Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CannaButter Recipe for Crock Pot

Awards Showcase

Thanks

CannaButter Recipe for Crock Pot

Easy, Tasty Marijuana Canna butter

You will need:

1 pound butter ( salted or unsalted )
    1 to 2 ounces of shake ( leaves & trimmings )
    1 fine strainer ( or piece of screen, pantyhose, etc. )
    1 large kettle (electric skillet or crockpot can also be used)
    1 gallon of water

Put the water into the cooking appliance and add the shake. Cook until simmering, then add the butter ( cut into quarters ).

Simmer for 2 - 3 hours, until almost all of the water evaporates, gently stirring occasionally.
    ( This will really stink the place up - take the necessary precautions by doing it when unexpected company is not likely to show up )

Let cool for 30 minutes or so, then strain liquid into bowl and place in refridgerator. ( Some people will strain this several times, as each additional straining produces a finer quality of butter )

When mixture is cold and mostly solid ( 30 - 60 minutes ), remove from the fridge and pour the remaining water off, leaving the butter intact. Put in microwave appx. 30 - 60 seconds, until just soft enough to scrape into a storage container. ( If a microwave is unavailable, scrape butter into a small saucepan and heat over low heat until it is just soft enough to scrape into a storage container )

Keep the cannabutter stored in the fridge - may be kept stored for several weeks.

* This recipe makes 1 to 1 & 1/2 cups of smooth cannabutter.

** Cannabutter may be used as the substitute for cooking oil in many recipes.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Montana420 For This Useful Post:

Interstellar User

Awards Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 2,316 Times in 970 Posts
    Excellent addition here Montana420! I love me some cannabutter and I'm overdue to do some baking.

SoCal BubbleHead

Awards Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 3,270 Times in 1,208 Posts
    ok i'm making this now. 4 cups water, 1 pound butter, 35.4 grams of grand daddy purple buds ground up, going to cook it for 2 hours in the crock pot, i decarbonized the ground up bud 1st at 170 degs for 10 minutes( I all ways do this before i make anything) i also added a tbs of 151 to help the extracting of thc.

Moderator and BH Chief

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,145 Times in 6,274 Posts
    When I do this as it cools the remaining vegatative material from the filtering process accumulates at the bottom of my butter puck. I scrape it off as best I can to improve the taste. Whatever puck I end up with is then cut into quarters and I use it as the equivilent of a stick of butter for reciepies.
    Welcome to the Bubblehead's Home!

Peace to all who visit!

How Do I Join the BubbleHeads?

Roseman's Bubbleponics - DWC Tutorial.

Use Offer Code - bubbleheads for a 10% discount at Stealth Hydro!

Bubbleheads united to help all growers

SoCal BubbleHead

Awards Showcase

Thanks
    very cool, i'm close to cooling it

URS0020
    Ok I'm making this now with 2 ozs. Of small bud and trim blended very fine in a gllon of water in the crockpot now. Should it be set to High or low? I've had it on low for over an hour and its not simmering yet. But Iknow that ThC burns off at anything over 170F. Correct me if I'm wrong but you know what I mean. I've got my butter manned and ready to. This is fun! Lol

SoCal BubbleHead

Awards Showcase

Thanks
    u need a thermometer in there and see what temps you are getting. i ran a test on my crock pot, low with lid off, low with lid on, high with lid off, high with lid on. and wrote the temps right on the side of my crock with a sharpie. i found on mine, that low with lid 3/4 of way on is right at 170. it should never be simmering, to simmer your are needing to be pushing 212. to high for what u are doing. u need a thermometer in there at all times, sticking out
    My Grow Journal V3(Indoor)------> SkinWin's Pink Playhouse 4 GLH Spectra 290 V3's

My Grow Journal (Indoor,Complete)------> SkinWin's Playhouse

My Pretty Flowers ------> Amazing Flowers from my garden

URS0020
    alright I put one in there and it's reading right at 140F on low with the lid all the way on. should I leave it there or raise it higher? thanks for this skin! lol

SoCal BubbleHead

Awards Showcase

Thanks
    i run mine as close to 170 as possible. maybe there is a better temp, i would like to know. but i run my butter, my massage oil and my tinctures at 170 and try to never get over 180
    My Grow Journal V3(Indoor)------> SkinWin's Pink Playhouse 4 GLH Spectra 290 V3's

My Grow Journal (Indoor,Complete)------> SkinWin's Playhouse

My Pretty Flowers ------> Amazing Flowers from my garden

URS0020
    it's hard keeping it under 180 now!! almost done though. its been 2 hours. it's right at 180. I hope I'm doing this right!! lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast