Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you handle and smoke BHO properly?

Grasshopper

Awards Showcase

Thanks

How do you handle and smoke BHO properly?

Alrighty, this isn't necessarily a "newb" project but I still have some "newbish" questions regarding Butane Honey Oil...... as you can see i made some last night.....

Being that not a lot of folks get over to the "Hash, Kief and Concentrate" forum I wanted to ask here...

For starters this goo gets all over.....when mixing it, transferring it from one dish to another, etc...etc...

*How do you clean this stuff off your skin?
    Use rubbing alchohol? Warm or hot water sure as hell isn't good, colder seems better.
    *How do you get it off the baking dish your wife WAS GOING to use that night for making dinner...oh, and her utinsels too?

Hey Skins, how the heck did you get you oil in that jar all nice and neatly, the one in your avatar?

As for smoking it....

*Best way to smoke it?
    And I just wasting it by lining a blunt with it?

*By itself on a bare screen?
    I have been taking a small ball of it and rolling it into a string as long as my blunt, I then put my weed in and then lay the BHO string inside the blunt and roll it.

I did see a few ways online and it looked like they had a special device/bong to smoke with and light it?

Alrighty, any advice or tips would be appreciated. Thanks fam.

Zen Gardener in Training

Awards Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 11,769 Times in 1,870 Posts
    Hey there Han...hash oil is great and messy sure enough. As far as taking it off utensil's...alcohol used generously with generous use of paper towel's was only way I found to clear it off...then into the dishwasher, the glassware came out just fine...you could also use some butter and get it hot and recover the hard to clean stuff into the hot butter then cook with it. Find using the sugar from the recipe to be a good way to gather the butter too.

Highly recommend razor blades to play with it...I emptied a many year old Blistex container to put mine in. Seals nicely.

As far as smoking it, many ways...I put a tiny worm of it (cooler temps and it gets more solid) the beginning of a joint and it will migrate all the way through by the time you are done (and you will be done...) or I break that tiny worm into tiny balls and place them all over the top of a bowl, I also light my bowls from one side and smoke it from one side to the other, not roast the whole thing at once...this hash oil would just pour through the weed and the screen and clog your pipe if you roast more than will saturate the surround area.

I am gonna try something later, am gonna heat a pin and dip it in the hash oil, should coat it well...then put it in something to hold it and light it and cover it with a glass...hash under glass, use to work well...am sure you have found the oil will just flow down a pipe if you try smoking it that way.

That looks like some high grade oil brother, congrats on the harvest and your BHO!!!
    Last edited by MountainHigh; 03-02-2011 at 02:54 PM.

"The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for."
    - Bob Marley

Click me for current journal.

January 2011 Bud of the Month Winner...April 2011 Plant of the Month Co-Winner....2011 Best Non-Hydro Grow Contest Winner...May 2012 Member of the Month
    May 2013 Grower of the Month

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Sticky Hands

Quote Originally Posted by hanshisan View Post
    Alrighty, this isn't necessarily a "newb" project but I still have some "newbish" questions regarding Butane Honey Oil...... as you can see i made some last night.....

Being that not a lot of folks get over to the "Hash, Kief and Concentrate" forum I wanted to ask here...

For starters this goo gets all over.....when mixing it, transferring it from one dish to another, etc...etc...

*How do you clean this stuff off your skin?
    Use rubbing alchohol? Warm or hot water sure as hell isn't good, colder seems better.
    *How do you get it off the baking dish your wife WAS GOING to use that night for making dinner...oh, and her utinsels too?
    Alrighty, any advice or tips would be appreciated. Thanks fam.
    Hanshisan,
    I am not sure if this will work or not. But have you tried "Automotive Brake Cleaner". Being a mechanic, you need something caustic to break the bond. It will disolve anything! I would spray it into a paper towel and rub off of hands, utensiles etc. Then rinse with hot water and throw in the dishwasher to completely clean surface. As for your hands. I use brake cleaner first and then use "Automotive GOJO hand cleaner". I hope this helps!. Cheers! Let us know if it works.
    There must be a reason all organic material on this Earth performs some kind of sexual reproduction to insure they survive as a species. So why is it that we as human organisms have decided on our own, that the Cannabis species is not worth Gods infinite wisdom to survive as a species. I don't see any other Organism species opposed to cannabis growing their life cycle. It just makes sense to investigate why,what, where, when and how.

Yeah Baby!

SoCal BubbleHead

Awards Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,269 Times in 1,208 Posts
    i went to thrift store and dollar store and got utensils there just for it. to get it in a bottle i put it in a small ss cup i had and heated it on a cup warmer to thin it then just poured it. i always think this is a good step on any oil to bubble out anything extra left behind
    My Grow Journal V3(Indoor)------> SkinWin's Pink Playhouse 4 GLH Spectra 290 V3's

My Grow Journal (Indoor,Complete)------> SkinWin's Playhouse

My Pretty Flowers ------> Amazing Flowers from my garden

SoCal BubbleHead

Awards Showcase

Thanks
    lol i still have 90% of that oil left, everybody who has tried it says it's way to strong and after 6 to 8 hours there still not coming down from the strongest buzz they have ever had, they start to freak out a little lol
    My Grow Journal V3(Indoor)------> SkinWin's Pink Playhouse 4 GLH Spectra 290 V3's

Moderator and BH Chief

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,145 Times in 6,274 Posts
    I use Iso for clean-up. Might take a couple of tries but it does work.

I've also tried the hash under glass. It works too but is a little cumbersome the way I did it. Hash ball on the end of a bent up paperclip. Start it burning just a little and the smoke will soon fill the glass. Slide glass just a bit over the edge of the table, insert bendy stray and inhale the goodness. Defiantely low tech.
    Welcome to the Bubblehead's Home!

Peace to all who visit!

How Do I Join the BubbleHeads?

Roseman's Bubbleponics - DWC Tutorial.

Use Offer Code - bubbleheads for a 10% discount at Stealth Hydro!

Bubbleheads united to help all growers

SoCal BubbleHead

Awards Showcase

Thanks
    lol i heated some up to thin it than rolled a few buds in it, the few i gave those buds too tell me they still have 3/4 of it left, way over the top strong, i think im going to thin some and roll hazelnuts in it and then make dark chocolate truffles with them.

The BEST and ONLY way to smoke BHO is through this vapor globe from Aqua Lab Tech.

Banned

Awards Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 5,871 Times in 1,674 Posts
    around here the head shops sell little glass ice pipes and they call them incense oil burners rofl. You can buy an incense oil burned for $2-$5 or make your own from an incandescent light bulb, screw off 2 liter bottle cap, and a straw.

another way to smoke it would be to take knife hits. warm up two butter knives on the stove and cute a milk jug in half putting the open end in your mouth. use the hot knives to warm a tiny amount of BHO and the jug to funnel it into your mouth.

And I use a bobby pin straightened out and just get the bobby pin tip loaded and heat up the middle not to burn your hash and let it drip into a fresh bowl;)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast