PDA

View Full Version : NEW, NEW, Oxyponics, NEW, NEW

Roseman
10-06-2010, 04:52 PM
In the Suggestions for Stealth Hydro Thread here, the owner of SH, Mr Stealth Hydro posted the following:

Our new hydroponics system... the Oxyponics 4-Planter is also based on growing with bubbles; only difference being... it does it on a "steriodally-induced" level. Using the Micro-Pore and the Sunleaves High Volume DuraPump Air together creates a nutrient/water/air rich bath in which roots explode. The roots are literally suspended in a wash of bubbles rushing to the surface.

The Micro-Pore helps create a much smaller bubble and also features a 3/8" inlet (as well as an adaptor with the std. 1/4" inlet for regular airline). The bigger inlet allows us to push much higher volumes of air through the Micro-Pore using a bigger 3/8" ID tube.

The basic goal of an Oxyponics system is injecting a minimum of one gallon of air for every gallon of reservoir water, directly under and surrounding the root ball, every 60 seconds.

The black Oxyponic 4-planter system is using a 950 gallon per hour pump and therefore can be used with up to 15.8 gallons of water.

So about... I'm guessing here ... maybe 2-3 years ago... Roseman was telling me how he used to remove his plants from his Bubbleponics system via the lid and hang them between two chairs so that the roots could dangle downward, fully exposed to nothing but air.

Roseman did this for up to 25-30 minutes at a time before returning the plants to the system. He reported amazing results everytime he performed this root "air out". Like... sudden perk ups, and exceptional bursts of growth.

I must admit, I was a little skeptical at first, however, a lot of what he was saying made sense in theory. So I tested the technique and sure enough, Roseman was onto something.

It got me thinking... how to build a system that would create this effect 24x7... and after some over complicated brain farts I came back to the roots of DWC with a twist. And... Oxyponics was born! Bubblehead inspired!

Roseman
10-06-2010, 04:54 PM
http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/images/oxy1.jpg

This revolutionary system provides optimum growth for all types of plants. The large air pump moves an astounding 950 gallons per hour of air through a micro-pore air stone. This results in a mega-aerated solution that ensures maximum oxygen exchange at the root site. You will not believe the amount of micro bubbles this system produces. The large 18 gallon reservoir and six inch net pots provide plenty of room for even the largest plants. Dimensions: 21"W x 22"L x 19"H.

Roseman
10-06-2010, 04:57 PM
http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/images/oxy2.jpg

Like a DWC on Steroids!

http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/images/oxystone_run.jpg

http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/images/oxy3.jpg

http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/images/oxy4_1.jpg

Roseman
10-06-2010, 05:02 PM
This kit is designed especially for growing clones, sprouts or seedlings. It does not come with the irrigation hub and feeder tubes, so that a seed can be started in the system.
But it is an option!

Also available is the Oxyponics vegetate growth irrigation system. This incorporates direct root feeding to each net pot, eliminating the need to top feed young plants in this Oxyponics grow system. The irrigation system consists of a nutrient pump, irrigation manifold, and feed tubing. We highly recommend this accessory for those wishing to have a planter that is fully automated from seed to harvest.

The new Oxyponics kit is $199.95. Add $28 for the Irrigation System.

The Bandit
10-06-2010, 05:06 PM
I saw this system the other day while browsing SH and I thought " If I do bubbles, that's the one!"

Roseman
10-06-2010, 05:13 PM
I saw this system the other day while browsing SH and I thought " If I do bubbles, that's the one!"

Like a DWC on Steroids!

ol hippy
10-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Don't you think it would have been better if they gave you a little more room between the netpot holes ? I haven't been able to let more than 2 plants grow in the 6 plant res, its just not roomy enough.When I've had 4 or more plants in a standard res , they have way too crowded and half or more of the plant just goes dormant ! It looks like a great setup but I think they need a larger tub !

Roseman
10-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Don't you think it would have been better if they gave you a little more room between the netpot holes ? I haven't been able to let more than 2 plants grow in the 6 plant res, its just not roomy enough.When I've had 4 or more plants in a standard res , they have way too crowded and half or more of the plant just goes dormant ! It looks like a great setup but I think they need a larger tub !

Did you see the dimensions? You are using a 8 or ten gallon tote. That is 18 gallon size.

Roseman
10-06-2010, 05:24 PM
I've seen JonnyBtreed grow trees, 4, 5 and 6 trees, I mean 6 to 8 feet all, in one small tank.
I had 6 plants over 40 inches tall in one tank, and harvested 4 female plants from one tank that were over 4 feet tall.

ol hippy
10-06-2010, 05:36 PM
I'll be damned !! I just measured my ol SH tank and it is much smaller !! Its 19x 14 x 12 high ! Maybe have to give this guy another look ! Thanks Rosy , I've been having problems keeping my plants from falling over I think the holes are loosening up a bit esp the ones in my 5 gal buckets , from lifting the lid with the plant to check and add water ...I think I may look into an ebb and flo !? easier to change water ...any info or tips on this ...

MostlyCrazy
10-06-2010, 05:59 PM
I have to tape down my netpots early on everytime I grow or at some point they are going to fall over.

upperpd
10-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Thats the one i want fer xmas

ol hippy
10-06-2010, 06:09 PM
MC, I've been using 5 gal buckets for my tent grow , and have a hell of a time checking water and adding nutes. Have you ever tried a ebb and flo system ? Maybe keeping the res out of the tent would be easier to mess with the res ..changing water etc ...I hate to change but I need something more accessable and easier to play with..another rainey day here ..no bike ride again .. boreing ..I almost look forward to my next job whenever that comes up ..the only thing I have to look forward totoday is a dentist apointment !!

The Bandit
10-06-2010, 06:24 PM
I also really like this system from SH
http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/product.php?xProd=463&xSec=63

decisions, decisions wink

Green007
10-06-2010, 07:10 PM
I've been thinking about buying the new Air Diffuser, the dual 10". Do you guys think there is a minimum size for the air pump to use these? I mean, could I use my existing pump and just replace the stones with the Air Diffuser with out having to buy a new bigger air pump???

StealthHydro
10-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Oxyponics is all about DWC submerged airflow. We're bathing the roots in air; just like Roseman did.

Two key ingredients to get:

Big ass airpump (http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/product.php?xProd=452&xSec=70): You need one gal of airflow per minute for every gallon of water. Or, more than that! OxyX5!

Nice ass airstone (http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/product.php?xProd=441): Smaller bubbles, hence more air!

You can make your own Oxyponics system much cheaper than the price of ours; plus you can also convert your existing Bubbleponics system to use a Oxyponics aeration system.

Roseman
10-06-2010, 07:23 PM
I'll be damned !! I just measured my ol SH tank and it is much smaller !! Its 19x 14 x 12 high ! Maybe have to give this guy another look ! Thanks Rosy , I've been having problems keeping my plants from falling over I think the holes are loosening up a bit esp the ones in my 5 gal buckets , from lifting the lid with the plant to check and add water ...I think I may look into an ebb and flo !? easier to change water ...any info or tips on this ...

EASIER is not always BEST.

I can start a seed in my BP, and you can't in Ebb and Flow. The BIG MAIN Difference is that first two or 3 weeks, you can get that inch a day growth in a BP system.

FPF and THEANSWER are experts on the Ebb and Flow systems. Ask them, I don't know.

Roseman
10-06-2010, 07:25 PM

After the first 3 or 4 grows in my tanks(I still use my very first one I ever bought) I learned to wrap duct tape around the upper part of the grow cup , to hold it in the hole, in place.

Roseman
10-06-2010, 07:26 PM
I also really like this system from SH
http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/product.php?xProd=463&xSec=63

decisions, decisions wink

http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/images/Aero6front.jpg

Roseman
10-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Oxyponics is all about DWC submerged airflow. We're bathing the roots in air; just like Roseman did.

Big ass airpump (http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/product.php?xProd=452&xSec=70): You need one gal of airflow per minute for every gallon of water. Or, more than that! OxyX5!

Nice ass airstone (http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/product.php?xProd=441): Smaller bubbles, hence more air!

You can make your own Oxyponics system much cheaper than the price of ours; plus you can also convert your existing Bubbleponics system to use a Oxyponics aeration system.

I'll be testing that and adding it ,the larger pump and disfusser, to my BP system.

MostlyCrazy
10-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Yes, I did a homemade e&f using 4" vinyl fenceposts. Plants didn't grow to my satisfaction. Could never get the on/off cycle right and there wasn't enough room for big roots which limited plant size. Could have been my inexperience but at least I tried.

scaredeecat
10-06-2010, 07:42 PM
very interesting

The Bandit
10-06-2010, 07:52 PM
MC, I've been using 5 gal buckets for my tent grow , and have a hell of a time checking water and adding nutes. Have you ever tried a ebb and flo system ? Maybe keeping the res out of the tent would be easier to mess with the res ..changing water etc ...I hate to change but I need something more accessable and easier to play with..another rainey day here ..no bike ride again .. boreing ..I almost look forward to my next job whenever that comes up ..the only thing I have to look forward totoday is a dentist apointment !!

Go ahead and start an ebb n flo thread in the hydro forum OH. We can go into detail there and not let that info get lost or covered up in this Oxyponic/SH thread.
a big key in any hydro set up is to plan out every aspect of the operation and rate things as priorities as to how you want it to operate.
Some peeps dont care about how difficult a rez change is and people like you and me consider it a big factor in what kind of system we run.
There's a plethora of other factors for me in what system I choose but for now I'll focus on those pita rez changes.
The best thing that helps me for any type of system is pumps, pumps, and more pumps. I use pumps for moving all of my water, fresh or waste. In the past I used buckets to drain a used up rez but now I've installed a waste water line in my grow room. I just plug the drain pump into the line and the used solution pumps out to some trees in my yard thru buried tubing.

The key to a low maintence bucket system is having an outboard rez.
Connect all of the buckets together and to an auxillary rez outside of the tent if possible. Control your water levels with that rez and drain the system using a pump thru that rez. That way you dont mess with the buckets at all.
A circulation kit makes the auxillary rez even more effective by maintaining consistent ph & ppm levels throughout the system and also allows the grower to use ice bottles to cool the solution if needed.

The Bandit
10-06-2010, 07:56 PM

Hey Rose do you know if it's possible for me to just buy the aero chambers w/ the plumbing and w/out the rez & pump?
I've been wanting to build a small aero system just like that but I cant find vinyl fence posts here. If i could buy those things preplumbed and drilled i would be down with that. Might be more expensive than diy but it would also be less work for me in making the thing

Roseman
10-06-2010, 07:59 PM
Hey Rose do you know if it's possible for me to just buy the aero chambers w/ the plumbing and w/out the rez & pump?
I've been wanting to build a small aero system just like that but I cant find vinyl fence posts here. If i could buy those things preplumbed and drilled i would be down with that. Might be more expensive than diy but it would also be less work for me in making the thing

I don't know, ask Stealth Hydro the member here. I would guess it would only be about $20 cheaper tho.

Have you seen this one?

http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/shopimages/products/normal/aero12_full.gif

Have you seen fyyingPanFlyer's that he built. Calls it THE BEAST.

rj4267
10-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Hm...more toys. I too had a problem keeping my plants up. Duct tape, cardboard in the side they were leaning, string from the top of the tent to the plants, etc. I had them in veg for longer than I should of for the setup. lol, i think the Brainstorm was close to 6'. I couldn't resist though, I mean come on, I figured, lets see how big these girls can get.
This time I started flowering at about 18" for the biggest ones. we'll see how that works out. I'm very interested in this setup though.

Roseman
10-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Hm...more toys. I too had a problem keeping my plants up. Duct tape, cardboard in the side they were leaning, string from the top of the tent to the plants, etc. I had them in veg for longer than I should of for the setup. lol, i think the Brainstorm was close to 6'. I couldn't resist though, I mean come on, I figured, lets see how big these girls can get.
This time I started flowering at about 18" for the biggest ones. we'll see how that works out. I'm very interested in this setup though.

I once saw a BP system, in a shower stall in a home bathroom, with the ceiling cut out and it had the LIGHTS in the attic, shining on 4 ten foot Sativas.

And please look at JonnyBtreed's. He has had 4 6 footers in a tank. You do need some kind of support, the walls of a closet work for my 6 footers, or a grow tent, or some framing made from wood or tubes or pvc pipes.

ol hippy
10-06-2010, 08:27 PM
Thanks guys a lot of good info here ...Bandit, I will start an ebb and flo thread in that sec...:peace sign: :hippy:

The Bandit
10-06-2010, 08:29 PM
I don't know, ask Stealth Hydro the member here. I would guess it would only be about $20 cheaper tho.

Have you seen this one?

http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/shopimages/products/normal/aero12_full.gif

Have you seen fyyingPanFlyer's that he built. Calls it THE BEAST.

Yeah I saw that too. I like what FPF runs but that thing is massive! I dont need a Beast! Maybe just a little growler for me! Something small to bloom left over clones that dont make the cut for the main garden but I dont want to toss out. Rasta

StealthHydro
10-06-2010, 08:38 PM

That is a fine idea; and one we're working on. We'll be selling all the parts and PVC/post fittings that would be required to build your own aero setup. We'll have the post sections pre-plumbed, ready to be connected. It's been an on-going project, but we'll ramp it up a bit. I'll be letting y'all know.

ol hippy
10-06-2010, 08:55 PM
Now theres a good sponsor !! Thats how to run a business !! I'll be doing all my shopping there ...

Roseman
10-06-2010, 09:03 PM
I just love this forum site.:woohoo:
I love the members here! :smiles:
I love Bubbleponics.:thumb:
I love Stealth Hydroponics!
I love Martin Wigget! bravo
I love everyone and everything that has anything to do with this site and Stealth Hydro and Bubbleponics! Rasta

I am happy, I am having fun and this is just a great day to be here!
:blunt:
Happy, Happy, Happy!

ol hippy
10-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Hmmm It looks like someones in a good mood today !:smiles::smiles::smiles::peace:

Roseman
10-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Hmmm It looks like someones in a good mood today !:smiles::smiles::smiles::peace:

:amen:

Friend, you have no idea how much this old dog has been kicked around on these grow sites. I was as nice and friendly, and polite and civil and helpful as any man could possibly be over at the first site (the roll it site) and some jealous, power-hungry, faded mod banned me there for no good reason at all!

I knocked the dust off my feet and moved my Tutorial to a new and what appeared to be civil site and look what happened! And someone please tell me what did I do wrong there to be treated like we were treated?

But God saw my plight and woes and heard my prayer!
Now look at me, and look at us!

Our Very own site! The Promised Land!
The Lord of Righting All Wrongs stepped in and spoke to Stealth Hydro and look where we are now!

Our Very own site! The Promised Land!

Happy? Brothers and sisters, I am in heaven! I am with my friends and with people who know me well and whom I know well. I am in love! I am ecstatic ! I am very happy! VERY VERY VERY Happy!

I have a wonderful home, a wonderful family, a great business, and now this forum site. (Thank you Brother Martin)

I am buying pest strips this week to hang in my spare bed room.

I ordered seeds last week, a WW/N/L blend and a WW/ICE Blend.

I am ordering T-5s this week.

I still have 4 oz of stash, and about 8 grams of hash and 6 ounces of trim leaves in the freezer from last year still to sift!

Happy? i'm a friend of God's! How awesome is that!

I am so very happy!

ol hippy
10-06-2010, 09:28 PM
You know Roseman It really great to just know you ! I've read a few of your posts and have to admit they brought a tear to my eye .Not like when I read the news kind ! Your a hell of a guy Roseman and if I ever take my cross the country stoned cruise I'd love to stop by and share a joint with you ...take it easy now don't be picken on junk food ..just take the Mrs. out for a nice dinner for two ...

The Bandit
10-06-2010, 09:33 PM
This one's for you Rosey! I consider this a blessing from the Almighty!

http://forum.bubbleponics.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2634&d=1286396857

Roseman
10-13-2010, 08:50 PM
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/forum/smileyvault-bump.gif

Bumpity Bump, Bump!

pitbudz87
10-19-2010, 11:46 PM
i definatly want this system for my clones rosemasn could you pm me the site or the price or how i can get it.

Theanswerto1984is1776
10-20-2010, 12:16 AM
That's a Stealth Hydro piece, take a look in the aero section on there site.

C5Rftw
10-20-2010, 04:24 AM
That's a Stealth Hydro piece, take a look in the aero section on there site.

So with the Oxyponics, they just copied my setup? lol, just kiddin

C5Rftw
10-20-2010, 04:26 AM

http://forum.bubbleponics.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2634&d=1286396857

Damn, I bet that would be some tasty smoke.

Green007
10-20-2010, 04:46 AM

Thankyou sir,
So to upgrade my bubbleponics system (10gal) I can get the 600gph pump and I can use it with one Dual XL 10" difussor???

i definatly want this system for my clones rosemasn could you pm me the site or the price or how i can get it.

Here's the link Click Me (http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/product.php?xProd=463&xSec=63)

pitbudz87
10-20-2010, 09:32 AM
i beleive im buying this within the next few weeks

scaredeecat
10-20-2010, 10:57 AM

is that lizard in the house

Roseman
10-20-2010, 03:45 PM
The lizzard pic is awesome!

Green007
10-20-2010, 04:14 PM
That's so cool El :bandit:-o

chronicdis
10-20-2010, 04:18 PM
letting nature protect nature, sounds like a great defense!

Roseman
10-20-2010, 04:28 PM
I live far from any town or city and often see deer, possums, racoons, rabbits, squirrels, armadillos, turkeys, and all sorts of birds and other animals. I even saw a beaver crossing the road a year ago. Everytime I get to see a wild animal like that, I count it as a blessing from God. Many folks don't get to see what we get to see, living out in the country like we do.

Green007
10-20-2010, 04:44 PM
I like you more and more all the time :bandit:!
:peace: brother

Roseman
10-20-2010, 04:51 PM
You're blessed, Bandit. My wife puts out a quart of dried whole kernal corn, and a qt of dried cheap dog food in the back yard every night. We get to see some awesome sights, some unbelieveable. Like a fox and a racoon eating together.

SkinWins
10-22-2010, 12:18 AM
this year for my g/f's birthday i got her property certified as a monarch butterfly waystation because she loves the butterflys lol. were in the national registry and she has a nice brass plaque. it's nice we get a ton of them stopping on there way to mexico

budbuddy
10-22-2010, 04:12 PM
Roseman: I look forward to your oxyponics grow. Can you do a side-by-side comparison grow with bubbleponics and soil? That would benefit the product and consumers.

The Bandit
10-22-2010, 04:30 PM
this year for my g/f's birthday i got her property certified as a monarch butterfly waystation because she loves the butterflys lol. were in the national registry and she has a nice brass plaque. it's nice we get a ton of them stopping on there way to mexico

This one's for you and your girl SW!
I planted this Vitex tree because it has 5 point leaves and conical flowers just like mj. Excellent camo. But it also just happens to be a great buffet restaurant for the monarch during their migration. Would'nt it be funny if the same butterflies that visit my yard were the same that visited yours?
Imagine all the pot patches these guys must encounter. I bet they know by now if they find some weed that thye're more than likely to find other tastey flowers in the same spot. lol

http://forum.bubbleponics.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4626&d=1287760820

Roseman
10-22-2010, 04:36 PM
Roseman: I look forward to your oxyponics grow. Can you do a side-by-side comparison grow with bubbleponics and soil? That would benefit the product and consumers.

Sorry to disapoint, but I will not be doing a real oxyponics grow, just a normal simple Bubbleponics Grow.
AND
I might could plant a few seeds in some soil, at the same time I start mine in Bubleponics, to show the difference in speed of growth.

SkinWins
10-22-2010, 04:47 PM
ty bandit, very nice

budbuddy
10-22-2010, 05:39 PM
Sorry to disapoint, but I will not be doing a real oxyponics grow, just a normal simple Bubbleponics Grow.
AND
I might could plant a few seeds in some soil, at the same time I start mine in Bubleponics, to show the difference in speed of growth.

Awesome. I've seen the difference myself and am going to do soil and SH at the same time. I might start a journal but have never done one before. I'll compare growth with you. I germed 5 Northern Lights and 5 free seeds of unknown origin that Marijuana - Seeds . N L sent with my NL order. The 5 free in soil have popped but so far only 1 NL in Rockwool. I'm expecting a shipment of supplies from Stealth Hydro any day now and can't wait to get the Bubbleponics system up and running again.

I'm using fluorescent tubes and CFL's 24/7 to veg and will supplement flower with a 250 watt HPS.

mrpotatohead
10-23-2010, 06:34 PM
Nice butterflies! I have 3 huge butterfly bushes in my yard that attract dozens throughtout the day throughout the whole summer. Beautiful!

mrpotatohead
10-23-2010, 06:35 PM
I like this oxy setuo but my only concern is the same that was posted by someone else. Its the room that the plants 4 plants will have.

StealthHydro
10-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Bear in mind that the Oxyponics kit comes with 6 inch pots, not 3.75s like the Bubbleponics and the reservoir size is significantly larger. That said, not all the sites need to be used and, furthermore, this is one system that we sell that is not cheap. It would be a lot more cost efficient for you to build your own customized Oxyponics system by just buying the right pump, airstone and airline for less than $100.

One of my local customers built one out of a 57 gallon reservoir for ONE plant under FOUR 600 watt HPS lights. It's part of an experiment to see how much he can harvest off a single indoor plant. I guess this is what retired people do whe they get bored :wink:

SkinWins
10-24-2010, 04:08 PM
Stealth ty for being a active part of this forum and congrats on your 1 year anniversary. We would love you out here in so cal. Also ty for the open support, it's very refreshing to be able to talk to you not only about your great products but to also be able to talk to you about our diy projects. I'm currently building a 4 tub oxy set up with 2 plants per tub and a separate res. fun fun fun

StealthHydro
10-24-2010, 04:26 PM
Stealth ty for being a active part of this forum and congrats on your 1 year anniversary. We would love you out here in so cal. Also ty for the open support, it's very refreshing to be able to talk to you not only about your great products but to also be able to talk to you about our diy projects. I'm currently building a 4 tub oxy set up with 2 plants per tub and a separate res. fun fun fun

Just keeping it real SW. Some folks just like to build their own stuff. We'd be foolish to not try to facilitate that portion of the market. It's also the DIY guys 'n gals that tend to help us improve our designs.

I regard it as a great privilege being able to converse with our customer base and get realtime feedback.

SkinWins
10-24-2010, 04:44 PM
lol i'm such the builder of things that i have been know to spend twice as much and take twice the time then just buying it. but it's a curse i can't shake lol. thanks for all your support

mrpotatohead
10-27-2010, 02:36 AM
yea since when do companies encourage you to DIY! I didnt take those 6" pots into consideration.

Roseman
10-27-2010, 04:48 PM
I like this oxy setuo but my only concern is the same that was posted by someone else. Its the room that the plants 4 plants will have.

Man, I have posted pics here of 4 plants in one tank, all got 48 to 54 inches tall.

I have seen growers grow 4 Sativas in one tank so tall, they had to cut a hole in the roof for them.
And Jonnybetreed, a Mod here, has pics to show you of 4 TREES in one tank.
The normal regular sized BP tank is what I am talking about. Oxyponics has larger grow cups for better support, but the BP uses 3.75 inch cups and that is what I, Jonnybetreed and all the BubbleHeads have used. I am going to PM Jonny, and ask him to post his tree pics here. And I'll see if I can find any of mine.

I've heard this for 4 years and it is a fallacy. I've had 6 giant plants, all 33 to 40 inches tall, in one tank, 2 or 3 being males that I had to later remove.

Trust me, I have no reason to mislead you. Please come back here again tomorrow and I'll get ya some pics here as proof.

Roseman
10-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Be careful, SH, posting in grow forums can become addictive.

pitbudz87
10-27-2010, 05:16 PM
hahahahaha yes sh that it can lmao and im stoked about this new product i am definatly getting it the weekend after next and stoked to get it under my lights on tha way i am plannin on runnin 2 clones a site

Roseman
10-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Let me show ya some of my pics.
This grow gave me over a pound of dried very closely manicured buds, from two tanks and one 5 gallon bucket.

http://forum.bubbleponics.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3767

http://forum.bubbleponics.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=3783

http://forum.bubbleponics.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4213

http://forum.bubbleponics.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4192

Roseman
10-27-2010, 05:19 PM
http://forum.bubbleponics.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4307

http://forum.bubbleponics.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4165

http://forum.bubbleponics.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4306

Roseman
10-27-2010, 05:19 PM
http://forum.bubbleponics.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4303

http://forum.bubbleponics.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4166

http://forum.bubbleponics.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4316

Roseman
10-27-2010, 05:21 PM
some of those plants were 56 inches tall at harvest.

I got some pics of Jonnybtreeds, somewhere, let me go find them. You know they are awesome when a grower saves pics of someone else's grow.

Olias
10-27-2010, 05:26 PM
:loveweed: I Remember Well:

Roseman
10-27-2010, 05:26 PM
http://forum.bubbleponics.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4338

http://forum.bubbleponics.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4340

http://forum.bubbleponics.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4334

http://forum.bubbleponics.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4339

http://forum.bubbleponics.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4333

These are Jonnybtreed's plants.

What MORE does anyone want from an 8 gallon tank using a 3 inch cup???

URS010
10-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Looking Good Roseman! Me Likey! May have to get one just to try! LOVE all those supplemental CFL's! Looks like the friggin' bells of Saint Mary's in there!:sweet:

SkinWins
10-27-2010, 07:14 PM
lol rm, that one bud was 1/2 the total weight of the grow, she was a beast. looks great

SkinWins
10-27-2010, 07:16 PM
jonnyb that is just crazy how much you stuffed in there

Jonny
10-27-2010, 07:17 PM
Here's as of ten minutes ago....

http://forum.bubbleponics.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5162

SkinWins
10-27-2010, 07:18 PM
that is just amazing, so nice, great job

Jonny
10-27-2010, 07:19 PM
that is just amazing, so nice, great job

jonnyb that is just crazy how much you stuffed in there

lol, thanks man

ROBBIE313
10-27-2010, 07:22 PM
damn itz filling up in there jonnyb,lookin great bro

Jonny
10-27-2010, 07:29 PM
Thanks you Robbie, yeah hopefully I'll be set for a little while... Its only two plants,and thats the least i've ever done....

Olias
10-27-2010, 08:41 PM
Awesome

Roseman
10-27-2010, 08:47 PM
and MrPotatoHead is concerned that the tank is not big enough!

Green007
10-27-2010, 10:10 PM
Thanks for putting up those pics Rose and Johnny! I know the truth, now everyone can see it.

The proof is in the puddin' :coolsmoker:

URS010
10-27-2010, 11:48 PM
MMMMMM.... I want some puddin'!:loveweed:

SkinWins
10-27-2010, 11:54 PM
pudddddinggggggg brb lol

mrpotatohead
10-28-2010, 05:48 AM
Roseman, No I believe it, I have seen your pictures and know what you say to be true. Perhaps I should have been more specific. What I meant to ask is do you think that because it is so crowded that the light will penetrate enough and as to yield. Would you have gotten more yield if you had less plants. I don't know if that makes any more sense.I am a newbie so I aint trying to challenge anyones opinion. Regardless I am going to get that system.

Roseman
10-28-2010, 03:24 PM
Roseman, No I believe it, I have seen your pictures and know what you say to be true. Perhaps I should have been more specific. What I meant to ask is do you think that because it is so crowded that the light will penetrate enough and as to yield. Would you have gotten more yield if you had less plants. I don't know if that makes any more sense.I am a newbie so I aint trying to challenge anyones opinion. Regardless I am going to get that system.

Over the past 4 years, I have seen debate after debate, many argeuements and many discussions, and many grows documented with pics, and after seeing all of that, I still am not positive if fewer plants spread out yield more buds than more plants jammed together. Most of the arguements are about sea of green grows, and short VEG cycles on crowded plants.

I have come to the conclusion, that for myself, from 8 grows, same VEG and BLOOM times, that MORE PLANTS crowded into one tank will yield more buds, more colas, more popcorn buds, than less plants in one tank or one small closet.
In other words,
4 females in one tank, WILL yield more than two plants in the same tank.
In other words,
3 plants in one 5 gallon bucket will yeild more buds than one or 2 plants in the same bucket.
In other words,
4 plants in 4 sq ft will yield more than 2 plants in the same 4 sq ft.

That comes from my experiences and trials.

rj4267
10-28-2010, 05:36 PM
The debate will continue because every grow is different and each strain has it's own charactoristics.
It's like the old hydro grows faster than soil debate. For some growers and strains that may be true but for other growers it is not the case. I've done soil grows that blew the doors off a hydro grow as far as speed, yield, & quality of harvest.

It all depends on how the science is applied.

With the bubble tanks my first thought when looking at them is go small and use a true SOG.
This means using four tanks with six plants in each tank.
The timing of the tanks would be set at two week intervals to cover an 8 week time frame.
You would have a preflower/transition tank, two heavy bloom tanks, and one ripening tank.
Every two weeks 6 plants would be chopped. It would be an assembly line of cannabis.
Of course this also means that a seperate veg & cloning station would need to be deployed so actually there would be five tanks total + a cloning machine.

Remember that when grown correctly to max potential, 6 two foot tall plants from clone will have the same if not better yield than 2 six foot plants, especially indoors. The reason why the yield has a chance to be better with smaller plants is because the entire plant will be developed with fuller & thicker buds becuase it was able to use the provided lighting more efficiently. Popcorn, fuzzy fluff and all that stuff is eliminated and replaced with solid nuggets.
Clones are used in sog to have a smaller plant yet still be mature and to establish consistency in the garden. The sog will work much better when every plant is nearly identical

Going with a four tank sog and using an average of 1oz per plant at harvest would mean 6oz pulled every two weeks, 12 oz per month, 144oz per year. That's an annual haul of just over 5 lbs in a garden that would be no bigger than 5'x5' not including the veg space which would be in the 3'x3' range.

Now this sog plan is based on Dutch commercial garden applications. The goal of the sog is production to meet commercial demands.
If the grower is just looking for a decent personal stash of several oz evry couple months then the sog is probably too much and growing 3-4 five foot plants will do the job. Plus with the way US prohibition laws are drawn up, even a small sog is a felony because of the number of plants that are in play

:bandit:

Does that mean this isn't OK? lol

The Bandit
10-28-2010, 05:44 PM
Does that mean this isn't OK? lol

lol! As thin as those plants are they should have two or three per bucket or at least pack them in closer and fit more plants in there.

Multi million $ grow..... I dont think so. Maybe several grand but there's nothing there that's gonna make somebody a millionare lol

rj4267
10-28-2010, 05:48 PM
yeah, but the story was interesting.

http://ssqq.com/archive/vinlin19.htm

The Bandit
10-28-2010, 05:50 PM
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4153/949img1049tx7.jpg

Here's a commercial sog done right.

EDIT: Check it out! Are those bubble buckets?!!!!

rj4267
10-28-2010, 05:54 PM
I don't mind giving up the space for the tv, couch etc for that :)

The Bandit
10-28-2010, 05:57 PM
lol! I think you give up the whole house for something like that! I dont think I could live in a home with a garden of that size. I would be a nervous wreck worrying about thieves & feds lol

StealthHydro
10-28-2010, 06:41 PM
I really think anyone would have a hard time arguing against SOG as being the most efficient method of growing cannabis buds. GH made their Aeroflo aeroponics systems using SOG methodology as the primary philosophy and inspiration of the design.

SOG became the mainstream method of production in the '80s and early '90s. Ed Rosenthal was (I think) was the first person the document the method in his original version of "Closet Cultivator". SOG began to loose popularity due to the nature of prohibition laws (as previously noted by Bandit) that persecute plant numbers regardless of the weight and size of the plant. Unless it suits the prosecutor, in which case plants over 1kg are entered with their true weight and anything under a kilo was just "rounded up" to be counted as if it weighed a kilogram, even if was just a little clone with barely any roots.

This emphasis in the law lead to the use of larger and fewer plants, usually, keeping small/medium sized indoor gardens under 20 plants. Under 20 plants is a 4 year felony and over 20 is a 15 year felony; or something like that. The laws also led to the invention of SCROG ("Screen Of Green"), an ingenious extension of SOG.

I understand there are variances in production with certain varieties of cannabis, however, SOG has been proven to be the best method to produce the most yield in the shortest possible time for the vast majority of MJ strains.

Here is the theory behind SOG...

Ultimately, when generalizing, one can deduce that yields, for the most part, are determined by the amount of light provided (assuming all other factors are controlled correctly). In fact, if one grows the identical variety in two different gardens with one of those gardens having twice the amount of light as the other, one can predict with relative certainty that the garden with the more light will produce significantly more bud than the other garden.

Light, more than any other factor involved with indoor gardening, is the most effective element that one can change with the specific intent of altering yield. It would be safe to say that yield is directly proportional to the amount of light provided. I would go as far as to say that one should be able to yield very similar quantities in a specific garden regardless of plant numbers; i.e. if you grew two plants under a 400 watt light and then, in another grow, you put six plants (same strain) in the same setup, both harvests would be similar in quantity. The difference would be that the six plant grow would not have needed as much veg time as the two plant grow.

SOG is so effective because it takes the available light and spreads it over the maximum amount of plants possible. This leads to fulfilling the yield potential of the light/strain combination in the shortest period of time. If you think about it the mathematical logic becomes very apparent.

When the laws finally change and there are no longer restrictions, or better "common sense" regulations wrt plant numbers SOG will be the most popular method of growing indoors, or any grow setup for that matter which is subject to space limitations.

The Bandit
10-28-2010, 07:59 PM
So, my 8,400 lumens/ sf is a pretty good start?

lol... FPF, while most people are cooking with gas you're cooking with rocket fuel!

StealthHydro
10-28-2010, 08:12 PM
I get invited to inspect, and sometimes photograph, indoor grow operations from time to time.

In the photos below is an AeroFlo2 60 with a 60-site extension in operation. Four 1000W HPS lights were used. Each site was being used on the main unit and about 80% full on the extension; roughly 4 plants per square foot.

The emphasis here is growing colas. IMHO, this person had vegged them a wee bit too long; the plants were a knick over 36 inches at harvest, I would have gone for a mature height of about 24 inches.

AeroFlo2 60 with 60 site AeroFlo2 Extension:

http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/images/MedMJ/AerFlo2-60.jpg

http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/images/MedMJ/AerFlo2-60_pic2.jpg

And one of many very impressive White Rhito Colas also produced via SOG:

http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/images/MedMJ/Rhino_cola.jpg

And yes, I realized after the fact that my white balance accidentally got knocked to the incorrect setting resulting in the predominant "blueness" in the pics.

Roseman
10-28-2010, 08:20 PM
Wow, Nirvana really does exist!

Olias
10-28-2010, 08:28 PM
:surprised: Holy Crap

MostlyCrazy
10-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Another fine example of the possibilties. Inspiration for those so inclined and horse choking colas!

The Bandit
10-28-2010, 09:05 PM
I get invited to inspect, and sometimes photograph, indoor grow operations from time to time.

In the photos below is an AeroFlo2 60 with a 60-site extension in operation. Four 1000W HPS lights were used. Each site was being used on the main unit and about 80% full on the extension; roughly 4 plants per square foot.

The emphasis here is growing colas. IMHO, this person had vegged them a wee bit too long; the plants were a knick over 36 inches at harvest, I would have gone for a mature height of about 24 inches.

AeroFlo2 60 with 60 site AeroFlo2 Extension:

http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/images/MedMJ/AerFlo2-60.jpg

http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/images/MedMJ/AerFlo2-60_pic2.jpg

And one of many very impressive White Rhito Colas also produced via SOG:

http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/images/MedMJ/Rhino_cola.jpg

And yes, I realized after the fact that my white balance accidentally got knocked to the incorrect setting resulting in the predominant "blueness" in the pics.

That makes me want this http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/images/Aero6front.jpg or this http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/shopimages/products/normal/aero12_full.gifeven more now!!!:loveweed:

rj4267
10-28-2010, 09:27 PM
you have me thinking about it too. Wow.

Shotgun_16ga
10-28-2010, 10:05 PM
What do you mean by White Balance?

Roseman
10-28-2010, 10:47 PM
What do you mean by White Balance?

Camera settings.

SkinWins
10-28-2010, 10:57 PM
now u are getting me to reconsider my thoughts of 2 plants per tub to at least 3

The Bandit
10-28-2010, 11:48 PM
Wow FPF I just calculated mine at 5730 and i thought I had some juice! I bet your buds are dense as baseballs!
:eagle:

rj4267
10-29-2010, 12:06 AM
It still has a lot to do with genetic apparently. My AK/Cherry Lime were real loose buds, but the White Russian and Durban Poison were both very dense. A qp of the AK/CL almost filled a gallon baggie where as the WR is only half full.

It's funny, but I can't stop watching that eagle fly in your post, almost like real life, I watch every hawk I see, there isn't anything more amazing than watching a big bird work the wind to go where he wants, truly an art-form.

Cherry lime buds? please share. seed info i mean, i have never seen anything like that and well, i want some :) I will check the seed sites. IS it as good as it sounds?

WildAbbie
10-31-2010, 12:07 AM
Those micro-pore air stones with a commercial pump look like an awesome combo. But if the stones use 3/8" connectors, where does one get an 3/8" adapter so you can run, say, 4 stones?

SkinWins
10-31-2010, 12:08 AM
the bigger pumps come with that out let

GaladrielDreams
10-31-2010, 01:09 AM
Oops, sorry it took so long.

This is a strain my old partner picked up for our last grow. I's a cross between AK-47 and I'm not sure. It was very sativa, grew like crazy, a good producer but way too big for my grow setup. It has a real nice Cherry Lime taste, ask Galadriel, she loved it!

Sorry I can't do any better. I wasn't happy growing it in my space so I didn't take any cuttings. I almost wish I had now.

Oh yea, it tasted just like Cherry Lime Sprite!!! It was AWESOME!!! Nice uppy sativa high. Meaning it takes care of my pain issues and gives me an energy boost to go and clean my house... (I like getting a sativa buzz before cleaning, gets me into details and makes the time fly).

My AK is Very Indica like, I have fan leave blades bigger than two thumbs put together. She's a beast too. I started her out from a 2 inch clone and she's a monster at 4 weeks... I have to LST and supercrop her to keep her in check with the other girls in my grow.

I have some seeds from that AK Cherry Lime, I plan on popping a few in soil to see what they crossed with in your room. You have all good stuff so it should be some killer smoke!!!

StealthHydro
10-31-2010, 02:35 AM
Those micro-pore air stones with a commercial pump look like an awesome combo. But if the stones use 3/8" connectors, where does one get an 3/8" adapter so you can run, say, 4 stones?

The Micro-Pore airstones include two adaptors that allow for connecting to both 3/8" or regular airline (approximate 1/4"). I hope that helps address your concern.

C5Rftw
10-31-2010, 07:27 PM
Yeah I use the same one and I can tell you SH, I will be ordering more! Just the best air stone money can buy. You tired of corroding airstones? Get the Micro-Pore. You tired of low out-put? get the Micro-Pore. You only wanna run one air stone? Get the Micro-pore. These seems like they will last longer than the airpump and since I was having to replace my airstones every grow, and sometimes in the middle of the grow, and now I dont have to worry about it. The bigger air pump really helps it too when before, it would just blow out the cheap airstones fast. I highly recommend this and if you get it, you will not be sorry

Theanswerto1984is1776
11-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Well I just cashed in my gift certificate and spent a little extra!! I got the XL Micro Pore airstone and I already have the high volume pump, so I can make my own Oxyponics setup for this next grow. I can't wait!

I also picked up some Advanced Nutrients Iguana Juice Organic Nutes. I really wanted to do an all organic grow and also wanted to try AN, so hopefully it will be a good experience!

Roseman
11-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Congratulations, TheAnswer.

pitbudz87
11-03-2010, 07:00 PM
i am saving up for it and am almost there wish i culd do a layaway lol but my brother works in a cabinet shop and is going to build me a cab for it i already have the deminsions so im stoked now i gotta get tha lights sh do you carry a 400 watt hps and cooltube

StealthHydro
11-04-2010, 03:35 PM
i am saving up for it and am almost there wish i culd do a layaway lol but my brother works in a cabinet shop and is going to build me a cab for it i already have the deminsions so im stoked now i gotta get tha lights sh do you carry a 400 watt hps and cooltube

Yep, we have a 400 watt switchable combo deal with cool tube (approx. 24 inches x 6" diameter) that runs around 300 bucks (kit includes both MH & HPS bulbs too). With the BH discount you'll get it for around $255.

400W Switchable Light System (http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/product.php?xProd=24&xSec=41)

http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/shopimages/products/normal/430W_Cool_Star_Light_Kit_normal.jpg

FYI; Please note that our cool tube features a white reflector, not the silver one pictured.

Roseman
11-04-2010, 03:51 PM

they have a WISH LIST there.

pitbudz87
11-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Sweet how does the wish list work and sh ill definatly be ordering my cooltube and lights from you no more driving 3 hrs for me lol. I love this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LonghornFan
11-26-2010, 09:36 PM
Hey Ol Hippy!!! Not sure if you ever found anything to help you out here, but I use a 4" toilet flange and set my 3.75" netpot inside that. When my plants get big, the toilet flange helps keep the netpot from falling over and it has a wide flange on the top to keep centered on the bucket lid. If you got any questions, fire me a message!!

hanshisan
12-02-2010, 05:04 PM
Yep, we have a 400 watt switchable combo deal with cool tube (approx. 24 inches x 6" diameter) that runs around 300 bucks (kit includes both MH & HPS bulbs too). With the BH discount you'll get it for around $255.

400W Switchable Light System (http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/product.php?xProd=24&xSec=41)

http://www.stealthhydroponics.com/shopimages/products/normal/430W_Cool_Star_Light_Kit_normal.jpg

FYI; Please note that our cool tube features a white reflector, not the silver one pictured.

I want this cool tube (would like a silver reflector but its not that big a deal actually) BUT want it with the 600/400w Nextgen ballast!! get paid by the 8th and it goes quick!!!

jimr22
12-03-2010, 12:47 AM
sorry complete noob poster here...

how much louder is the Sunleaves Durapump airpump that is included with the oxyponic system? is it as stealthy in noise levels as a smaller air pump? does it sound like an engine running constantly? can a person get away with running this in a closet? without drawing much attention?

i only ask because i know some air pumps can get quite loud

mrpotatohead
12-03-2010, 01:04 AM
jimr22- i understand it is quiet. But there are ways to muffle the humming. I am ordering the sunleaves 950 pump tommorrow with the micro pore air stone.

MostlyCrazy
12-03-2010, 05:14 AM
That baby ought just blast the res with air. I'm running a 600 pump and it's the most bubbles I've ever had for a grow.

StealthHydro
12-03-2010, 01:47 PM
I wish I could tell you that the 950 gph air pump is quiet, however, it is not. It sound like a small Mac truck running in your closet. It will require significant muffling to get it to "stealthy" levels.