Thread: An Idiot's Guide to Hempy

The Old Man

Awards Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 9,730 Times in 3,406 Posts
    Where is OBX?
    How Do I Join the BubbleHeads?

Roseman's Bubbleponics - DWC Tutorial.

New to the forum? If so please do an Introduce Yourself Thread Here!

Stealth Hydroponics, Get 10% off for all members when you use the coupon code "bubbleheads"

If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.

PLEASE VISIT THE CONTEST THREADS SOON!
    Roseman, the BubbleHead and The Old Man at bubbleponics.com/forum

I'll be away more often, but I am not GONE. Save my seat!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Roseman For This Useful Post:

Medical Cannabis Gardener

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,846 Times in 1,828 Posts
    last time I checked, he was busy with life, but I'm missing him.
    Got Questions?

here's a good place to find answers:

www.gotquestions.org

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Setting Sun For This Useful Post:

Dances with Druids

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,712 Times in 4,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Setting Sun View Post
    Me too! I especially wanted to see how the hybrid hempy worked out?

Horse's Crazy Crawl Space Adventures

Horse's Greener Pastures

Om Shiva Shankara Hari Hari Ganga

Currently Appearing in the Crawl:
    Jack Herer, Double Kush, Wonder Woman, Pineapple Express, LA Confidential, Urkel, AK48, Emerald Jack, Lemon Diesel, Burma Diesel, Jackpot Royale, Blue Dream, Double DragonxWiFi Alien, Critical+, Bubba 76, and Appalachian Thunderfuck.

"Marijuana, when mixed with hay, causes death to the horses that eat it."
    - New York Times, 1934
    neighhhhhhhhhhhhh!

XperiMental Gardener

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseman View Post
    Where is OBX?
    Right here! Still checking in occasionally, but had some bad stuff happen. Hurricane, lost bank account, two year old broke his foot... you know, life stuff.

XperiMental Gardener

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Setting Sun View Post
    Ditto! Been missing you all.

XperiMental Gardener

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HorseBadortiz View Post
    Me too! I especially wanted to see how the hybrid hempy worked out?
    Worked out great. 16oz from 8 5 gallon pots in a 3x4 foot space.

With this summer's outdoor tomato crop, I used just earthworm compost, perlite, vermiculite, and peat at first, which made for some exceptionally thick and healthy plants, but they started showing deficiencies when it was flower time, so I supplemented with organic tomato food. Still going strong - only part of my garden to survive the hurricane since I was able to move them to higher ground.

Anyway... they did really well outside in crazy heat all summer with a variety of plants, so I'm thinking the design is pretty good for most conditions.

I just found something new though... turkey litter. A guy I know has a turkey farm, and has given me permission to take as much as I want out of his 280 ton pile of poop, urine, and bedding. Along with the occasional carcass. Yuck.

I looked up the NPK, and looks like it's practically made for cannabis, especially blooming. Will be testing on tomatoes in the hippy pots soon.

Clone Killer

Awards Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 8,032 Times in 1,984 Posts
    Sorry to hear about your troubles OBX! Especially the poor little one. Saw a guy wearing an OBX shirt over the weekend... I said 'so that's what it stands for'. He looked at me like I was a little off lol.

Clone Killer

Awards Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 8,032 Times in 1,984 Posts
    Hey great smoke man but I dunno... it kinda tastes like chicken or something

Dances with Druids

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,712 Times in 4,411 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OBX View Post
    Worked out great. 16oz from 8 5 gallon pots in a 3x4 foot space.

With this summer's outdoor tomato crop, I used just earthworm compost, perlite, vermiculite, and peat at first, which made for some exceptionally thick and healthy plants, but they started showing deficiencies when it was flower time, so I supplemented with organic tomato food. Still going strong - only part of my garden to survive the hurricane since I was able to move them to higher ground.

Anyway... they did really well outside in crazy heat all summer with a variety of plants, so I'm thinking the design is pretty good for most conditions.

I just found something new though... turkey litter. A guy I know has a turkey farm, and has given me permission to take as much as I want out of his 280 ton pile of poop, urine, and bedding. Along with the occasional carcass. Yuck.

I looked up the NPK, and looks like it's practically made for cannabis, especially blooming. Will be testing on tomatoes in the hippy pots soon.
    Wow, that must have one packed closet... doesn't sound like you could have worked in a vertical yo=yo though

Glad to hear you weathered the hurricane... we had coastal company for a couple of days!

Great score on the turkey poop, does it have to age like chicken shit? I hope that domestic turkey superior intelligence isn't passed on thru the tomatoes

Horse's Crazy Crawl Space Adventures

Horse's Greener Pastures

Om Shiva Shankara Hari Hari Ganga

Currently Appearing in the Crawl:
    Jack Herer, Double Kush, Wonder Woman, Pineapple Express, LA Confidential, Urkel, AK48, Emerald Jack, Lemon Diesel, Burma Diesel, Jackpot Royale, Blue Dream, Double DragonxWiFi Alien, Critical+, Bubba 76, and Appalachian Thunderfuck.

"Marijuana, when mixed with hay, causes death to the horses that eat it."
    - New York Times, 1934
    neighhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Anyone using 100% coco hempys? Is it possible to run fine coco with chunk coco in the reservoir? I know the norm is to mix in perlite, but I would like to get away from it. I've used 100% perlite with good results, but it always seems to make a mess in my experience. Coco seems much tidier.

I was also wondering if anyone was running only organic nutrients (except perhaps synthetic cal/mag) in a hempy bucket.

My third and final question is about flushing. I know the OC+ guys don't do it, but I wonder how some of the other hempy vets approach it. After flushing 2 weeks I had premature yellow/necrosis and still felt like it could have been flushed better (hence my interest in organics). I used 2 part synthetic triflex grow and pbp bloom (which is supposed to be at least partially organic).

Thanks for reading! I hold bluedawg, ss, obx, and docbud (among others) in the highest regard! I followed your respective threads on another forum, and I can't thank you all enough for sharing your knowledge. I would still probably be a failed soil guy without your patient and informative posts.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast