeks later another, and so on once you get to like 5 plants you will be cutting every other week. under 18/6 straight from seed. Crazy thing it works! Sorry for the mild hijack.

SG

Mountain Dro
02-12-2013, 05:21 PM
Thing is Dro you can just space out the planting times, the 1st runs are the setup time, like plant one, 2 weeks later another, and so on once you get to like 5 plants you will be cutting every other week. under 18/6 straight from seed. Crazy thing it works! Sorry for the mild hijack.

SG
Oh that's my plan! I'll find out the general finish time for autos, divide by 3, and start a new plant on that interval. I figure it'll be 21 days.

3 plants is my limit during my perpetual grow. I'd be running all 3 under 18/6 from seed with 800W CMH most likely.

MD

Rahstah
02-12-2013, 05:24 PM

MD

The A.C. is looking right around 65-75 from seed. NLxBB looks like it's going to take a lot longer.

I can't wait to get my Berry Ryder under some real light. I really dislike how it is situated right now.

So, here's my Berry that I got in 12 and my dual journal.

I have a La Diva I'd like to do but I chose the BR because I had five.

Rahstah
02-12-2013, 05:33 PM

SG

No worries on a hijack. It's all relevant to what I'm doing and interested in. I think your info and thoughts are contributing rather than taking over.

Rahstah
02-12-2013, 05:54 PM
Today's trich shots of the day.

so this is a tiny sugar leaf from near the top of a flower. Here I see cloudy center trichs but lots of clear side trichs. Everywhere is different throughout the tops. Not sure what to make of it with so little experience.

N.W.
02-12-2013, 06:22 PM
Im sure i can see a couple of ambers on there as well???

Another week could do it for ya....:supersmile:

rudnez
02-12-2013, 06:24 PM
i hear you bro, i just harvested and it was hard to really tell for a first time grower. i harvested when i had around 40% amber, 60% cloudy. your ladies are awesome, great grow. peace :rasta:

Rahstah
02-12-2013, 06:28 PM
Im sure i can see a couple of ambers on there as well???

Another week could do it for ya....:supersmile:

That's what I was thinking about a week!:rasta2:I'm so antsy now! It's probably a good thing I can't possibly harvest for another week. It'll force me to wait!!!! I was hoping for fatter buds but man these smell so good I really don't care.

SanibelGreen
02-12-2013, 06:50 PM
Kinda medicated at the moment thought that was a spider mite nightmare for a second! Phew.

SG

Rahstah
02-12-2013, 06:54 PM
Kinda medicated at the moment thought that was a spider mite nightmare for a second! Phew.

SG

No thank God it is not!!! I bombed the shit out of my basement and home defensed the crap out of any potential opening and every where in the area.

SanibelGreen
02-12-2013, 06:57 PM
No thank God it is not!!! I bombed the shit out of my basement and home defensed the crap out of any potential opening and every where in the area.

God I can only wish I had a basement....

SG

Mountain Dro
02-12-2013, 09:49 PM
Keep an eye on the trichs brother. You're flushing for at least a week before harvest. If you need to let her run a little longer to finish up, she'll be fine. She's very healthy and has plenty of leaf matter to eat while you wait on the trichs.

MD

Rahstah
02-12-2013, 10:00 PM
Keep an eye on the trichs brother. You're flushing for at least a week before harvest. If you need to let her run a little longer to finish up, she'll be fine. She's very healthy and has plenty of leaf matter to eat while you wait on the trichs.

MD

Thanks for the feedback Dro! That's good to know and reassuring! I've been try to check the trichs both night and day now.

Rahstah
02-13-2013, 01:27 PM
Day 61:

Quick update. I just wanted to show some more amber trich shots and how the A.C. flowers have packed on some weight.
First up the trich shots. These were taken from a site closest to the lights.

Lots more amber up top I guess.

Here I wanted to show how the weight oh a cola has taken a cola sideways.
Me propping it up.
She's intoxicating and intoxicated!
And the BR baby maintaining til the AC goes. I almost wish I could take her down this week end but it looks like it may have to be Tuesday and not the 22nd as I had hoped.

cocoJoe
02-13-2013, 01:37 PM
Rastah my friend ,, that is getting amber!! :blink:

Peace,,
coco

Rahstah
02-13-2013, 01:41 PM
Rastah my friend ,, that is getting amber!! :blink:

Peace,,
coco

I know. you go one bud over and it's got no amber. maddening!!!!

The Dawg
02-13-2013, 02:01 PM
Patience My Brother Will Reward You With Some Exellent Bud :hug:

Rahstah
02-13-2013, 02:05 PM
I felt it necessary to run down to the cab and snip another sugar leaf to show how another perspective. The last three were the underside of the first more amber one. So here's one from another nice bud site but mostly cloudy.

So, when I went to go get this cutting I decided to just drain the rez of the A.C. and start flushing. If the plant still needs to eat it can tap it's leaves for nutes here on out!

Babs215
02-13-2013, 05:39 PM
Hey I read somewhere that the THC is at its peak at 90% cloudy 10% amber. Depending on the high ur lookin for or your patients chop anytime lol! I would give her a few more days tho

cocoJoe
02-13-2013, 05:52 PM
Hey I read somewhere that the THC is at its peak at 90% cloudy 10% amber. Depending on the high ur lookin for or your patients chop anytime lol! I would give her a few more days tho

Yeppers!!! And 10% will leave you a 'lil jump & jive.. :smoker:

Peace,,
coco

Rahstah
02-13-2013, 06:08 PM

Yeppers!!! And 10% will leave you a 'lil jump & jive.. :smoker:

Peace,,
coco

Thanks guys! I'm gonna let them at least flush for a couple days regardless. Already having gone to straight water and clearex. I have a spin trimmer coming, I believe, today. I like a little bit of both. I need a couchlock more than I need a daytime. I can always harvest the NLxBB to be a bit more up when it's ready. So I can afford to let this one to get a bit more amber. Once this one goes then the Berry gets a chance to take off!

12N12
02-14-2013, 12:19 AM
I have a question neil. I popped all my auto's and they sprouted about 2 inches and started growing the first 2 leaves. They are very tiny and now there curling down and inword. I took the 400 mh light down and put them under a t5 instead.

Are my seedling dieing??

Rahstah
02-14-2013, 12:28 AM
I have a question neil. I popped all my auto's and they sprouted about 2 inches and started growing the first 2 leaves. They are very tiny and now there curling down and inword. I took the 400 mh light down and put them under a t5 instead.

Are my seedling dieing??
I'm not Neil but do you have any pics?

Rahstah
02-14-2013, 03:30 AM
Some nightly trich shot updates. from right side back of the A.C. (in hindsight I should've been noting where I was taking these from and taking a picture)

Mountain Dro
02-14-2013, 02:18 PM
Looks like she'll finish up well at around a week of flushing if that's the underside of a leaf and not a main cola. Keep up the great grow brother!

MD

N.W.
02-14-2013, 09:55 PM

Are my seedling dieing??

LOL... wrong thread brother... But as im passing through, what you are describing does sound like heat stress(without seeing them)and you did the right thing to switch the light for now...
I've done the same thing myself... I had 5 Blue Himalya Diesels curl up and the tips started to brown... I pulled the light up high and they soon bounced back....

Rahstah
02-15-2013, 03:24 AM
My trimmer arrived! Looks like it's gonna get a tryout next week!

That kitty was way too inquisitive considering he literally got his balls cutoff earlier this morning. And now he wants to come mess with a bud trimmer?! Stoopid Kat!!!

Rahstah
02-15-2013, 03:48 AM
Evening trichs shots 62.

These are always different leaves from post to post but the same leaf is in each pic within a post.

SanibelGreen
02-15-2013, 04:05 AM
Thats the kinda ratio I like :)

SG

Rahstah
02-15-2013, 04:13 AM
Thats the kinda ratio I like :)

SG

I'd love to take it now but I have to wait til tuesday which will mark day 67 from seedling.

SanibelGreen
02-15-2013, 04:18 AM
I'd love to take it now but I have to wait til tuesday which will mark day 67 from seedling.

Lol I hear ya, however I saw that you just got that trimmer, just cut base buds off the branch and fill it 3/4 and game over 5 spins each way and perfecto 1 hr of trimming done in 2 minutes. However the trim its produces like mulch is simply amazing for bubble hash or making butter like I sometimes do. Prob dont need to tell ya I am just excited to see what you think going from trimming to the trimmer.From 4-5 hours to 30 min max.

SG

Rahstah
02-15-2013, 04:37 AM
Lol I hear ya, however I saw that you just got that trimmer, just cut base buds off the branch and fill it 3/4 and game over 5 spins each way and perfecto 1 hr of trimming done in 2 minutes. However the trim its produces like mulch is simply amazing for bubble hash or making butter like I sometimes do. Prob dont need to tell ya I am just excited to see what you think going from trimming to the trimmer.From 4-5 hours to 30 min max.

SG

yeah I was just asking 12 how to use it exactly. he told me to hand trim colas and spin the rest. I'll either do butter or bubble again maybe both maybe wait til next plant is done... Anyway I wanted it for the speed aspect. I gotta be stealth as can be and need to do thinks quicker than the average person. It's all for me anyway so I don't care about bag appeal....I appreciate you chiming in. BTW trimmer was $175 delivered and it's solid.

SanibelGreen
02-15-2013, 02:13 PM
I bought mine when it was brand new on the market lol, 400$ made out of steel though lol indestructable! I dont even trim buds man just drop it in there off the stalk leaves and all, that way u use everything and at the end I throw all the other leaves in and grind them down. Alsohery nice with a good drill :) at least mine is.

SG

Rahstah
02-15-2013, 11:18 PM
I got the following email today:

Unfortunately Delicious Cheese Candy Automatic is not yet available from the breeder due to its status as a new strain. If you would like, we can hold your order until this strain is available later in the month.
Alternatively we can refund the price of that strain and ship the rest of your order. We can also substitute a different seed of similar value if you would like to choose one from our site.

Please let us know how you wish to proceed in response to this email.

The Single Seed Centre

so maybe their webmaster messed up and made it "in stock" accidentally? Im gonna just wait it out. I'm in no rush. Just thought I'd share. This may also why, when I looked, it wasn't on Attitude. CHEESExCARAMELOxAUTO sounds tasty. Anybody grow the photo cheese candy?

I just got an email confirming that my order finally shipped. Cheese candy Automatic by delicious is now available for sale at single seed center.

Babs215
02-15-2013, 11:23 PM
How in the heck does that thing even trim something.... ?!? Im not seeing how it works or something ?

TheGreens
02-15-2013, 11:27 PM
I had to look it up too! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps64fDTZssA

Rahstah
02-15-2013, 11:44 PM
How in the heck does that thing even trim something.... ?!? Im not seeing how it works or something ?

I had to look it up too! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps64fDTZssA

Ha ha! There is a blade right under the stainless steel grid. The silicone fingers roll the buds. As the leaves hang through the grid the blade slices em off and holds the trim and goodness in the steel bowl below for hash or butter or whatever you wanna make.

Rahstah
02-16-2013, 03:59 AM
The trimmer I got is getting low balled to $140

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spin-Trimmer-Clear-Top-Hydroponics-silicone-Hand-leaf-Trimmer-16-INCH-SALES-/261119355926?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ccbed2c16

This deal wasn't there when I bought mine. I'll let y'all know how it works very soon.

I plan to chop the plant, spin the buds, put them in paper bags, and then to either tupperware for a few weeks for curing or straight to their jars for the same. I think it will be easier for me if they are in a tupperware container or two at first rather than popping a lot of jars.

SanibelGreen
02-16-2013, 04:25 AM
What I do is put them in a rack then everything in a gallon back then burp is 3-4 times a day to redo moisture everywhere then keep redoing it until it is just right. I will say that it dries WAY quicker than normal method.

SG

Rahstah
02-16-2013, 04:34 AM
What I do is put them in a rack then everything in a gallon back then burp is 3-4 times a day to redo moisture everywhere then keep redoing it until it is just right. I will say that it dries WAY quicker than normal method.

SG

I have a rack. But to keep it stealth I gotta do the bags for the dry. I have shredded paperbag to keep buds from going flat on one side for the bottom of the bag.

SanibelGreen
02-16-2013, 04:39 AM
True, sounds good though, you will love it.

SG

Rahstah
02-16-2013, 06:24 PM
2x Auto - Hijack Automatic - Feminized for 9.11 each
2x Delicious - Cheese Candy Automatic - Feminized for 10.49 each

Highly anticipating the arrival of these 4 seeds!

Rahstah
02-16-2013, 07:47 PM
A.C. trich shots for today. looks like some leaves turning purple ;) ha!

Nbbeerguy
02-16-2013, 08:21 PM
Getting close !!!