Thread: How to Make a Small Batch of Rick Simpson Oil

Thanks
    Thanked 1,200 Times in 228 Posts

Leaf How to Make a Small Batch of Rick Simpson Oil

hello all! following the instructions in this video, yesterday i made a small batch of rick simpson's oil (rso) using a quart of everclear and an ounce of bud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sGWxz0DMSI

had i read this site first, i would've done the water soak first, and i would've ground the bud instead of just breaking it up with my fingers. it took literally all day to cook all the everclear out of the oil, and i think it was because the bud wasn't ground and really good and dry. next time, it'll be faster.

following the instructions in this video for making a small batch, and making sure the bud is good and dry, it should only take an hour or two to make a batch with an ounce of bud. (back in the '60's, an ounce of weed was called a "lid" and it cost $10.)

one of the things i liked about this method is that the mixture is cooked over hot water, so there is no flame and no chance of fire - that was a big deal for me.

anyway, last night, before going to bed, i ate some of the oil that i had scraped out of the skillet onto a piece of bread crust. last night, i slept harder and deeper than i have in a long long time. it was truly marvelous, but it was kind of an overdose so after my husband went to work, i went back to bed and slept another couple hours (thank goodness my mom slept, too). tonight, i'll try a smaller dose!

and i will add that cannabis rub will heal a cut really well and very fast. i cut my finger, it was deep and jagged and during the healing process i put a bit of canna-rub on the cut that i had bought from a dispensary and it healed right up from that moment forward. i could literally feel the difference...it stopped hurting and kind of calmed down and was better after that.

now i'm really looking forward to making the next batch of oil. using the small batch recipe, i got four 1.0 ml syringes full of oil...that oil is the BOMB!~

i'm going to try making something out of the oil in the pan that was too hard to suck into the syringes...i'm thinking of mixing it with a little vodka and see if it makes a tincture or maybe some coconut oil in the pan would make a nice canna rub.
    Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you. Carl Sandburg

Peace, Love, Soul. Bruce Springsteen

How cannabis cures cancer.
    Antiproliferative - prevents cancer cells from reproducing
    Antiangiogenic - prevents formation of new blood vessels needed by tumor to grow
    Antimetastatic - prevents cancer from spreading to other organs
    Apoptotic - induces cell to seek its own death

Need Little - Want Less - Love More

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to the navigator For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    today, i was able to retrieve nearly all the rso left in the skillet after making the oil. it's so sticky, more like tar than oil, that it's impossible to get all the oil out of the pan and into a syringe.

however, this morning i heated the skillet over a pan of hot water until the left-over oil was warm. then i dissolved a bit of coconut oil in the pan and swished it around until it had melted and melded with the rso. using a rubber spatula, i swept all the coconut oil and rso into one corner of the pan and then poured it into a little glass dish. then, i took a piece of bread and wiped out the inside of the pan. when i was finished, the pan was nearly clean. i'll probably eat the bread friday night just before going to bed. experience has taught me to respect this oil and i have no idea of the dose on the bread, but it should be interesting!
    Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you. Carl Sandburg

Antiangiogenic - prevents formation of new blood vessels needed by tumor to grow

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to the navigator For This Useful Post:

Hydronaut Ganjaneer

Awards Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 13,820 Times in 2,500 Posts
    Please still have your exhaust fan ON as a simple spark COULD ignite the alcohol vapor as it is reduced. I have used everclear, but being a drinkable alcohol... I didnt evaporate it.... 40g's of Decarb'd Dry Ice Hash in a 5th of EverClear! 1 Oz. Shot was AWESOME... 2 was Spiritual!

I have done the crock pot way, just like RS video's with Naptha from Lowe's, which mostly went to lining my rolling papers. Was my 1st time, and realized my tolerance was VERY HIGH, and it would of only been several doses vs. MANY DOOBIES, which worked GREAT!

I recently went to town an a PILE of Roaches... cutting off the ash... unrolling the Highly Tar'ed Roaches to remove the paper... ended up with 72.5 grams of Sticky Roach Weed (+ some Gumby/Bubble Hash from a Friend) which went into a Mason Jar and covered with 91% ISO. Been a few days soaking, till I get the chance to Strain and Evaporate. If it Tastes crappy, I will use on my Doobies and with CocoButter for an External Rub or just fill some Capsules.

I have not made any Canna/ISO rub in a while since I still have a quart or so left, but you use your Stems cut into small peices and packed into a Glass Jar, fill the rest with ISO, and let soak for 4 to 6 weeks. Works WAY BETTER than BenGay + the Healing Benefits of Cannabis. This is a BONUS since we usually throw away the Stems after Harvest, but there is MUCHO GOODNESS from them!

I have NOT found a use for roots yet, but that is the only part of the plant I dont utilyze!

Good Luck and ENJOY cause EveryDay is Cannabis Consumption Day!

Peace and LOVE
    1st Place - PlantZilla Grow-Off - Completed!

MedScientist's McFreakingAwesome LED Adventure! - In Progress NOW!

MedScientist's Lab .... Take a Peak?

TRUTH - Pain is a LIE!

Eliminate your Pain.. (how-to)

Contests/Awards -
    SpoLight on 6/14/2011 - July/2011 Member of the Month - Runner-up Area51 LED GiveAway - PlantZilla Grow-Off Win

What you Believe about Believing, limits or Grows your Belief, and learning to Believe FULLY, will transform YOUR life into Potential. Believing in YOUR Potential and acting on it produces Better/Best Results.

I no longer Worry, I no longer Stress, I LOVE ALL THAT I AM , for this is Best!

Peace and LOVE to ALL! (past-present-future) <<<<< Learn IT, Live IT, LOVE IT!

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MedScientist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MedScientist View Post
    Please still have your exhaust fan ON as a simple spark COULD ignite the alcohol vapor as it is reduced. I have used everclear, but being a drinkable alcohol... I didnt evaporate it.... 40g's of Decarb'd Dry Ice Hash in a 5th of EverClear! 1 Oz. Shot was AWESOME... 2 was Spiritual!

I have done the crock pot way, just like RS video's with Naptha from Lowe's, which mostly went to lining my rolling papers. Was my 1st time, and realized my tolerance was VERY HIGH, and it would of only been several doses vs. MANY DOOBIES, which worked GREAT!

I recently went to town an a PILE of Roaches... cutting off the ash... unrolling the Highly Tar'ed Roaches to remove the paper... ended up with 72.5 grams of Sticky Roach Weed (+ some Gumby/Bubble Hash from a Friend) which went into a Mason Jar and covered with 91% ISO. Been a few days soaking, till I get the chance to Strain and Evaporate. If it Tastes crappy, I will use on my Doobies and with CocoButter for an External Rub or just fill some Capsules.

I have not made any Canna/ISO rub in a while since I still have a quart or so left, but you use your Stems cut into small peices and packed into a Glass Jar, fill the rest with ISO, and let soak for 4 to 6 weeks. Works WAY BETTER than BenGay + the Healing Benefits of Cannabis. This is a BONUS since we usually throw away the Stems after Harvest, but there is MUCHO GOODNESS from them!

I have NOT found a use for roots yet, but that is the only part of the plant I dont utilyze!

Good Luck and ENJOY cause EveryDay is Cannabis Consumption Day!

Peace and LOVE
    hi medsci and thanks for some really great ideas! i love the way this community makes the most of what we have - i'm all about no waste (raised by depression-era mom)!

i used the ever clear because i wanted to be sure that whatever i had when it was all over was drinkable...wasn't too sure about the iso. next time i make the oil, i'm going to use ever clear again, but maybe not worry so much about total evaporation...as you point out, it's good stuff, too!

and keeping a fan on while working with flammables is always the smart way to go, but i do really like making small batches over hot water. it's just less stressful than working over a flame (i have a gas stove) with all those fumes wafting about.

the rso is tremendous, the most powerful medicine i've had and it lasts a very very long time. i've only taken it at night before bed, except yesterday afternoon when i ate the bread with the rso mixed with coconut oil. rather than feeling "stoned" or "wasted," i was able to function but felt rather light and with a general feeling of well-being. i kinda like that!

this is a marvelous plant...how absurd that it's illegal. what that does is detract from the validity of all laws...

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to the navigator For This Useful Post: