Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tomatos-Jalapeno Peppers the Bubbleponics way (Grow Journal)

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Tomatos-Jalapeno Peppers the Bubbleponics way (Grow Journal)

Ok this is my first attempt at a grow journal and also with growing with the bubbleponics system. I do plan on growing medicine with the system but figured first before I ruin some good seeds I would go ahead and try tomatos and peppers. Another reason is I had to slowly break my wife into the fact I am going to grow my own smoke and partake when I retire.

Well I started three weeks ago pretty much following Rosemans tutorial. No need to bore you with the basic details. This is what the plants looked like after 2 weeks. The roots are just starting to hit the water.
    100_0810.jpg100_0806.jpg100_0814.jpg
    I did have some issues with heat in the res and have purchased Hydrozone, just in case. I was placing frozen bottles of water in the res but was noting that some of the roots where I put the bottles in were not doing as well as the others. I went ahead and purchased a larger airpump 600g and have 2 discs in there now for added oxygen.

Yesterday was week 3 and I changed the res again. The roots are looking real good and everything smells good. I pulled the pump figuring the roots are good to go. The plants drooped a bit yesterday but have picked up today. The pepper leaves are still drooping, not sure if thats how they look or not. I have a little nute burn on the littlest pepper plant, but I think it will be fine. That is the one that got stunted from the frozen water bottles.
    100_0829.jpg100_0831.jpg
    The CaveBear

Soon to be semi-retired and free to partake once again.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    A closeup of tomato plant week 3
    The CaveBear

Awards Showcase

Thanks
    I'm in. Thanks for starting this grow journal. I've been wondering how tomatoes would do in the SH system. We had a decent season here in CA but the picking season didn't really kick in until Sept. Oct. In fact, we were still picking tomatoes into early November. There's nothing like fresh, home-grown tomatoes. What is your strategy to maximize harvest? I know it has a lot to do with producing enough heat (ambient temperature) to bring them to ripen.

I'm also interested in the peppers. Two great crops I'd like to grow and harvest indoors all year around.

The Old Man

Awards Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 9,727 Times in 3,406 Posts
    Looks good to me.

I grew some Romaine Lettuce within 3 weeks. Sure grew fast too!
    How Do I Join the BubbleHeads?

Roseman's Bubbleponics - DWC Tutorial.

New to the forum? If so please do an Introduce Yourself Thread Here!

Stealth Hydroponics, Get 10% off for all members when you use the coupon code "bubbleheads"

If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.

PLEASE VISIT THE CONTEST THREADS SOON!
    Roseman, the BubbleHead and The Old Man at bubbleponics.com/forum

I'll be away more often, but I am not GONE. Save my seat!

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Day 28
    Plants seem to be doing well. I think they got a little cooked and I have raised the lights a bit. I did add some more in the back tonight tho for the peppers. They are getting overpowered by the tomatos.. I am starting to see the begining of flowers on the tomatos, dont imagine it will be too long and I am going to have to start polinating. . I was using the stealth nutes and the ppm shot through the roof. I removed a gallon of water and added a gal of distilled. They are drinking about 1/2 gallon a day and as I added the ppm has dropped. The PH has been slowly rising, but well within limits. I tell ya, I couldn't keep the PH stable at all with the shit city water we have here. Distilled seems to be working real well for me. I am hoping Santa brings me a RO setup.

Here is a picture of one of my poor stunted pepper plants. Just being out competed by the maters.
    The CaveBear

Midnight Toker - El Jefe Verde
    1 Toke Over The Line, at bubbleponics.com

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,876 Times in 5,758 Posts
    Cool!

How do you pollinate the maters?
    Join the FUN! - Participate in the Contests here at bubbleponics.com

Are you new to bubbleponics.com? Why not introduce yourself HERE

What are the RULES at bubbleponics.com ???

ADVICE Disclaimer

Roseman's Bubbleponics - DWC Tutorial

"Grow in peace, pay it forward, have fun" - MostlyCrazy

Interstellar User

Awards Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 2,344 Times in 980 Posts
    Looking good my friend! I want to do a vegetable grow someday, so I'll be following along. You might have to transfer those peppers to a 5 gallon bucket or something for optimum growth.

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Green007 View Post
    Cool!

How do you pollinate the maters?
    Am just going to try an electronic toothbrush to give them a little vibrations. I also have an ocillating fan on them, not sure if that will help or not.
    The CaveBear

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Theanswerto1984is1776 View Post
    Looking good my friend! I want to do a vegetable grow someday, so I'll be following along. You might have to transfer those peppers to a 5 gallon bucket or something for optimum growth.
    Here is what I was thinking of doing today as my project. Kind of along what you were thinking Theanswer, but with a twist. I am going to set up the biggest pepper plant into a hempy bucket setup with hydroton. This I think will be an interesting learning experence to see how things go. Wish me luck :)
    The CaveBear

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Growing this kind of plant, not sure what it is, but it looks and smells good for my next bubbleponics grow.
    The CaveBear

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast