PDA

View Full Version : 4 Flavors 336w LED & 400w HPS & Advanced Nute PH Perfect in soil

Pages : [1] 2

Kyron
05-31-2012, 11:11 PM
Here are my 4 ladys... Tahoe OG, Catatonic, Tangerine Dream, and Super Lemon Haze in Air Pots and Ocean Forest soil.

I am running the new lensed Hydrogrowled 336 and at the moment 400w HPS but I have a CMH coming. Anysuggestions on which bulb to use for veging?

Stoney
06-01-2012, 02:08 AM
lookin good Kyron, i'm subbed to see the show, looks like a got a front row seat to!!!!

it looks like you have all the right supplies for some huge buds!!!!

Mrs. DF
06-01-2012, 02:42 AM
Ohhh - Looks like I'm in front with Stoney :popcorn: YUM :yahoo: DF and I use T-5 for the veg girls, but that's just our preference. This is going to fun :goodluck: Peace :hippy:

Warshade
06-01-2012, 02:46 AM
I got a front row seat as well! :cheeky::raver2::leaf:

doggmaan80
06-01-2012, 03:27 AM
:dancin:coooool im subbed.....

Bandit420
06-01-2012, 04:26 AM
cool set up Kyron!!!

Mr. Shinbee
06-01-2012, 04:33 AM
Can't miss this sweet soil grow now can I?
I'm in :jointsmile:

Kyron
06-01-2012, 11:18 PM
I think there is something wrong with my sup lemon haze, the leaves look mal formed :(

Stoney
06-01-2012, 11:29 PM
I think there is something wrong with my sup lemon haze, the leaves look mal formed :(

lets see a pic kyron, maybe it's just fast growth or ph related...

Kyron
06-02-2012, 06:51 PM
Strange half leaf

Stoney
06-02-2012, 08:19 PM
IMO it really looks like a ph problem... but aren't you using FFOF soil? that is ph neutral so that shouldn't be it.... you aren't by chance using that ph down acid in the background of the photo, are you?

Kyron
06-02-2012, 08:39 PM
im ph'ing to 6.3

It was really slow to sprout and the leaves were twisted.. I think its just a bad seed, but we will see if it gets better.

Stoney
06-02-2012, 08:55 PM
im ph'ing to 6.3

It was really slow to sprout and the leaves were twisted.. I think its just a bad seed, but we will see if it gets better.

i feel you should stop using that ph down.... that soil will have what it needs to make the ph perfect for itself. that ph down is just an acid that is screwing with the soil.

what is the ph of your water before you lower it? what type of water do you have? (city, well, bottle)

us soil growers want the ph at around 6.5. hydro growers around 5.8. mine is around 6.8 when i use it.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd361/stoneyluv2/lockoutchart.jpg

Mr. Shinbee
06-03-2012, 03:11 AM
I agree you don't need to add ph down.

Mrs. DF
06-03-2012, 03:25 AM
Listen to the guys here, my friend - Don't give up on her yet - she might look "kinda odd" right now :confused: but she still looks healthy to me! Peace :goodluck:

Kyron
06-03-2012, 05:06 AM
Using Tap water right now and its about 7.8 out of the tap so I bring it down to 6.3. The PH perfect is not working so well at 1/4th strength with tap water.

I think its just a bad seed as all my other ladys are happy and health.

patanjali
06-03-2012, 05:14 AM
Using Tap water right now and its about 7.8 out of the tap so I bring it down to 6.3. The PH perfect is not working so well at 1/4th strength with tap water.

I think its just a bad seed as all my other ladys are happy and health.

I'm agreeing with the majority, quit the ph down.That stuff is really bad for the microbiology of your soil. Get some distilled water and flush that little girl well! Myself, and a lot of people on this site, rate Super Lemon very highly. Don't give up on her just yet!

Love the soil grows, can't wait to see how this one progresses!

:peace:

MountainHigh
06-03-2012, 07:22 AM
Ocean Forest is sometimes too hot for sensitive babies...and unfortunately...Super Lemon Haze is a sensitive baby. She grows out of her sensitively later, but as a youngling, she likes mild nutes and mild soil to start, or that is my experience. :rasta2:

Subbing for this grow. Should be fun. Looks like you have a great setup.

:passthebone:

Kyron
06-05-2012, 12:59 AM
What is wrong with my Tahoe OG, the leaves are curling down?

Kyron
06-05-2012, 01:02 AM
I actually started all the seeds in Scotts lite soil with the bottom 25% as Ocean Forest. On the other hand I did use a movie light that I think puts out a lot of UV and I might have damaged the starting leaves on the SLH as it seems to be growing normal new leaves.

Mr. Shinbee
06-05-2012, 07:01 AM
to me it looks like a combination of rams horns, to much nitrogen, and to much water. Can you increase the amount of light to it for a day or 2? Thats what I would do but I'm no expert. She looks good for being droopy though.

Stoney
06-05-2012, 07:03 AM
if you have UV or IR leds on your panel, i would cover them up with tape for a week and see what happens. there is fine line between the correct frequency needed and what actually shines from them. what brand lights do you have? is it the same ones fed had that were recalled? he was told by the mfg to cover his diodes that they found out it was the wrong diodes. it would be worth the try IMO....

Rahstah
06-05-2012, 03:25 PM
glad to catch your grow in its early stages. Looking forward to peeping this. I'll be watching for sure. I hope you can overcome those early problems but I'm sure everything will fall into place and you'll be fine!

Kyron
06-05-2012, 04:13 PM
Its a Hydrogrowled Penetrator 336x and 400w HPS. No IR or UV in the LED panel. I did use a movie light which I think does have UV but I stopped using it and probly why the Sup Lem haz had deformed leaves as it was just a new born.

Warshade
06-05-2012, 05:02 PM
if you have UV or IR leds on your panel, i would cover them up with tape for a week and see what happens. there is fine line between the correct frequency needed and what actually shines from them. what brand lights do you have? is it the same ones fed had that were recalled? he was told by the mfg to cover his diodes that they found out it was the wrong diodes. it would be worth the try IMO....
What lights did Fed have? I'm asking because my DS100 lights have IR & UV LEDs in them. Just curious.

Kyron
06-06-2012, 03:20 AM
Seems like its perking up, but for some reason the leaves feel stiff and not supple.

Mr. Shinbee
06-07-2012, 04:05 AM
As long as it's perking up I'm pretty sure she'll grow out of it. Are there any new leaves forming yet? How do they look?

Kyron
06-07-2012, 04:26 AM
I think it was just thirsty, its in the smallest air pot and it must be drinking much quicker now. I think the gnats are killing the bottom leaves or something else going on :(
You can see some roots popping out of the tall one.
The third pic is of the SLH with the deformed leaf.. I think that movie lights uv fried it as the new growth looks ok

Any thoughts?

Kyron
06-07-2012, 04:33 AM
A better angle ;) Any clue what the yellow spots are?

Kyron
06-09-2012, 03:28 AM

So the tall one was started on 5/13 and the rest on 5/23. Does there growth look like where they should be at this point in time?

Just added stockings to try to cut off the fungus gnats from water and escape, hoping they work as I hate them bastards.

Stoney
06-09-2012, 03:40 AM
that's a cool idea!!

Kyron
06-10-2012, 04:17 AM
Stoney, someone on the boards recommend it and I have not seen a gnat since, even shook the container under the light.. cause those little buggers go invisible with any dark background. So I got my fingers crossed that this is the holy grail for air pot soil growing. I lost a whole plant not knowing what was going on, but I still vaped it but it was not horrid.

Oh I also noticed that you can vape fresh cut and still get your meds, might not be optimal but its an option if you cant wait for the dry-cure... I don't think you could smoke it at that point, but vape is good.

Gave the girls a foyer spray, found a pump up spray bottle at HDepot for $7. First test of it I did not put enough water and did not pump it enough so it sprayed drops. Then I Half filled and pumped like Arnold, now it sprays a nice mist so Im glad I played with it. Had 1ml of B52 and the Sensi ab to 1L of distilled. Hoping this gives them a mini feeding in between weekly feeding. What is a good time interval between uses? I believe I got the food at 25% strength and 50% for the B Vitamins ( I figured a bit more vitamin would be good and not harmful but let me know if I should cut it back. I assume if it gets too much food the tips will turn neon yellow?)

Oh also turn the 336x to full strength, removed the florescent flood light and wrapped the space with reflective bubble foam insulation. This seems to have really pumped up the light levels. I might have to rethink this set up as its pretty jerry rigged since some not so nice men took my secret jardin.

So far I have to say that I like my set up vs a tent. Since I have reflective foam board I can box in the space with more reflective material closer.

I hated having to step over the bottom lip and the confined space of a 4x4. Then there was the issue of the zipper. That was the weak link, It got caught a few times and since its an industrial size zipper it was a real bitch to work loose with tools.. which is a real pain in the ass. So jerry rigged it is.

I am now wondering if I should set up a flood and drain table to water these air pots. It seems people feel you cant over water with these pots. So if this is all on timers I can save a lot of hefting to flood them vs. dunking in a bucket.. but what would be a good time interval between flooding? every 4 hrs? And I would bet that every time it drains it would let the pots draw in lots of air... Kinda like bubbleponics without the bubbles? eh? But I would still put an airstone in the main tank for the expected boost of hi o2 water that gets to the roots ;) Might this be worthy of investigation? If you get it right you should be able to go away for a week and your good to go. And all the flavor of soil to boot! Tasty buds that could grow near hydro speed.. I wonder how close you could get to hydro grow speed with air pots and lots of testing. What if.... You could beat hydroponic speed... what is faster than hydropoinc? Hyperponic? AeroPonic? If the world does not end soon I would like to look into running some tests.

Lots to ponder. would be nice if I made a rotating table to let both the led and hps to be fully spread but the plants get time with each. I wonder if you spin it fast enough if you would get a synergistic growth effect because the different wave lengths would be hitting the leaf quick enough for it combine and maybe activate more photosynth or better photosynth for plant growth. I would love to use a Solar tube sky light, I don't think it would be all that bright compared to a powered light, But I would bet that the full spectrum from the sun would add more to growth than what it would read on a meter in isolation.

But if you had one with a tracking head, it would be the holy grail of grow lights. I would guess you could get 90% of full sun light with a professional design. So that leaves the question of how efficient can a first time design get compared to the 90% target. If you figure out the right flood schedule and have synergistic growth with real sun light as well as being useable for elderly growers to have a low maintenance/effort grow.

Mrs. DF
06-10-2012, 04:36 AM
LOL I'm absolutely no help at all; just very happy you finally got rid of those gnats!!!! :hippy: The only thing I remember is about making sure the ph is okay :goodluck: I just hope all is going good! :hug: Peace

Kyron
06-10-2012, 04:46 AM
Forgot to mention that I clipped the top of the Tahoe.

Here are some pix of the foam insulation in action and you can see how tight you can make it. I should make a top to bounce the light back in and make some way to pin down that front piece from leaking to the floor.

Kyron
06-10-2012, 04:52 PM
Seems like I have some issues. One plant looks all swirled up ( too much light? too hot?) the tall one has the yellow leaves... Any advice would be much welcome.

I had my 400w hps about 12 in away but maybe that was too close for young plants? I raised it a couple in, but what is a good distance for that size light?

I just feed them with ppm at 850 ppm and the water was 160 ppm to start with. Ph 6.33

Stoney
06-10-2012, 07:14 PM
man i was just about to type out this happy message than i just saw your last post. man, they look like separate issues but they may have to much light.... they kinda look shocked like my other plants do when i first put them out in the sun. I hope they cheer up for ya quick!!!

those sunlight tubes are cool!!! i remember seeing those a couple years ago... do they make ones now with sun tracking features? or would that be a DIY project? i grow in my basement, but for attic growers they would be very cool!!!!!

and yea man, the vape on fresh buds is the way to go!!!! I like that fresh off the plant taste in a vape bag!!!! plus the head high is soaring!!!!!! i think i may steal a small nug of my nypd from the plant tonight and try it out!!!! thanks for the reminder!!!!!!!

i really like your idea about watering the airpots. not having to manually water them would save a lot of time!!! i have been dunking mine lately, i put water or mix my nutes in a bucket and dip them in the bucket a few times and then set them on the drip tray. it kinda helps water the outside of the soil plus it is very fast!!!

but your idea would make it even easier.... it would take ya little to get the timing down, but not that difficult. it would definitely save ya in time in the long run!!!!!!!

the best of luck with your droopy girls.... I hope they turn around quick for ya!!!!!

Kyron
06-10-2012, 11:05 PM
Hi Stoney, I turned off the HPS, Im hoping I can get it to stretch cause there is some crazy undergrowth happening on the busy ones. I think 12 inches from the hps was too much.

The tracker would be a DIY, but I was interested in how efficient it is as is. If ya combined that with some fiber optics you should be able to run that into a basement ;)

I actually got some buckets to do a bubbleponic grow, but then deiced to do soil because I was having trouble finding the PH Perfect line. So Im now thinking of putting the air pot in the bubble bucket with hydroton beneath. That way I can just fill and drain the bucket, no fuss no muss and cheap. Just keep the bucket high enough off the floor to drain them.

I need to figure out a good way to use the same pump to drain and fill automatically, maybe have a float switch.. no experience with whats available for doing this.

But I just came up with what might be an amazing idea.. gonna see if I can put it together and test it out.

Kyron
06-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Question.. if I want to repot into bigger, what kind of soil should I get that has no food so I can go 100% Adv Nutes?

Kyron
06-11-2012, 11:49 PM
Did it grow all that because the light was too close? 28 days and you can see the roots are starting to pop.. so tempted to but it in a bubble bucket as is, but I don't want to kill it.

Kyron
06-12-2012, 12:15 AM
Oh and when I took the stocking off I found a couple of trapped gnats that got quickly squished after they started zipping around, so I would say this works 100% so far to keep the little buggers trapped. It also keeps any soil from dropping into the water when you dunk it.

cocoJoe
06-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Hi Kyron, subbed in!
Luv your 336, thanx for the show and share.

Peace to the patients,
cocoJoe

Mr. Shinbee
06-12-2012, 10:49 PM
Sorry man been out of town for a week.

Looks like you've got more than one issue.

How often are you watering and whats your room temerature, what is the temp right under your light and what is the ph of the solution your adding?

I doubt the hps light is causeing these probloms unless it's heat related I've had plants younger than yours less than 18 inches from a 1000 watt more than once with zero problems.

Kyron
06-13-2012, 01:49 AM
I have been dunking every 2-3 days. The room temp is about 75 and at plant level 81. PH of water is 6.3

Here is a question I have been debating, why cant I put this airpot into a bubble bucket? That should make it explode in growth... Has anyone done this? I could set up some sprayers under the basket to get the roots to drop and then I should be good to bubble?

Kyron
06-13-2012, 02:00 AM
Seems like they are doing better...

Warshade
06-13-2012, 02:02 AM
I'd say so too! Great news!! :cheer:

Mr. Shinbee
06-13-2012, 07:40 PM
I have been dunking every 2-3 days. The room temp is about 75 and at plant level 81. PH of water is 6.3

Here is a question I have been debating, why cant I put this airpot into a bubble bucket? That should make it explode in growth... Has anyone done this? I could set up some sprayers under the basket to get the roots to drop and then I should be good to bubble?

Do you know the ph of the soil runoff? How often do you leech the soil?
6.3 ph is kinda low for soil. You really want it closer to 6.8 unless your growing in coco but youjr using soil right, and I ask about leeching because accumulated salts can do some strange things to your plants.

You could do what your describing with coco and chunky prelite and sprayers (http://aeroponicsnmore.com/water-pumps-filters-irrigation-irrigation-tubing-fitting-c-8_33/aeroponic-spinner-sprinkler-360-degree-p-243) in a bubble tank with large net pots and coco liners. (http://aeroponicsnmore.com/water-pumps-filters-irrigation-irrigation-tubing-fitting-c-8_33/aeroponic-spinner-sprinkler-360-degree-p-243) The reason I wouldn't suggest doing it with soil is that soil nutes tend to do funny things when mixed into a soultion for long periods of time, so you'd have to use hydro nutrients and the ph levels are different for soil and hydro. Can you tell I've thought about the same thing lol.

Kyron
06-16-2012, 12:28 AM
I put two of the plants in the Red sized airpot. I got a Q sized panty hose to cover the bottom, but I need a bigger size to get it over the whole pot ( anyone know if there are bigger size panty hose?) so I used some breathable fabric to help control the gnats.

Not sure what happened to the lower leaves but the upper leaves are looking good so Im crossing my fingers that I am on track again.

It also looks like I did not pack the soil properly ( after going back and reading the instructions ) as the roots were not air pruning but running down the sides. So this time I packed the soil tight.

Kyron
06-16-2012, 12:32 AM
I was thinking of putting a brick at the bottom of a Ho Depot 5 gal bucket and putting each pot into a bucket on the brick. Then I can use a pump to fill and drain each bucket/pot without having to bend over and pick up each pot.

Found a $6 pump that connects to your drill but does not need to be submerged so I can easily use it on all buckets.

Kyron
06-18-2012, 10:44 PM
Hmmm

Stoney
06-18-2012, 11:03 PM
i like to use that soil for seedlings and young clones. it allows roots to pass through it with ease!!!

it kinda looks like they are getting better since you packed the soil in the containers better. are they getting all their micros and what not? maybe a few drops of superthrive or something like that would give them that pep they need....

cocoJoe
06-18-2012, 11:14 PM
It is effecting bottom leaves only? Yes?
That's almost always a lack nitrogen.
:goodluck:

Peace to the starving children,
cocoJoe

Kyron
06-18-2012, 11:40 PM
Just got off the phone with AN, they said to flush as it was over fed and has nute lock out since it is affecting the lower leaves, they are giving up their resources to keep the top alive.

I have my fingers crossed, he said they should bounce back in a week.

I have 2 seeds that just sprouted, so I am going to try my first bubble bucket grow, maybe I will have fewer problems without the soil.

Warshade
06-18-2012, 11:47 PM
Just got off the phone with AN, they said to flush as it was over fed and has nute lock out since it is affecting the lower leaves, they are giving up their resources to keep the top alive.

I have my fingers crossed, he said they should bounce back in a week.

I have 2 seeds that just sprouted, so I am going to try my first bubble bucket grow, maybe I will have fewer problems without the soil.So did they say to flush and only feed with water for that week then? or just flush and feed with a weaker solution for a while?

cocoJoe
06-19-2012, 12:10 AM

Bull shit, nutrient lockout effects all the leaves at the sametime.

Peace to the lied to,
cocoJoe

Mr. Shinbee
06-19-2012, 04:52 AM
It did kinda look like the whole plant was looking a little splotchy with yellow, could just be the photo though.

Kyron
06-19-2012, 05:47 AM
@warshade - Because I am using Ocean Forest, a "HOT" soil packed with a lot of nutes already, he said to wait 3-4 weeks before feeding again. Voodoo juice was the only thing he said I should use in that time.

@cocojoe - I don't have enough experince to say what it is, but it got much worse after the last feeding with 1/2 strength nutes vs. 1/4 strength. It makes sense to me that the lower leaves are giving up their essence to the new growth since the plant is locked out of nutes from the soil. But I am no expert and I have to trust that AN and all their research and experience would know about this. In fact he said that they have spoken to Fox Farm about the issue as it is not the first time they have seen it. He looked at the photos and there was no hesitation in the diagnosis, like he has seen it many times before. Not saying your wrong, just hoping he's right so I can get my babies back to healthy growth ;)

@MrShinbee - I am seeing some spots on the next level of leaves, but its not really pronounced yet.

Im hoping my first bubble grow goes easier. Im so tired of those fungus gnats! Im hoping I can get some clones to bubble before they croak if that is what is going to happen.

Mr. Shinbee
06-19-2012, 06:28 AM
@warshade - Because I am using Ocean Forest, a "HOT" soil packed with a lot of nutes already, he said to wait 3-4 weeks before feeding again. Voodoo juice was the only thing he said I should use in that time.

@cocojoe - I don't have enough experince to say what it is, but it got much worse after the last feeding with 1/2 strength nutes vs. 1/4 strength. It makes sense to me that the lower leaves are giving up their essence to the new growth since the plant is locked out of nutes from the soil. But I am no expert and I have to trust that AN and all their research and experience would know about this. In fact he said that they have spoken to Fox Farm about the issue as it is not the first time they have seen it. He looked at the photos and there was no hesitation in the diagnosis, like he has seen it many times before. Not saying your wrong, just hoping he's right so I can get my babies back to healthy growth ;)

@MrShinbee - I am seeing some spots on the next level of leaves, but its not really pronounced yet.

Im hoping my first bubble grow goes easier. Im so tired of those fungus gnats! Im hoping I can get some clones to bubble before they croak if that is what is going to happen.

I've heard from my hydro store guy that alot of people who get bugs in there grow use ocean forest. He said it's so popular that the manufacturer and distributors keep them outside or in open air warhouses on big ass pallets. Not sure how true it is but I have seen lots of soil grows that have bugs and not so much with coco and bubbles.

Since alot of the leaves are effected I'd agree it's lockout either do to salts building up or ph. Also I've heard that a little compost tea can fix almost anything in soil lol not sure how true that is either but I'm sure it can't hurt.

cocoJoe
06-19-2012, 02:27 PM
OK, I'm to fast with my mouth.
I see an over watered condition in the top of the plant and a mag def. in the lower leaves.
It can be lock out.

I use coco and that means I run the show.
Nothing in the media but what I have feed it.
It is never over watered and I never have nutrient issues other than lack of fertilizer, or the the need of cal/mag.
When I get a journal going I hope you can jump in for simplicity of coco growing.
If not for coco, I would bubble. Soil I've been there :slap:.
Sorry AN rep I was wrong.

Peace and love,
cocoJoe

Kyron
06-19-2012, 04:37 PM
So after rereading Rosemans Bubble tut, once the roots hit the water do you turn off the pump with the feeder tube?

I think this is the last time I use Ocean Forest and makes me kinda want to paint my airpots white so I can actually see the buggers, but if I switch to Bubbles I don't think I will have to deal with them again.

Kyron
06-19-2012, 11:21 PM
So I finally got around to setting up my first Bubble grow. Should I set up a new grow journal or just continue here?

I have a Short Stuff "Blue Diesel" bonus seed and another that I got labeled "Island skunk". I put both in 1 5 gal bucket. Adv Nutes Sensi grow + B52 + Voodoo Juice. 1/4 strength for babies.

I did not have net cups so I found something at Home dept that is very close, although it let some of the hydroton fall into the water ( is that an issue?). I tried to butt the feeder hose from underneath but there was no way of securing it so I went with a drip feed on top. These things are nice because you can adjust the flow and actually see how much is coming out vs. having no clue what is going on underneath.

For the fun of it, I put the bucket on a home made dolly, 4 small wheels and a half inch plywood base. I made the base slightly bigger so the stems of the wheels poke through and fit snug to the bucket.

It looks to me like the plant with the bird claws is starting to un-claw.. still have my fingers crossed that they recover.

cocoJoe
06-19-2012, 11:38 PM
Looking now I think it is a calcium problem not magnesium.
Love your 336x (pro?).

Peace to your plants,
cocoJoe

Mr. Shinbee
06-20-2012, 01:40 AM
DO whatever as far as your journal, but different people seem to frequent bubble grows though.
Your homemade system looks cool as hell too man!

619ster
06-20-2012, 02:09 AM
Just getting caught up. Nice setup! Bubbles look to be rockin' :rock: Sorry about your issues with soil. Hope they recover quickly for ya! Peace!

Kyron
06-20-2012, 02:20 AM
Cocojoe, all I know is sick plants don't grow fast ;) The 336x is not the pro, since Im doing it for personal use I figured I didn't need the extra power. In hind sight I should have gotten 2 of the half sized 180's. The 336 is heavy ~40 lbs so just getting it on the hangers by myself is a real pain. I thought I was going to stay 100% LED for all the obvious advantages but after seeing how a CMH bulb frosts up the buds, I picked one up, I never got anything like that with LED and 2 Lizard UV bulbs... of course that could have just been my lack of experience and not using the right nutes. So this will be the first grow to combine them, if I ever get my CMH bulb... sigh...

Shinbee, I just kinda found parts at Lowes like the adjustable drippers. I wish I had real net pots but I did not want to wait to order them. I might end up drilling holes in the lid to route the water instead of through the fake net pot.

I think if this bubble goes well I will buy an Oxygen generator and try it out to see if I get even faster growth... as if bubbling isn't fast enough as it is ;)

Another thing to try is using these fake net pots in a tall 4" PV pipe. This would force the bubbles into a very confined column so you end up with more air on the roots over many feet. I figure a 5ft tall pipe would speed up growth, but you would need tall ceilings to accommodate it. So if you combine the 02 + tall tube you should have about the most efficient set up that I could theoretically think of for bubbling.. but I'll have to run a test or 2 (evil grin) to see if my HighPotaSys (hypothesis) is correct ;'P Now burry that in the ground (that will keep the water temps lower) and add sunshine and that should be the Max you could grow imho. Anyone think I am on to something with these ideas?

Now if I got one of them Solar tubes and made it flush with the ground with only the dome showing.. would that not be stealth to boot? Add a solar cell and a battery and you could go off grid :) Man I miss being high :(

Oh the last thing Im gonna try, adding my signature to the buds so you can visibly see the graphic in the tric's

Kyron
06-20-2012, 02:27 AM
Hey thanks 619! I hope the bubbles go easier than the soil.. Just wish Adv Nutes wasn't so back logged on their PH perfect else I would have skipped the soil. But I guess if I get them stabilized I can use them as mothers or just flower them as I am looking to move out to OceanSide area next year. Any advice on moving to this area?

619ster
06-20-2012, 03:30 AM
Oceanside is nice. I'm about an hour south of there. Actually all of California is great IMO! AN is good base nutes. Aditives are mostly hyped up snake oils. I use Dyna Gro and have been trouble free since. Sounds like you'd be doing well had you started in coco instead of soil. Bubbles can be tricky if environment isn't dialed in. Summer coming too! Fair warning lol. Coco FTW :coolsmoker: kinda lost me on all the other stuff lol :confused:

Kyron
06-20-2012, 11:11 PM
If you look at the big plant in the back, that is the Tahoe that had been bird clawed since the beginning and now has its leaves lifted to the light.. so it's looking like its happy now after the flush. I topped the other tall plant (catatonic) yesterday and a look at the new bubble grow.

Warshade
06-21-2012, 12:11 AM
They are looking MUCH better!!

Kyron
06-21-2012, 12:34 AM
Tangerine dream still looking a little curled over but hopefully I'll be able to bring it back too

Kyron
06-21-2012, 12:40 AM
Is lemon juice better to use for pH down then using general hydro pH down

Stoney
06-21-2012, 01:34 AM
nice work man, they're improving nicely now!!!! they should look back to normal in a couple days.... great troubleshooting!!!!

I've used lemon juice and the ph climbed in about three days for me.... GH down would hold for over a week.

Mrs. DF
06-21-2012, 02:20 AM
You've been worrying way too much (and I sure as hell don't blame you) so now it's time to relax. :allgood: You've been getting a nice cross-section of advice, and when it comes to soil - well let's just say that's the easiest "for me" as we only use VF-11 and calmag+. They really are all starting to look a lot better, and it's great to see you got those babies going in the bubbles!!! :yahoo: Definitely watch out for the summer heat (loads of excellent bubbleheads here, so you shouldn't have any problems)! :goodluck: You're going to do just fine with getting those meds you've been waiting so long for! :loveweed: Keep up the great work and keep throwing those questions out here - Much love to you and the very best of luck :hug:

Mr. Shinbee
06-21-2012, 02:40 AM
Like I said last week you gotta leech that soil and get the salts out and ph up, I'm happy that it all worked out and you caught it in time before the damage became to much to fix.

Kyron
06-21-2012, 03:58 AM
Stoney- Things are looking up.. so glad I found this site, so many nice people to help! I was reading people did not like the Phosphoric acid for the microbs, so I was thinking that with soil the lemon juice would be better?

Mrs. DF- Yes very worried for my baby girls ;) Not worried about the heat as I have them in basement and actually enjoy being down there as its a good 10 degrees cooler and I hate the heat. I slipped a disk yesterday and could really use my meds, but I think I cracked it back in place but it still aches but at least the feeling of an ice pick in my spine is gone. I sure hope the Aqua girls grow fast cause soil is sooo slow.

Mr. Shinbee- yes the leeching seems to have helped. I still have the PH at 6.3 but I think I will raise it to 6.5 and see how things go for a week or two. I had a plant that the same thing happened to and it killed the buds. Still smoked it but it was not good ;p

Hopefully in another week or 2 I can get some clones and bubble them, I think as soon as I have the clones growing I can start flowering the soil.

Here is a k-9 question... can they smell seeds and how far away? Do they also smell bubble hash?

Mr. Shinbee
06-21-2012, 06:18 AM
If the dog can see you it can smell you! It may not know where you are right away but they'll pinpoint you for sure as soon as they get a wiff. If they've got Bloodhounds your F'd thats for sure, some people say if the wind is blowing the right way thier blood hounds can smell a pound of weed from over a kilometer away!

Warshade
06-21-2012, 06:29 AM
If the dog can see you it can smell you! It may not know where you are right away but they'll pinpoint you for sure as soon as they get a wiff. If they've got your Bloodhounds your F'd thats for sure, some people say thier blood hounds can smell a pound of weed from over a kilometer away!Yet they'll still sniff each other's butts...weird. :weedman::dog::sick:

Mr. Shinbee
06-22-2012, 03:21 AM
Yet they'll still sniff each other's butts...weird. :weedman::dog::sick:

HAHAHAHA so true.

They're trying to smell the anal glands inside of the rectum though, my guess is the over whelming smell of shit overpowers the comparative faint odor of the rectal glands so they really gotta get up in there.
Whats really gross is how closely the sense of smell and taste are related, they say you can't smell without tasting it and you can't taste something without smelling it. Dogs have about a 1/5 of the taste buds as humans but still it's pretty freakin gross.

What a strange subject to be discussing on a medical marijuana grow site lol.

Kyron
06-22-2012, 03:35 AM
So dogs can smell seeds? I wonder if encasing a vac sealed bag in a block of wax would fool the dog?

I just looked up the Short Stuff Blue Diesel, it turns out to be an Auto Flower. Since I have never grown one and I am pretty sure the other plant in the bubbles is not an auto.. do I need to do anything different? My understanding is that the Auto will flower on its own, but if I switch to 12/12 for the other plant does that effect the auto?

The leaves on the Tahoe are now nice and lifted. The Tangerine dream seems to be the most sensitive to the over feeding.. anyone have any experience with this strain? I was really looking forward to trying out this Cup winner, looks like its going to make it but its still showing a few new rust spots on higher leaves.

Looks like the CMH bulb will be here by monday. I was thinking of moving the 2 taller plants under the CMH and flowering them in another 2 weeks and starting another Tangerine Dream in its own 5 gal bucket under the 336x. any thoughts?

Rahstah
06-22-2012, 03:56 AM
I only have a friend who's grown that tangerine dream. he fought that plant every step of the way 1st time. might have been the pheno he got because it wasn't very good. his second go it was much better but he definitely didn't produce anything close to a cup winner out of it!! I got to smoke it so that's all I can really say about it.

Warshade
06-22-2012, 06:00 AM
HAHAHAHA so true. They're trying to smell the anal glands inside of the rectum though, my guess is the over whelming smell of shit overpowers the comparative faint odor of the rectal glands so they really gotta get up in there.Whats really gross is how closely the sense of smell and taste are related, they say you can't smell without tasting it and you can't taste something without smelling it. Dogs have about a 1/5 of the taste buds as humans but still it's pretty freakin gross.What a strange subject to be discussing on a medical marijuana grow site lol.lol...

http://youtu.be/h0i62GnQoo0

Mr. Shinbee
06-22-2012, 06:33 AM
Here is a k-9 question... can they smell seeds and how far away? Do they also smell bubble hash?

God,:slap: sorry dude I was wasted and read your post wrong I thought you wrote weed not seeds. No to my knowledge they don't train K-9's to detect cannabis seeds . Hash smells enough like cannabis though that they'll hit on it for sure!

Also just because you walk by a K-9 and it doesn't start freaking out doesn't mean it didn't hit on you, alot of times they show passive signals to thier handler, otherwise junkies and smugglers try and run, eat the narcotics or destroy them, they may even get violent and harm innocent civilians. With a silent tell the officer is able to plan the logistics of the bust and make the move with out giving anything away.In fact a lot of times at airports especially, people will walk right by a K-9 and think they got away with carrying drugs because the dog "didn't do anything" than about 20-30 minutes later, "Sir, will you come with us."

Kyron
06-22-2012, 11:45 PM
Looks like the root shooter is falling apart, Im guessing I should clean out any that gets into the water?

Mr. Shinbee
06-23-2012, 12:04 AM
Yeah just pick out anything that you can.Your 2 soil girls are looking like they're perking up.

Kyron
06-23-2012, 12:57 AM
The 2 in the back are getting healthy, the two small ones are still hurting.

Mr. Shinbee
06-23-2012, 01:39 AM
Some strains and phenos take a little longer to bounce back

Kyron
06-23-2012, 02:14 AM
No fair being wasted when I got none ;) Sucks I wasted a 4 day trip to CO to get meds to get ripped off! Some people deserve to burn in hell, but thats the way the thc crumbles.

Mr. Shinbee
06-23-2012, 03:19 AM
No fair being wasted when I got none ;) Sucks I wasted a 4 day trip to CO to get meds to get ripped off! Some people deserve to burn in hell, but thats the way the thc crumbles.

Think of it as increasing your good pot growers karma lol
I'm sure one day very soon you'll have more, better weed than they'll ever see!

Kyron
06-24-2012, 08:37 PM
Huston... we have a problem... Im hoping that it just needed some water. I was looking forward to the Tang Dream but I might have to start a new seed if it does not make it.

The Sup Lemon Haze is looking yellow at the top.. any clues?

The Tahoe and Cata are looking good now

And the Bubble girls seem to be doing well.. the PH of the water is like 6.5 and 78 degree's. I called AN and they said not to worry about the PH?!! I did turn off the pump as the water is much too warm for my liking. I think for the next batch I will avoid the pump and us a gravity feed to these drippers so no heat will build up in the tank.

Mrs. DF
06-25-2012, 03:05 AM
Just revived a plant like yours today - Water!!!!! :goodluck: Hopefully that's all your lady needs also! Some very nice girls you've got in there - Peace :hippy:

Kyron
06-25-2012, 06:43 PM
I don't think the Tang Dream is going to make it and the SLH is not looking good either.

cocoJoe
06-25-2012, 07:04 PM
:goodluck: with the ladies.

Peace to the sickly,
cocoJoe

Kyron
06-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Im thinking I might try the Tang dream in a bubble bucket here soon. Just waiting for light hangers. I think this strain needs much lower feeding ppm, one of the down falls of mixing one batch of water for all of them.

Im thinking of buying an oxygen generator and seeing how my 2 test bubble girls respond, if they like it, then I will give the O2 to the new Tang and hopefully get explosive growth ;')

Kyron
06-25-2012, 07:40 PM
By the way.. does anyone else see the devil pointing at himself and giving the finger to a little angle in the cloud formation in my profile pic? I seem to take a lot of these kind of pictures.

619ster
06-25-2012, 11:41 PM
Holy crap I do see that in your avatar that's freaky lol. You took that picture yourself huh? Always did find it interesting and wondered why that choice of avatar. Because you took it lol!!

Kyron
06-26-2012, 03:00 AM
And God, err UPS said let there be CMH light! I just hope it does not get too hot. I have the light about 20" from the nearest plants.. is that far enough? It's also off to the right side, one of the problems of the 336x is how big it is, but I really want to see how the plants respond to the mix of light. I kinda wish I got the 180x then I could hang both overhead together. But this also gives me the option to have a veg and flower light when I decide to flower.

The Tahoe is now at 14" and the Cata is 12" both have been topped and the Tahoe was started planted 5/13 vs 5/20.

619.. That's not the only freaky pic I have taken... Maybe I'm a psychic photographer or just have an eye for strange shapes that look like evil. I did tweak the colors and darkened parts to really bring out the form ( horns, fingers and mouth ). Freaky aye? I don't know what to believe, but it's like I have been getting messages about something evil and then I finally figured out what has been going on in the world and how dark forces have been leading us down a dark path towards a "1984" hell or worse the next holocaust.

So no one noticed that it was the devil?

So I put the SLH in a bigger air pot, I wonder looking at the roots if it should have been done a bit ago and maybe that is whats causing the issues.

I deiced to upgrade the paper plates with reflective foam board and bubble insulation hoping to keep the gnats down ( but did order neem oil just in case) and add some extra HP to the light. Im actually surprised at how much water is gone from the bubble girls, could they really drink 1/2 - 1 gal in a week? I had the water right under where the air line comes in. But I did notice that the grommet for the water level tube leaks if there is any movement of the tube so maybe it has a slow leak?

I checked the water and its at 6.7ph and 73.2 now. Im a little nervous about how high it is but I don't see any real issues yet, but one of the plants has some spots on the first set of leaves, but maybe thats because I used 1/4 nutes instead of plain water from the get go?

Mr. Shinbee
06-27-2012, 06:23 AM
By the way.. does anyone else see the devil pointing at himself and giving the finger to a little angle in the cloud formation in my profile pic? I seem to take a lot of these kind of pictures.

I see a goat and an old timey lady in a dress taking off a top hat lol

Those spots are from ph issues. Gotta get it down closer to 6.0
When your ladies really start going they're going to drink 1/2 gallon to a gallon EVERYDAY!

Kyron
06-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Just checked the water again.. Ph 6.66 ( cue erie music ) and 74 degrees. I guess that CMH is warming the water a bit. The spots are getting worse and I am seeing some dark spots on the roots. Its been about a week so I am going to change out the water and get that PH down.

Any clue what that dark spot on the far roots is?

Mr. Shinbee
06-27-2012, 09:37 PM
could be the line of nutrients your using staining the roots or it could be the beginning of algae in your res from heat and/or light getting into it. I gonna guess algae though, it's super easy to fix.

Do a res change and rinse your roots with h202 water *1/2 to 1 tsp a gallon h2o2*
wash everything off with h202 water,
get net pot covers, cover the lid and sides in waterproof duct tape, try and lower the res heat a little
and add some h2o2 or hygrozyme to your tank for a awhile and it'll clear up. :hookah:

Kyron
06-28-2012, 01:04 AM
Duh! I just did the res change without checking here first. I wiped out the bucket with a paper towel and filled with 3 gal Distilled and added nutes, Ph 5.9 and 74. I also raised the air pump so that the fan is now blowing on it ( which should cool down the air going in ).

I guess I can still take the plants out and rinse them in H2o2. How long to let them sit in H202 water?

Will adding H202 hurt the Voodoo juice "live stuff"

Warshade
06-28-2012, 01:41 AM
Duh! I just did the res change without checking here first. I wiped out the bucket with a paper towel and filled with 3 gal Distilled and added nutes, Ph 5.9 and 74. I also raised the air pump so that the fan is now blowing on it ( which should cool down the air going in ).

I guess I can still take the plants out and rinse them in H2o2. How long to let them sit in H202 water?

Will adding H202 hurt the Voodoo juice "live stuff"You don't want to use H2O2 with beneficial bacteria, but you could use a product like Hygrozyme with them, (though it's a lot more expensive than H2O2).

Kyron
06-28-2012, 03:05 AM
Thanks Warshade! I made up a gallon of water in a pitcher with 2 tbl spoons of 'OX'. I gently messages the dirty parts of the roots until the brown was gone. I did not add H202 to the tank as I figured it would kill the 'robs', thanks for confirming that.

Which leads me to this question, the last few grows with FF ocean forest took forever to veg to 3-4 foot, like 6 months and I was adding OX to every watering. Did I kill of the robs in the soil with the OX and thats why it took too long or was it because I had the first Gen HydrgrowLED 128w or both? The first gen vs. 2nd gen with lens is a big difference fyi. IF anyone cares I could use a photo light meter at a specific distance to tell you what the exposure would be, but to my eye the CMH is brighter. Might be fun to check out.... if I can remember.. He He found some tric's on the inside wall of my mason jar... enough to feel like I might just be slightly hi, :supersmile:. Must remember to take light meter down and check, heck I might as well check the 1st gen and some other lights I got around.

I must say the older plants are looking the nicest single shade of green vs the yellows and reds of the young ones, they were not ready for the big boy nutes and puked on their leaves, at least that is how I imagine it would look like if they drank too much and had McDeath (micky D's) to eat at 3am and then sat on a sit and spin.

Im going to assume that trying to get a clone off the burnt plants right now is a waste?

Oh got in Neem, the Bottle of NIRVINA and a 5 set of bubble bags that got great ratings and cost $30 on AMzn.. will have to check them out too.

I just got an interesting idea.. I think this could work real well.... thoughts?

Kyron
06-28-2012, 03:08 AM
Just thought up a couple more cool ideas for it... mu ha ha.

Kyron
06-28-2012, 03:51 AM
CMH = 1/4000 at 5.6 iso 200
336x = 1/1600 ...
65w CFL spot light = 1/3200 ...
128 penetrator led = 1/400 ...

LOL the 336x is 4x brighter than the 1st gen but is less than half the CMH output.

I am liking what Im seeing with that Induction light thats around $800, might have to get one to test out. After reading all about GMO food and how blah produce is these days ( maybe because its GMO or raised for speed not for taste ) Im thinking of growing some veggies. Anyone here bubble veggies? Any good books or info out there anyone can recommend?

Kyron
06-28-2012, 04:35 AM
The bags look great for $35. Triple stitched vinyl canvas, color coded with a size label sticked inside for easy ID. But there were instructions or a size color chart :( Oh well saw a tutorial on here so I think its all good.

Note to self, breaking jar like a goody bank works but leaves glass shards... but where a glove and the shards dont melt in the screen of the bong so I got the last little bit.

Im thinking of ordering some new flavors..
TGA Subcool Seeds Qleaner BC Bud Depot Seeds The PurpKosher Kush... Any recommendations?

Green007
06-28-2012, 05:20 AM
Do you feel pride and satisfaction while you grow and harvest??? (http://bubbleponics.com/forum/showthread.php?9057-Do-you-feel-pride-and-satisfaction-while-you-grow-and-harvest)

Kyron
06-28-2012, 07:16 PM
Oh oh! They were nice and white last night after rubbing them in H202 and now they look like hell! What should I do?

Kyron
06-28-2012, 08:23 PM
An said to use 150ml per gal of 3% OX for 8 hours and then dump and refill. I tossed a frozen ice pack in the res as they said you want to be under 70 to keep this from happening. The problem is the ice pack is floating and the roots are touching it ( I hope that is not an issue ).

We shall see if I can save them.

Mr. Shinbee
06-28-2012, 08:59 PM
An said to use 150ml per gal of 3% OX for 8 hours and then dump and refill. I tossed a frozen ice pack in the res as they said you want to be under 70 to keep this from happening. The problem is the ice pack is floating and the roots are touching it ( I hope that is not an issue ).

We shall see if I can save them.

The ice packs touching the roots might send the plant into shock I'd get them out of there.
IMHO I'd also stop using all the beneficial bacteria and microbe stuff your using until you figure out a long term solution for your high res temperature. Instead I'd use hygrozyme or h202 along with your base nutrients. I've never heard of the OX stuff your using though before so you might be able to add that.

Warshade
06-28-2012, 10:55 PM
If they are not mushy and don't smell bad, then it's probably just the nutes/additives staining the roots. Do they smell? Do they break apart easily?

Kyron
06-29-2012, 12:03 AM
Ox is short for H202 or hydrogen peroxide ;)

The ice pack seems to have found its way to the side wall and the temps are 65-66 :bravo: hopefully the plant wont get shocked. What are the signs of cold shock?

Mr. Shinbee
06-29-2012, 12:58 AM
typically it slows down the growth, I'm just worried your roots are still to little to sit directly on top of ice packs. I guess I might just be a little on the cautious side lol.

Congrats on getting the temps down and thanks for clearing up what ox means lol

Kyron
06-29-2012, 11:43 PM
Went to hom dep and got a copper coil and a cooler. Running the air line through the cold, but its leaking... need some zip ties to complete it. Will let ya know if it helps.

Just ordered a Spin Pro and Steal 100 from Rasa.. 10% off at the moment so save $10 over the shipping.

Kyron
07-02-2012, 03:42 AM
If one uses aeroponics, Im assuming that water temp is no longer an issue if the res was 75-80?

Mr. Shinbee
07-02-2012, 07:08 PM
I don't use aeoponics so I'm not an expert but from what I understand and the little bit I've read you'll still get slime in your aeroponics res at those temps at least it seems that other people have. It seems there's no short cuts for reservoir temps in hydro, gotta get the water temps to 65-70 degrees no matter what you use.

Kyron
07-04-2012, 09:24 PM
My PH meter seems to be having issues and wont stay calibrated. Guess I need to send it off for repairs. I wonder if part of my issues were because the meter was wonky?

Seems the panty hose I used to trap the gnats has allowed the root system to go nuts. I took one of them off to see if there will or wont be an issue down the road.

I put the bigger ladies under the CMH and will start 12/12 tonight, seems to be a full moon so I hope I got the timing right.

The tahoe OG seems to be droopy lately. I thought it did this with over watering but the pot was very lite, so maybe it wanted more water so I gave her a drink with 1/4 nutes and B52.

Kyron
07-06-2012, 05:48 PM
Seems like the Bubble Girls are making a come back. I noticed that when I rinsed the dark roots a bunch of it came off into the water and made it brown... Im thinking the B52 is a very dark brown nute, so maybe part of the dark roots is the B52?

I think the CMH was just too much heat, but as long as things are growing I guess Im happy even if I dont like dark roots under the baskets.

Mr. Shinbee
07-06-2012, 06:02 PM
As long as they're not smelly or slimy and your plants are growing.
Just keep rincing them off and I'm pretty sure most of that blackish/brown sludge will come off.

They are coming back though and they're actually staring to look really nice.
You did a good job nursing them back to health, this bowels for you homie.:bonghit3:

As cocojoe would say,
Peace to those who are learning

Kyron
07-06-2012, 06:19 PM
Thanks Shinbee! I have been checking for odor and neither the roots or the water has any smell. My nutes for the bubble girls was 550 and is now at 450 about 9 days later. Im guessing that I should change the water soon, whats a good change out for young plants that are 20 days old?

I have also been trying to give them a 20-40 min air bath everyday and they seem to really like that. Im thinking it would be good to get a timer and pump half the water in and out to get the Stealth Hydro air bath effect.

Kyron
07-08-2012, 01:23 AM
Should I switch the Bulb to a HPS to get the redder spectrum for flowering and put in the CMH the last 4 weeks for Resin production?

Mr. Shinbee
07-08-2012, 02:50 AM
Should I switch the Bulb to a HPS to get the redder spectrum for flowering and put in the CMH the last 4 weeks for Resin production?

Thats exactly what I would do too.

Kyron
07-08-2012, 05:27 AM
I changed out the CMH for HPS to get the flower sites going. Im debating if I should set up a Scrog, if I do I wont be able to dunk the airpots but I will get more buds. Watering the airpots from the top is such a pain, seems you have to do it in 2 or 3 spaced out time frames or the water just runs out the side.

Maybe the thing to do is put them in a bucket with a drain hole and scrog. Then I just fill up the buckets and not worry about top watering and can then use the scrog.

Kinda wish I hade a custom bucket that the airpot just fit within so I did not have to make extra gal of water to feed with the 5 gal bucket.. Hmmmm, maybe use 3 gal buckets.. I guess a trip to HD will let me know if that is the answer to the question of extra water...

Warshade
07-08-2012, 05:33 AM
I changed out the CMH for HPS to get the flower sites going. Im debating if I should set up a Scrog, if I do I wont be able to dunk the airpots but I will get more buds. Watering the airpots from the top is such a pain, seems you have to do it in 2 or 3 spaced out time frames or the water just runs out the side.

Maybe the thing to do is put them in a bucket with a drain hole and scrog. Then I just fill up the buckets and not worry about top watering and can then use the scrog.

Kinda wish I hade a custom bucket that the airpot just fit within so I did not have to make extra gal of water to feed with the 5 gal bucket.. Hmmmm, maybe use 3 gal buckets.. I guess a trip to HD will let me know if that is the answer to the question of extra water...
Keep an eye on the girls, as when Scottyballs made the same switch his girls didn't like it, so he ended up switching back to the CMH, (which he now uses from start to finish).

Mr. Shinbee
07-08-2012, 08:39 AM
MH is not ideal for flower. Fact is HPS bulbs produce more lumens, your average 400 watt hps bulb puts out around 55,000 lumens while your standard MH puts out 41,000. That alone is a big reason why you should consider using an hps for bloom.

Kyron
07-08-2012, 11:11 PM
Found a 2 gal bucket at HD that seems to just fit. Went and got two Egg crates. Put rocks at the bottom of the bucket to fill the void as the air pot does not fit all the way down. need to order another 3/4 grom and elbow so I can make another.

In theory, I should now be able to set up a sgrog and still be able to quickly "dunk and dump" the air pots since they will be sitting on the egg crate without having to move them, cause once they get tied up in the chicken wire your not moving them.

Im hoping it works as planned with no ill side effects.

I think the ph got too low for the bubble girls.. thats the reason for Taco leaves? There seems to be some weird coloring on the Island skunk, not sure what it is from.
Sent off the HM meter for repairs. Hopefully the RO and spinpro will show up in the next couple days.

Warshade
07-09-2012, 12:59 AM
MH is not ideal for flower. Fact is HPS bulbs produce more lumens, your average 400 watt hps bulb puts out around 55,000 lumens while your standard MH puts out 41,000. That alone is a big reason why you should consider using an hps for bloom.
CMH is different than MH, (in fact CMH bulbs need to run in a HPS ballast too!), tests have shown that 800watts of CMH will outproduce 1,000watts of HPS, (even though the CMH has less total lumens).

Several years ago an internationally known indoor horticulture magazine (Maximum Yield) ran an extensive article about indoor horticulture lighting and highly praised the CMH for its extremely full spectrum.

http://advancedtechlighting.com/img/cdmvshps.gif

Mr. Shinbee
07-09-2012, 01:58 AM
I hope your flood system works out for you man! Just be careful about over watering.

Your an LED grower warshade so you probably know more about useable spectrums than I do. Just curious about that article, I'd be interested to see if they vegged those plants under HPS too? I can see that having alot to do with the outcome of their yield.

Kyron
07-09-2012, 03:13 AM
Im not going to have an automated flood, I just want an easier way to water and if the Sgrog screen is in place, top watering would be back breaking. This way I can run a tube into the fill tube and poor into a funnel standing... at least thats the idea.

I figure I will run the HPS until it starts flowering, I think the heavier red spectrum will produce more flower sites???

Mrs. DF
07-09-2012, 03:42 AM
So glad to see you're getting outstanding advice from Mr. Shinbee as your ladies are now looking so very beautiful!!!! :Ganja: Peace :goodluck: (and keep up the fantastic growing) :leaf:

Kyron
07-09-2012, 06:00 AM
Thanks DF, I have started to send loving thoughts to my plants after reading "The Source Field" a real eye opening book (some crazy but WOW stuff about science we dont hear about), Im now going to be looking into Active water as it seems to be real. Watch this video as it contains some of the stuff the book has about water... I hope its real because if you can lower the surface tension the plants should use less energy to eat and drink and thus grow faster, especially if the water has the proper energetic structure, which seems to help cure people.. very fascinating stuff if its all true.. looking forward to testing it out on myself and plants :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJhogR7YLps&feature=related

But I think getting the bubble girls in a nice cool lighting situation has really help as well. I also think touching the roots with bare skin is a no no even if under water.

On top of all that Im looking forward to seeing if MJ can help activate my pineal gland, seems all the religions know this is the way to open the 3rd eye.. even the Vatican has a huge pine cone statue in a open court of the same name... crazy cool stuff.

fedesaky
07-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Hello Kyron,
thanks for the really cool infos (The Source Field) and the youtube link :supersmile: :)

:popcorn:

Kyron
07-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Another interesting book that ties into the source field.. "Dark Mission" seems NASA has been keeping a lot of info to themselves about what is really going and its not shocking to see that this ties in with all the occult groups and NWO.

Since I just finished the Source field.. I am just starting to look into all the sited papers.

I just finished watching this video ( its long but well worth watching ) and ties in with the other things I just mentioned and makes perfect sense to me and I have a deep science background with almost no religious affiliation, but after watching this a lot of the things I had concluded on my own are made crystal clear. I also believe the occult groups like the Free Mas ons are very aware of this and thus why they swear their members to death oaths and by the way, NAsa is run by these people - once you put all these sources together you start seeing a very different reality to the fake one they have spoon fed us that has so many holes an contradictions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfx_tEN0AkI

BTW, it occurred to me... whats with all the star worship.. it's everywhere! Think about it. Movie STARS, Rock Stars, a christmas tree is a pyramid with a STAR on top, if you do good you get a GOLD STAR. The Egyptians worshiped 3 stars, Osiris, Isis, and Horus. NASA/ Free Ma sons worships these stars ( read Dark Mission). Look at any major Hollywood movie and there is all kinds of Ma sonic (star worship) subliminal's, tv shows, music, its hiding in plain site. The Matrix is OVER Flowing with them ( theres a youtube video pointing them out), I noticed only a small fraction but knew it was tainted.

Kyron
07-10-2012, 08:23 PM
The bubble girls are growing like a weed! WOW!

Started working on a sgrog screen, but I need to start over, but I think hanging it will be much better than my old wooden frame on the floor trick, I wont be blocked from the sides underneath.

Mr. Shinbee
07-10-2012, 09:51 PM
Looking good. Are those spots new or old?

Kyron
07-11-2012, 01:39 AM
The spots are on the top leaf so I would say new... The other plant looks healthy.. water was at 270 ppm so they have been eating. Pretty much all the leaves on the one are like that so maybe it's nute burn?

Mr. Shinbee
07-11-2012, 02:24 AM
No I doubt it's nute burn at such a low ppm it look like either ph burn or calcium deficiency how's your pH doing? Are you keeping it steady?

Kyron
07-11-2012, 04:43 AM
Hard to say on the ph as it was pretty high with the AN PH perfect, then I added ph down, then my meter was sent for repairs.

Got my Stealth 100 RO and Trim Pro. The Trim Pro looks a lot smaller in pictures, but I can totally see how this thing is going to make a day of hunched over trimming into a 5 min job ;) Cant wait to use it... if you know what I mean..

Im thinking I should clone off the 2 small soil plants and start flowering them all. I kinda wanted bigger Sup Lemon and Tang Dream, but If I can get clones going and small yield can be fixed with a new bubble version that grows 10x faster in bubbles ;) I guess since they are clones as soon as the roots hit the water you can practically start flowering them a week later?

patanjali
07-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Thanks DF, I have started to send loving thoughts to my plants after reading "The Source Field" a real eye opening book (some crazy but WOW stuff about science we dont hear about), Im now going to be looking into Active water as it seems to be real. Watch this video as it contains some of the stuff the book has about water... I hope its real because if you can lower the surface tension the plants should use less energy to eat and drink and thus grow faster, especially if the water has the proper energetic structure, which seems to help cure people.. very fascinating stuff if its all true.. looking forward to testing it out on myself and plants :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJhogR7YLps&feature=related

But I think getting the bubble girls in a nice cool lighting situation has really help as well. I also think touching the roots with bare skin is a no no even if under water.

On top of all that Im looking forward to seeing if MJ can help activate my pineal gland, seems all the religions know this is the way to open the 3rd eye.. even the Vatican has a huge pine cone statue in a open court of the same name... crazy cool stuff.

Sorry, had to throw this out there since it is rare I hear someone talk about the pineal gland and especially clogging of. One of my senior yoga teachers told me fluoride clogs the pineal gland. He is the same person that told me years ago cell phones are causing brain tumors, and the aluminum in anti-deodorants are causing breast cancer. Something to think about anyway.

Kyron
07-11-2012, 06:48 PM
Hi Patanjali,

Im really interested in learning how to activate my pineal... any suggestions? Starting to drink only my new RO water, but Im also going to look at activated water ( which I have no experience with).

I do know that with the right MJ, I can think 10x faster and much more creatively. I am starting to wonder if that is another reason the Gov does not want us to have it, they want us all left brained and confused and not realizing that the N wo is sneaking up on us. And if you want your mind blown... go find pictures with O s ama palm and then find pictures of the current guy in charges palm.. you will puke when you realize that they are the same! There are some videos on youtube that overlay their faces.. it matches exactly.. scary, but what a laugh it must be for them to see how stupid they have made us over the last 112 years.

I think they know damn well that it helps one to develop concise and empathy, something they are very effectively breeding, poisoning and brain washing out of us. If everyone turned off their tv's and lit up and thought about what is really going on in the world, we could change it. NO One can do it, but Everyone... thats what they are afraid of.. EVERYONE waking up.

A huge problem is that they have gotten everyone one down to ant eye level. They can only see a week or two a head and are only worried about $, sex, football, the latest star gossip, jersey shore type crap. Those who can mentally rise above that start seeing further down the road. And when you pull back to the moon, you can start seeing all the dots connecting of why things keep getting worse and what the future is going to be. And if you dare try to show anyone, they turn on you like your crazy and should be locked up... and it is maddening that they are so unreachable and hollywood hides the facts so shallow and they have no clue, its like the N wo pissing in their face and they just want more!

And whats the chances that this article shows up which seems directly confirming the info in "the source field"

http://gizmodo.com/5925058/graphene-miracle-5347-it-can-repair-itself-entirely-unassisted?popular=true

Kyron
07-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Funny not a few mins after my last post I read this.. HA!

http://www.prisonplanet.com/an-altered-world-911-obama-and-the-attempted-annihilation-of-consciousness.html

Kyron
07-11-2012, 10:40 PM
Also dipped in clonex..

619ster
07-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Cool stuff bro! Interesting subjects too. Always interesting reading others views on those type subjects, and totally agree with what you feel.

Kyron
07-13-2012, 02:47 AM
Happy to share 619 ;)

Wish the clones weren't drooping over, but lets hope they spring back.

Watered the flowering plants with half strength bloom and bud candy half gal each.

Swapped out the HPS with CMH tonight.

Got a cold and drippy nose... feel like crap... sure wish I had some meds...

Stoney
07-13-2012, 03:01 AM
sorry you're not feeling well dude.... my best of karma goes out to ya hoping ya kick that bug soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i wish we were neighbors.... i'd bring ya over some hemp oil and some hot peppers!!

take care bro!

Kyron
07-13-2012, 06:24 PM
Thanks stoney, I'm looking for the valve to turn off my nose at the moment. I wonder if I could infect my plants if I touch them?

What do you think of Tangerine Dream? Great flavor? Hows the high? I hope its as amazing as Greenhouses Shackzilla Orange ( not released yet but had it at the last Canna Cup in Amsterdam)

Mrs. DF
07-14-2012, 01:43 AM
Those are some wonderful ladies - Should be back to perfection once you get everything leveled off! :rasta: I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with what your clones show for you! :allgood: Keep up the terrific growing :hippy:Peace

Stoney
07-14-2012, 05:28 PM
Thanks stoney, I'm looking for the valve to turn off my nose at the moment. I wonder if I could infect my plants if I touch them?

What do you think of Tangerine Dream? Great flavor? Hows the high? I hope its as amazing as Greenhouses Shackzilla Orange ( not released yet but had it at the last Canna Cup in Amsterdam)

i've often wondered that myself about being sick and infecting plants.... I'm really not sure dude!! I do know they can sense our feelings and can probably tell when we are down though!!!!

when i first grew the TD I thought it was great. large yeilds, great smell, excellent taste, i loved all of it..... well i didn't like the timing at all, the flowering took me 17 weeks!!! the high was really good, it didn't last long at all though, more like a hash high. but the saddest part was my tolerance quickly built up to the strain. after a week, it didn't really get me that high. I'm not sure why, i don't have this issue with my other strains.

when i did grow it before i was using questionable lighting and i didn't feed all organic at that time. so it is worth another try..... I have one more seed left and maybe it will be the good pheno.

I really feel like barneys farm sold out on this strain and released F2's. it's not something i would ever expect from them but they really did put out a bad product on this one. the first hint should have been the advertisements. no seed company has ever spent anywhere near the amount of money that BF has for TD.

so like i said, i will try it again but only because i already own the seed!

I hope you're feeling better for the weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kyron
07-14-2012, 05:55 PM
How do I reply to multiple people with quotes? I have seen others do it and I am lost how to properly do it ;P

Thanks DF, trying hard to not repeat the mistakes of my past and I am so glad to have found such a great place to get good help.. doing it alone even with Ed Rosenthals book is rough... biggest learning curve is that Ocean Forest is as hot as Megan Fox and does not need to be feed and that the directions on the bottle for how much to feed are way too much :'p

Stoney.. glad to hear that the TD tastes good, my first grow was with freebie seeds to learn and they tasted like Hell. Lets hope I can pull off a nice grow with the TD. My last grow with Super Lemon Haze was broken as I accidentally left a flow light on for 3 days about 2-3 weeks from the end of flowering and got very little resin and I also ran an ionizer so I ended up with what I call Ninja Weed.. you could not smell it unless it was under your nose, which could be good for people living in certain places. But it was not very strong med and I ended up just like you having a high tolerance. I am pretty sure with everyones help and the right lights and nutes that things are going to be Much much better this time around ;)

Ok time for update.. it looks like the auto blue hymala diesel (8-10 weeks from seed to finish) looks to me like it has started to flower.. you tell me?

I replaced the bubble girls water the other day and kept at 1/2 the recommended nutes, 545 ppm. They are growing like crazy in water ;)

I got my Stealth 100 RO, seem to get about 4 gal an hour. I have to hook it up outside to the garden hose outlet which is a pain but at least its not freezing cold as that would be a mess.

Im debating if I should scrog the Tahoe and Cata since its already 2 weeks into flower. First pic is Cata then Tahoe

Here be the clones and the others

cocoJoe
07-14-2012, 05:58 PM
nice update Kryon. :hug:
336x seems to do the job very well. :loveweed:

Peace to the patients,
cocoJoe

Kyron
07-14-2012, 06:46 PM
Thanks CJ. Im pretty happy with the 336x, I had no idea that it would grow hydro so well since all my past grows were slow soil. Not happy with its weight 30+ lbs as it is a bitch to hang by yourself. I would love to add an induction light as I think they would work synergistically to each others weakness.

Has anyone seen a mixed Aero/Bubble unit? I was thinking of a hybrid last night. Since the weak point of Aero is mechanical failure and quick death, if you had a combo, it should keep things going in event of failure so the plants dont dry out.

cocoJoe
07-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Induction lighting, T5s on steroids.
I love the T5s, induction may cause some type of radio interference. Showed my age, didn't I.
So I am leary of induction lights, but should grow cannabis plants nicely. :smoker:

Peace to the patients,
cocoLeary

Mr. Shinbee
07-15-2012, 01:36 AM
Looks like your clones are doing great!
I've thought about how to make an aero sparyer bubbleponics unit since the first time I over watered a sprout lol in reality I realized it's just easier and cheaper to learn how to use the manifold correctly but yeah it can be done.

Kyron
07-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Thanks Shinbee, still waiting to see some roots on the clones.

The water is now 103ppm, them girls are eating alot. I decided to slow down the tropical skunk since removing it is not an option as the roots are entangled with the other plant. I left the top few leaves and chopped everything else. I do not know anything about this strain or if it is even feminized. Since the auto is starting to flower I need to switch over to bloom and there is no sense wasting the food on this unknown unknown plant. I am glad I did it for the experience of learning, but I think it would be wise to only do 2 of the same strain if one does this in a 5gal bucket.

If I could figure how to untangle the roots I would, I figured if I just cut all the roots I would end up with a mass of decaying roots in the water that would kill the other plant, so I chop it down so it stays alive but not eating much.. thats the plan. Only need about 4-6 weeks to finish the auto so hopefully I made the right move.

Stoney
07-15-2012, 07:25 PM
wooohooo!! full flowering in effect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know what ya mean about the ninja weeds!!! my AK is kinda similar... just out in the open it's not to bad. once i grind it up, it smells like roadkill skunk in a grinder!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha

and as for the multi quote...... just click on the small quote box with the + sign next to it on the bottom right corner of the post.( the one under the UP/DOWN pot leaves) when you click more than one it will post them in the same order as you clicked them in. once you clicked on all the ones you want to reply on then click "reply with quote" on the last message that you have clicked the multi quote on.(if there are messages to reply that are on different pages you can just select the next page and it will remember all the multi quote buttons you clicked on from the previous page).

once you do this you will see all the posts in the reply box and they are all surrounded by [quote] boxes..... just click after the [quote] box after each message and start typing away!!!!

I hope that made sense...... good luck!!

Kyron
07-16-2012, 02:20 AM
Feed the soil girls with 12ml/gal of Bloom and 6ml of B52, bud candy, and Nirvana. I then strained it and dumped the left overs into the bubble girls which was at 98ppm and after mixing the left overs it was around 230.

I guess its not too late to build a sgrog screen.

One thing I like about the LED is it does not heat up the bubble girls like the CMH, of course when I did try to combine the lights it was mighty close at around 10-12 inches, Im curious to see how it heats it up when there is lots of plant to absorb the light. Im glad Im trying an making mistakes, the only way to truly learn what not to do ;P

wooohooo!! full flowering in effect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i know what ya mean about the ninja weeds!!! my AK is kinda similar... just out in the open it's not to bad. once i grind it up, it smells like roadkill skunk in a grinder!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha

and as for the multi quote...... just click on the small quote box with the + sign next to it on the bottom right corner of the post.( the one under the UP/DOWN pot leaves) when you click more than one it will post them in the same order as you clicked them in. once you clicked on all the ones you want to reply on then click "reply with quote" on the last message that you have clicked the multi quote on.(if there are messages to reply that are on different pages you can just select the next page and it will remember all the multi quote buttons you clicked on from the previous page).

once you do this you will see all the posts in the reply box and they are all surrounded by [quote] boxes..... just click after the [quote] box after each message and start typing away!!!!

I hope that made sense...... good luck!!

Mucho GrassyAss ;)

Looks like your clones are doing great!
I've thought about how to make an aero sparyer bubbleponics unit since the first time I over watered a sprout lol in reality I realized it's just easier and cheaper to learn how to use the manifold correctly but yeah it can be done.

I got all the parts to rig one, I was thinking one bucket above the other with a drain tube at 1.5-2gal mark to drain the extra aero spray to the bottom bucket.

Are there any good cycle timers that aren't $90?

Mr. Shinbee
07-16-2012, 04:42 AM
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=cycle+timer&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=mNd&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&prmd=imvns&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1024&bih=404&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=568835792842203394&sa=X&ei=HI0DUNzzO4SzrQHJlv2xDA&ved=0CHwQ8wIwAA

Something like this??

Kyron
07-17-2012, 03:14 AM
Thanks Shinbee, I think Im gonna hold off on the hybrid system for now, I got my hands full with so many girls.

I finally got the parts to make my other watering bucket so I slapped together a scrog. I put it at an angle since the two girls are of different hight and it worked out perfect. I would perfer to have a real scrog ( manufactured ) but oh well it only took about an hour to set up, looks like hell, but it will "get er done!"

I think this is the first grow that I have not nuked the plants with too much food, never have I seen such uniform green and I have about 3-4 small grows under my belt now. Gotta love them freebie seeds to learn on.

Mr. Shinbee
07-17-2012, 05:58 AM
Good idea on tilting the scrog dude.

Kyron
07-20-2012, 05:42 PM
Tahoe has lots of flowers growing on the stem :saywhat:

The clones have not rooted yet and I am loosing hope

The Auto flower is now like 28" tall and is a monster

And last but not least the citrus girls. I kinda want to start flowering them now as they are about 3 weeks behind the scrog, but I wish they were bigger. I figure the tahoe and cata will finish up and then I will finish the citrus girls under the CMH, but Im not sure if I should wait another week or 2 so they will have more time under the CMH. On the other hand I want to be a free man to travel and not worry about my plants... decisions decisions...

Mr. Shinbee
07-20-2012, 08:56 PM
:saywhat: MAN THOSE LOOK GREAT!!!
I wouldn't lose hope on those clones yet! They don't look dead which means they're doing something they're supposed to right? lol

Kyron
07-20-2012, 09:17 PM
Thanks Shinbee, I have not lost hope but them clones are slow. Im hoping to have a good harvest, well see.

Kyron
07-22-2012, 02:06 AM
Looks like my baby's are growing feet like three out of four have sprouts, woo hoo! Should I put them in a 5 gal bucket or get a bigger tote to grow in? If I go 5 gal I will only use 2 of the 4.

Now I just have to figure out my lighting situation since I will be running the clones off the 128 LED As that is the only light I'm not using

Mr. Shinbee
07-22-2012, 03:16 AM
Congrats on the roots man! I knew they'd pull through for you.

Kyron
07-22-2012, 08:34 PM
Me of little faith... I was not having good results before using Rootech, but I sprung for the Clonex and it's looking good. I put 2 of the rooted clones in a clone bucket after removing them from the root shooters.

Since I just put the drain tube in, my 360 sprayer was clogging, so I put a stocking around it and it seems good now. put 4ml of grow in 1.5 gal of water with 2ml of B52 and Voodoo juice. If all goes well tomorrow I will put the other 2 in the clone bucket. Im gonna have some crazy amounts of bud from all of this.

My record is 5.5 oz on a single soil Sup Lemon Haze that vegged like 4-6 months and was scrogged. I was not using AN So we will see what experience, high tech food and a 400w CMH bring to the table.

Hows this for an idea, we set up a grow on every volcano in the world and when they are all ready, will make all the volcanos erupt.. I may be a prisoner of this planet, but by god I will hot box every one of you bastards that wants to remove this plant from this planet and the rest of the people will cheer me as their THC savior ;)

I took a low flower from the tahoe and Im trying to vape it to see if I can get anything.. I cant tell if I got a slight buzz or I was sucking so long on the portable vape that Im o2 starved :P I'm feeling something, had to get the vape hot enough becuase it is 100% wet.

The catatonic is not flowering as fast as the Tahoe. Btw does anyone know why some of the hairs are already turning brown on the tahoe? The 400w CMH is about 16 inches from the screen, Im getting a temp of 95 on the screen which makes me a little nervous, but they look fine, will this stunt growth? I can remove some reflecting material and probly get the temp down to the low mid 80's. The under side has a fan blowing up their skirts so they should be mid 70's. Open to suggestions.

FYI, I went down and got all the lowest popcorn and im seeing if I get any effect, since Im scroging I think I will get more buds if I eliminate the lower flowers and if they are vapeable then I just got some meds 2 months earlier.. fingers crossed

cocoJoe
07-22-2012, 08:42 PM
That kind of heat may hurt the potency of the harvest.

Peace to the patients,
cocoJoe

Kyron
07-22-2012, 08:53 PM

Tric's

cocoJoe
07-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Looks good Kyron. :loveweed:

Peace to the patients,
cocoJoe

Kyron
07-22-2012, 09:37 PM
FYI, I was using a big Hygrometer for my temp on the screen and not my laser one, so I think it was absorbing the light and heating up. The button battery went on the laser so I am sure the screen is not 95. I moved the light to 19 above the screen anyways and taped the hygrowmeter out of the light at same height as lamp and got 79 and 50% humidity. If I can find that little laser temp I can take an acurate reading off the flower itself.

Seems there is a trace amount of thc in the flowers at this point, but if I was not starved of thc I would easily dissmiss it. I did get a small hit from a mid flower I picked to see what I got. There is just a hint of a lemon flavor being crushed by the smell of wet grass, not horrible but far from 3 months from now.

RO filter is now up to 65 psi and takes about 14 to 15 mins per gallon. A huge pain in the butt to haul 20 at a time... looking forward to a new house with custom plumbing (Shawing!).

I wonder if cannabis seeds are equal to hemp seeds in nutritional value, I should ask that, as unholy as it would be to eat these seeds and not grow them. But seems hemp seeds are full of great stuff like Omega 3 ( I hate fish oil), I should look into hemp seeds... but would be amazing to just grow your own so you know what your really getting. This would be a great question for the great hopefully knows it all Ed Rosenthal. now to see if I can get an anwer ;)

cocoJoe
07-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Hemp and cannabis seeds should be nutritionally the same.
I use Flax seeds for Omega 3.

Peace to the patients,
cocoJoe

Stoney
07-22-2012, 10:28 PM
hemp seeds in yogurt.... YUM!!!!!!

Kyron
07-22-2012, 11:18 PM
Ran out and got some hemp seeds, not the greatest raw but they go great in salsa and chips ;)

Kyron
07-23-2012, 12:35 AM
Yogurt would be perfect, thanks for the tip.

Would cannabis seeds have thc in them where hemp wouldn't?

Kyron
07-24-2012, 01:55 AM
Looks like the clones are taking to the aero clone bucket, starting to see some side roots coming off the main.

Gotta figure how Im going to arrange my lights.. maybe I need to get another light...

Kyron
07-24-2012, 06:36 PM
This one clone is really starting to root, the others are a bit behind.

SGROG :)

Kyron
07-26-2012, 02:00 AM
I should have used the clone bucket from the get go... Mu ha ha

The Auto flower is now at 32" about twice the height of the soil citrus girls... and its so easy with Advanced PH perfect, still waiting for the replacement PH meter but the plant does not seem to care the ph of the water as long as I keep adding water.

Im still trying to decide how/when to flower the soil and clones.. at the rate the clone bucket is going Im going to have to decide soon

Kyron
07-28-2012, 08:01 PM
The Tahoe is getting a nice sticky lemony OG smell and seems to be a week or 2 ahead of the Cata.

The clones are making roots like crazy after I added more water to the res as I noticed the 1 gal I used was heated up by the pump so an extra gal seems to have made a big difference.

Stoney
07-28-2012, 08:14 PM
awesome looking roots man!!!!

and great job with the troubleshooting to help "fine tune" your system!!!!

keep those cool pictures coming!!!!!!!

Kyron
07-28-2012, 10:32 PM
Thanks Stoney... starting to feel like Dr. Frankenstein.. "It's AliVE!"

Vaping on a few lower wet flowers, not much but better than noting.

Kyron
07-30-2012, 04:31 AM
Im not digging the flavor of the auto yet, but its supposed to be great for couch lock and be blueberry... Its not really making much resin under the LED, nothing like the CMH and the Tahoe (sticky at 1 month). Maybe I need to add a small CMH so the LED can be flowered with properly.

cocoJoe
07-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Hi Kyron, :goodluck: with the auto!

Don't forget to give thanks,
cocoJoe

Mr. Shinbee
07-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Yeah I'd add some HID lighting too if I had them, but your plants look really nice regardless.

Beef
07-30-2012, 09:38 PM
Aren't you worried about stunting their growth with the light that close? Those Hydrogrow panels are pretty powerful... My panel would demolish seedlings/clones that close!

But hey, if it's working for ya, keep on keepin' on!

Kyron
07-30-2012, 11:19 PM
Beef- thats a 1st gen 128w without lenses, so it's really not that powerful and the babies seem happy.

Bad news, without my PH meter I feed my 2 citrus girls just plane water for the last week and I think the PH was near 8 so Now I got nasty rust spots on the Tang and lost a bit of the lower foliage. Of course the PH meter comes in today so thats how I know where the ph is. I think they will recover.

I got a 14 gal tote and made it into a "bubble farm" to hold the 4 clones as I did not want to kill 2 to put them in a 5 gal bucket.

I ran into a problem that I did not think about before hand, but the roots are so generous that I was having a hard time getting them in the 3 inch net cups. So I cut out some of the plastic tabs and tried the best I could to get the roots through. I had to cut out the bottom for the fastest growing one as the roots were to big to fit through a double. I wore gloves doing this so hopefully they will transplant without shock..

How would I know if they are in shock?

So then I added 5 gal water, 20ml Sensi Grow and 7ml of Voodoo and B52.

I am now running a 600w HMI light ( 90 CRI, 6000k ) for a few hours on the Auto to see if I can get it to spew some icky sticky, cause the LED has no UV and I think this has lots. We shall see in a few days, but I swear that it did feel a little sticke today.

Kyron
08-03-2012, 05:51 PM
Looks like cutting the clone leaves in half is the fastest growing.

Lowered the CMH to 14".. whats the lowest a 400w should be from the flowers?

Stoney
08-03-2012, 06:16 PM
the general rule of thumb for radiant heat is if it is to hot for the back of your hand, then it is to hot for the plants.

they look perky today...... did ya get your new PH meter?

Kyron
08-03-2012, 06:35 PM
Yes I got the PH meter a few days ago, but it really looks like the PH perfect does not need it, but it does come in handy if you want to feed straight H20.

Im def enjoying drinking water from the the new RO, what a difference. No more stupefying florine for me!

I started the clones on 12/12 on 8/1, I figure since I only have 3in net pots I dont want them getting huge and falling over.

Seems to me that the Auto under the 336x LED does not put out much resin, I guess it needs some UV. The Tahoe under the CMH is starting to get nice and sticky with a lemon kerosine smell. Maybe the LED are great for veg and need a CMH booster in flower.

Kyron
08-05-2012, 12:04 AM
Switched out the CMH with the HPS at week 4 (today). They look frosty enough so I figured I would see what the HPS does.

Kyron
08-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Bubble clones are doing great, looks like a little tip burn, but my ppm is 262.

I gave the Auto a trim today and boy did my arms get sticky, so the 336x is making resin. I bet I hit them with the CMH they would frost right up, but I dont think my light will be freeded up in time to do that. I figure its half the resin a Hot light would put out. But I did throw a couple Lizzard UV lamps up to see if I can get more resin.

I clipped a branch off the Auto to play with my new Trim Pro. I LOVE this thing! I used it with fresh wet flowers and it worked real fine. Going to try it with dried flowers to see what the difference will be. The last 6 oz harvest took at least 8hrs to trim by hand ( which sucked hard if you don't take breaks). I would guess the trim pro could do the same work in under an hour.. but we shall see in another month how fast it really is.

cocoJoe
08-05-2012, 10:19 PM
Looking pretty and glad the 336X is working. :supersmile:

Peace to the patients,
cocoJoe

Kyron
08-07-2012, 01:42 AM
Anyone have any clue what is going on with these plants? I did recently cut a lot of the big sun leaves so the flowers would get more light, should I have left them on?

cocoJoe
08-07-2012, 02:25 AM
You defoliated and got this, Looks like over nute, maybe a lockout condition.
Other Ideas please.:idea:

Peace to the plant doctors,
cocoJoe

Kyron
08-08-2012, 10:45 PM
I broke down and ordered another 400w CMH, bud factor, overdrive, rhino skin, a feed timer and pump. This should get interesting.

I also noticed the buds were much sticker under the CMH than the HPS so I changed it back.

Oh the Auto Flower in bubbles is now 35 inches under the LED... LOL this plant is supposed to be 10-15 inches

"Type : Auto flowering indica hybrid
Height : 10 – 15 inches
Harvest : 8-10 weeks from seed
Yield : 16 – 32g per plant
Indoors/Outdoors
Effect : heavy indica hit
Potency : 8/10
Breeder: STITCH
This indica dominant auto is the result of crossing the fattest, most resinous Nepalese kush plant we could find with our auto line and then introducing a complex blueberry hybrid. The result is a highly resinous strain which stays very short and gives off a wonderful blueberry aroma. The plant has very chunky, compact buds and has wonderful medicinal qualities borne out of its indica heritage. This strain finishes very quickly and is sure to please."

Kyron
08-11-2012, 04:34 PM
The Tahoe and Cannatonic got some sugar leaf issues. Any suggestions? I had lowered the light too much and was frying the leaves? I backed it off just in case. The tips are all curled up and dried up... too much nutes?

I also took a lot of the sun leaves off at half way through flower.. was that a bad move?

6 inches long leaves started 22 days ago... I never had a soil plant make leaves like these. This super lemon haze is like the 6 million dollar man in growth, crushing the other clones.

My Plants reallllllly don't like that movie light, check out the damage.. is that UV that is doing that?

Stoney
08-11-2012, 05:53 PM
hey man!!! the first ones look like nute burn..... not to terrible but yea, nute burn it is!!! less is more sometimes when it comes to harsh nutes.

and the bottom one looks weird.... like nute burn and heat burn. but it must be that reptile light. plants are very sensitive to UV. the weird thing is people have plants in their terrariums and the reptile lights don't kill those plants.... I'm just not sure what to say about it other than the proof is in the pics!!!!

Kyron
08-12-2012, 01:16 AM
I pull back on the nutes, I figure since this started right after I pulled most of the sun leaves that the plant does not need a full feeding once these leaves are gone.

Stoney that messed up plant was from my 600w HID movie light, that would explain the damage I had in my first posts and the twisted leaves, something about that light the plants hate so I ordered another 400w CMH as they love this light.

My new 2.2 HerbalAire came today. Loving the faster and quite air pump. They upgraded the electronics so its much easier to see when it is ready. Vaping some early buds and getting more and more each day so Im happy I can get some relief before the harvest of course the more I take now the less I will get at harvest ;(

Kyron
08-13-2012, 08:30 PM
I figured if I have nute burn I better flush the soil plants. I ran a gallon through the soil and got a ppm of 1600-1900. I made up a gal batch of 280ppm so hopefully I washed out a lot of the built up salts. I guess Im going to need to scale back the feeding amount maybe 50% and see how it goes.

Should I flush with more water?

The Cannatonic now smells amazing when I get some oil on my hand. the tahoe is super lemony kerosine but the Cannatonic just smells like the yummiest smell, I will have to describe it in the near future because it is amazing.

Any clue what is up with this flat stem, it looks like 2 stems in one rectangular lamp cord.

Here is the Auto at 36 inches tall ( so much for the 12-15 in they claimed )
The bubble farm is going well and the SLH is rocking 7.5" leaves now
The Bud factor and rhino skin showed up so we will see how they rock the plants

Kyron
08-14-2012, 12:10 AM
Set up the new light, still waiting on the CMH bulb. I tried to share the lights between the girls, they get jealous out of the spot light ;)

In the mean time here is some bud porn to feast on.

Stoney
08-14-2012, 12:44 AM
lookin good man!!!!

how are ya liking the new vape?

oh yea.... you gotta get on over to the contest thread, you were kinda called out by a mod in the thread and need to get a pic posted!!!!
http://bubbleponics.com/forum/showthread.php?9356-The-Bubbleponics-com-Monthly-Photo-Contest-August&p=258273&viewfull=1#post258273

Kyron
08-14-2012, 01:09 AM
Thanks Stoney, Im kinda shocked that with all these different growing styles I have not killed anything ;) It's real nice to have so much material to play with cause this is a Masters crash course. Its great to finally see how freaking fast Hydro really is and so cheap and easy.

They have made some nice upgrades on the Herbalaire since v1.0 now at 2.2. For $170 this is like a personal volcano but more efficient with plant material. Sometimes I love to blaze, but for ease of use and hassle vaping rocks!

Thanks for the heads up on the picture, I posted some of the latest over there

I hope the CMH really frosts up the LED AUTO flower... its like Im experimenting with so many different inputs but what a great learning platform.

Kyron
08-14-2012, 01:53 AM
A recent Tahoe cut flower that was drying 1 day, very sticky.. going in the vape now! I hope as it dries out that the thc will go up in another week over what Im trying tonight, should be interesting to see if it does get stronger as it ages even if it was taken half way through flowering.

The Vape bag is now filling

Kyron
08-14-2012, 01:56 AM
had to dial it to full hot, its still wet ;P

Kyron
08-14-2012, 01:58 AM
there is vape in the bag, not a ton but its in there.

Kyron
08-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Bottle of Overdrive just came in ;)

Kyron
08-15-2012, 01:18 AM
CMH and overdrive arrived. Should be interesting to see how the light and bud factor x do for the auto. I believe Im about 2.5 weeks away from harvest.

Kyron
08-15-2012, 01:25 AM

Kyron
08-16-2012, 06:42 PM
Heres a better look at the lamp cord stem. You can see a strange leaf pattern, like three sets all at the same level. Also the curled leaf... Seems to have a lot of bud sites on it thou!!!! So maybe this is a good thing?

cocoJoe
08-16-2012, 07:01 PM
Kyron did you take a clone of that on edge plant?? :straightface:

Peace to the patients,
cocoJoe

Kyron
08-17-2012, 12:55 AM
So I just noticed that there are seeds in my Tahoe OG which is really odd since I have never flowered a Male.. Ever! How did this happen?

I did take a clone from that plant... why?

cocoJoe
08-17-2012, 01:08 AM
Hermied, your plants have. :Yoda: :jabba: R2D2

Shucks,
cocoJoe

Kyron
08-17-2012, 01:12 AM
SON of a Beotch... both the Cannatonic and Tahoe have seeds!!!

Would that be why the Tahoe is not super sticky anymore?

Kyron
08-17-2012, 01:20 AM
Will these seeds be usable in the future?

cocoJoe
08-17-2012, 01:20 AM
Well that's a good guess.

Oops,
cocoJoe

Kyron
08-17-2012, 06:39 PM
Is this a male flower?
Are any of these seeds good?

Nbbeerguy
08-17-2012, 06:40 PM
I would say dry them out and squeeze lightly between your fingers and if they pop then no but the darker ones I believe are when they are fully developed

cocoJoe
08-17-2012, 07:40 PM
I don't see a male flower, but you can't trust my old eyes. :blink:
Are the seeds good?? Sprout a few and see what you get. :wink:

Peace to the patients,
cocoJoe

Kyron
08-18-2012, 06:13 PM
so I just flushed my cannatonic again, 1st gal came out at 1500ppm, 2nd gal at 900ppm... Should I keep flushing? The leaves are getting all burnt up

cocoJoe
08-18-2012, 06:44 PM
That should be enough. :straightface:

Pttp,
ccJ

Kyron
08-18-2012, 07:17 PM
Here is a pict of the burnt up leaves, I believe cause I was over feeding.

Shame this Tahoe is Hermie, very sugary.

cocoJoe
08-18-2012, 07:20 PM
When do harvest?? :confused:

Pttp,
ccJ

Kyron
08-18-2012, 07:43 PM
4-5 weeks

cocoJoe
08-18-2012, 08:57 PM
Ok, They should be healed by then!! :rock:

Pttp,
ccJ

Kyron
08-18-2012, 09:31 PM
I changed the water on the bubble girls.. 32ml Sensi, 16 of the rest. Growing well.

The CMH light has made the auto flower sticky ( finally! ), seems like the LED is good for Veg and first half of flower and no seeds in it, so I will have at least one good harvest.

Kyron
08-23-2012, 01:41 AM
So I finally got around setting up a flood and drain on my bubble farm. Takes 35 sec to fill about 5 gal, then it syphons back into the res in about 1.5 min with a 15 min cycle. I figure this is like giving them an air bath 4 times an hour ;) Super easy to set up too.

I also angled my LED so that it allows the CMH onto the LED plants and the LED onto the CMH plants.

Also put up 2 reptile lights to see if I can get the Auto Blue Hima soaking wet with icky sticky before I flush and chop.

Kyron
08-24-2012, 06:23 PM
Checking on my bubble girls I noticed the pump had stopped working. It seems a piece of hydroton got stuck in the impeller. So I put a stocking on the fill tube so no more roots or hydro ends up in the pump.

I also set the timer now to 5 min. The nice thing is it sucks up air as it nears the end of each cycle so I get a lot of free bubbles to add o2 to the mix.

Also I have been shifting the plants around so they each get some CMH lov'n

Kyron
08-26-2012, 01:41 AM
Here are some picts of that Crazy flat stem and Super Crazy SLH flower.. look at all the leaves!

cocoJoe
08-26-2012, 01:47 AM
Wow!! mutant :what:

Pttp,
ccJ

619ster
08-26-2012, 01:55 AM
Kewl!!!!!

Kyron
08-26-2012, 02:17 AM
For shits and giggles I put one of the Tahoe fresh seeds in water and it looks like it popped. Im curious to grow it out to see what it is, as I have no clue how I got seeds!

I have enough foliage to reveg the plant after I chop it, I am really interested if I flower it again if it will have seeds.

Im going to flush the Tahoe 2 weeks early since its just not putting out the icky sticky and the seeds will pop.

Kyron
08-26-2012, 05:52 PM
How NOT to start your Sunday.. going to the hospital for your 5th Kidney stone!

Ran 3 gal of final flush through the Tahoe, I figure I will chop it in 4 more days.

Stoney
08-26-2012, 05:55 PM
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i feel for you my friend!!!! I hope you get to rest up for the remainder of the day!!!! and be pain free!!!!!!!

Kyron
08-27-2012, 12:28 AM
Thanks Stoney, luckily it passed quickly, although I did bash my head when I passed out from the pain. Good thing I have never been driving when these bastards drop.

Kyron
08-27-2012, 02:23 AM
Time for a closer look at a flower I plucked 2 days ago from the Tahoe... Just finished flushing, the ppm after flushing is around 70ppm. I think they say to give it 4-7 days of plain water. Since it is already seedy 5 days will be my target.

Screw the Bud porn! Lets see the sexy stuff up close

Kyron
08-27-2012, 02:40 AM
Heres the color enhanced...

Kyron
08-28-2012, 02:27 AM
How much longer should I wait before I harvest this Auto Blue Hymala?

Here are some picts of the Super Lemon and the MUTANT Super Flower which I will call "Protoculture!"

Kyron
08-28-2012, 02:30 AM
Oh I also upped the Nutes on the Bubble farm to 3/4 full strength and it was close to 950 ppm. I had been running the first month at about 500 ppm.

Its so cool to see the pump sucking in air at the end of the cycle tons and tons of bubbles, now I just need to get the temps down.. around 74.5, but the plants look happy.

cocoJoe
08-28-2012, 02:32 AM
The auto is very cloudy. I can't see any amber.
I like to see some amber before I harvest

Pttp,
ccJ

Brujah
08-28-2012, 09:58 AM
still a bit to go but man are those some beautiful pictures. practically art.

Kyron
08-28-2012, 06:16 PM
still a bit to go but man are those some beautiful pictures. practically art.

Thanks, I'm glad you like em. I take pride in my photos ;)

Kyron
08-30-2012, 01:43 AM
So after reading an article in the latest High times about Earth & Grow, I went to the Homer and bought $6 in parts and made my own. Basically the article says that after much testing plants like to be grounded and grow 20% or so faster. Well see if it makes a difference.

The Auto is soo sticky now, the back reflector it was resting on is now goopy thick sticky in places. Its also having trouble staying up as its getting heavy in the flowers. So I moved the reflector back so the flowers are not rubbing on it and this should get some more light to the buds that were up against it. The Combs are really starting to plump up, but still no amber! Shame the Tahoe had to go and get Pregers, that would have been some amazing sticky bud.

This reflector isnt the best, but its cheap and easy to quickly custom size. So I figure with it being as tight as possible Im getting more light vs. a tent or other means.

Kyron
08-31-2012, 05:38 PM
Seems like I got the Soil citrus girls back on track from the over feeding a couple of weeks ago.Super Lemon with the Mutant flower94679Tang Dream94680Bubble Girls on Left Blue Auto on right finishing94681Blue Auto is getting heavy!94682

DAT
08-31-2012, 10:54 PM
wow! what an incredible journal! those trichome shots are mind blowing!

Kyron
09-01-2012, 12:00 AM
Thank you Dat! I will have even more amazing shots of the Tri's very soon.. You would think you were right there in a forest of crystal mushrooms ;)

Kyron
09-01-2012, 04:18 PM
As promised.. some Tahoe OG close up... enjoy

Kyron
09-01-2012, 05:28 PM
I cut the Tahoe as it seems to have a decent amount of amber tri's. It's really strange, I had cleared all the little flowers down low but a few new ones sprouted, but they are also seeded.. I don't understand how they got prego since they are new and tiny and would not have gotten any pollen on them because they came way after the first set of flowers got pregers.

I could reveg this plant but I wonder if it would seed again

Seems the roots liked the bucket full of rocks

DAT
09-02-2012, 01:48 AM
Hey Kryon, i hope your feeling better and you have a nice relaxing weekend before you have to pass the next kidney stone.
Shame about your Tahoe. I wonder why it happened, the rest of your girls looks so awesome. YOur super lemon haze is a keeper,rarely have i seen such night tight internodes on her... did you cut a clone from her yet? I would clone that bitch and scrog her ass...lol
What causes herms that i know are mostly genetic...., if that strain is prone to hermie and light leaks is what i have heard. Where was the Tahoe housed? did you do anything "different" with her then with the rest? But this happened so late in her life, huh? weird.. should be an awesome smoke any how.
I know growers that actually pull all the balls of their hermis and hope that they dont grow anymore. Like who has time for that chit? lol anyway....
Your pictures as so amazing. Can you show me your camera?
I saw that rebel camera we were discussing in Target on sale for $400!!! like $100 off right now.. but its soooo super bulky and heavy.
Might you have any other suggestions a bit smaller with exellent macro capabilites lets say not over 700 bucks...I like to take it hiking so if i can get it a bit smaller and lighter for backing purposes that would be so awesome.

Kyron
09-02-2012, 02:10 AM
Hi Dat, as far as the Tahoe, I did accidentally leave a cfl on in the room during flowering for a night, so that could have done it, but I saw no Male flowers or balls or pollen. Emaculate inception I guess. LOL.

As far as the Super Lemon, I took 2 clones and put them in a bubble farm with 2 tangerine dream. The SLH is much faster growing then the TD. Im 1 month in with the bubble farm. I did not veg them went straight to 12/12. They are now 26" tall. The SLH with the Mutant flower, I put that in the spot the Tahoe was in. I did accidentally crack the main flat stem, does not seem bad but I did see a drop of water at the cracked spot. But it's now in a Sgrog screen but it will be only for supporting the weight as I did not get to train it.

So thats 1 Soil SLH and 2 bubble. That will give me a great chance to compare the flavor and strength at some point I should do an organic grow to see if the flavor is that much better, but I got to say I love the ease of Hydro and AN nutes. No more messing with PH and PPM ( ppm after you know your plants feeding needs)

I can recommend pro gear, but I don't know the point and shoot cameras. I am sure that if you google "best point and shoot macro" you should find a good camera. Then you will want some kind of tripod. Im sure you can find a great solution but don't expect too much from non pro gear. But if you do go with the bigger camera you trade connivence for quality and it's good to own a small party camera and a real camera ;)

Kyron
09-02-2012, 02:14 AM
BTW Dat did you decode my profile pict yet? Get High and stare at it and you will see ...

DAT
09-02-2012, 02:48 AM
lol, ok i just smoked some hash oil and i stared at your profile pix. lol..i think i need more time.lol
thanks for the info on the garden and camera. i grow 12/12 from seed all the time and really love the results. GREAT for sativas in small spaces!! Looking foward to hearing your results from the different grow mediums. I was comparing my Casey Jones coco girl to my CJ waterfarm and there does seem to be quite a difference. Bud density, quality and overall heath much better in hydro then coco. The smell is also much better, stinkier potent from my hydro then my coco. I love hydro! its so much cleaner, easier bigger better than my cocococococ. but i will still run my 12/12 from seed coco girls in the corners of my tents to test out strains.

Kyron
09-02-2012, 03:04 AM
Do you see the hand in the upper left Dat, where is it pointing? Kinda scary considering its a picture of the sky.

Hydro is da bomb. I think Im going to set up a hybrid Aero/bubble when I get around to my next grow.

Does anyone know where to get food grade 5 gal buckets? Gonna do my very first bub hash run and would perfer to keep it med grade.

Kyron
09-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Cut the sun leaves off the Tahoe and it is hanging upside down with a tiny bit of light. The light is supposed to keep the plant going so it cures better ( at least thats the theory).

I have a drying rack but Im not sure when I want to go from hang to rack.. any suggestions? I figure once I put them in the trim pro ( which is dictated by the dryness, too dry and the leaves wont get cut ) I will have to put them in the rack.

I was then thinking to get a big glass jar for curing that I would have an air pump on a timer to automate the curing so I don't have to be constantly opening and closing jars. That will be a huge time saver and should allow an awesome cure. I wonder if there are any automated curing solutions like this that read the humidity to control the air pump?

Kyron
09-02-2012, 03:59 PM
I ran the final flush on the Canna last night. Shame the plant got over fed so bad, not going to have much harvest on this one. The next one will be in bubbles so I wont have to fight this damn Ocean Forest.