Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stealth Hydro Nutrients

Gimme that funky Skunk!

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,070 Times in 1,140 Posts

Stealth Hydro Nutrients

Hey Everyone. I recently put this support ticket in with SH about their nutrient quantities so if anyone else has been having the same question, hopefully I get an answer. If anyone HAS an answer, please speak up. Thanks!

MD
    ------------------------
    I recently purchased the Bubbleponics starter kit and then with order ###### I purchased more nutrients. I was curious about the quantity I received.
    In the starter kit, I received 12 micro packets, 6 grow, and 6 bloom. From what I'm seeing of the feeding schedule, this would be less than 6 weeks of grow nutes, less than 6 weeks of bloom nutes, and 12 weeks of micro nutes.

In order number ###### I received 7 micro packets, 6 grow packets, and 6 bloom packets. I believe this to be again less than 6 weeks of nutrients for each type.

On the same nutrient product that I purchased, there is an option for a 6 month supply of either Micro and Bloom or Micro and Grow for the same price as my less than 6 week supply of micro, grow, and bloom purchase.

Am I correct in understanding that one packet of nutes is about a week supply, and that if I had purchased the 6 month supply I would have received about 26 packets of Grow+Micro or Bloom+Micro totaling 52 packets?

My questions arise because I'm not sure of feeding schedules if I'm receiving such small amounts of nutes, but your paperwork says to use one packet a week and replenish with about 1/6th of a packet daily which means I'm using more than 2 packets a week.

Please help to clarify feeding schedules and the amounts of nutrient packets in the 6 month supply please.

Thank you and best regards.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mountain Dro For This Useful Post:

Banned

Awards Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,094 Times in 1,707 Posts
    Remember that when they are babies they only need 1/4 strength and again when you switch to bloom they need to be diluted. :) I started out with the same 6 grow 6 bloom and 12 micro and got a great harvest. I have since switched to liquid nutes, but the Sh nutes worked well enough.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Brujah For This Useful Post:

Gimme that funky Skunk!

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Yeah I remember that and I remember to try a little mix of both early in bloom, but 6 packets of each means I need to only put one packet in every 10 days and never add more when I top the tank off every day. Seems like they give you the bare minimum on nutes. Also, if I buy the 6 month, I'm curious how many packets I'd get. They replied to me once but didn't answer all of my questions. I'll post the string when it's complete.

Thanks Brujah!

MD

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mountain Dro For This Useful Post:

Gimme that funky Skunk!

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    They did reply days later after forgetting my ticket. Their answer was 12 micro and 6 bloom would be in the 6 month micro+bloom option for $30. I don't believe it, or this is awful.

MD

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mountain Dro For This Useful Post:

with those same packets do you mix a little when you top off the water or just put water in there until the flush?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to warywalk210 For This Useful Post:

Banned

Awards Showcase

Thanks
    Thanked 6,094 Times in 1,707 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by warywalk210 View Post
    with those same packets do you mix a little when you top off the water or just put water in there until the flush?

the water you top off with should be the same thing that's in the res except when flushing

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Brujah For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Brujah View Post
    the water you top off with should be the same thing that's in the res except when flushing

with the SH 6 month nutes i cant find any thing with measurements of how much nutes to add back in. it only talks about adding the nutes after flushing and doesnt say how much to add in when ya top the water off.

ya know where i could find my anwser?

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to warywalk210 For This Useful Post:

Moderator and BH Chief

Awards Showcase

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,753 Times in 6,390 Posts
    It might be best to always use the same amounts for both starting and adding. You'll never know what a PPM contains in the remainder and you don't add a whole lot in between changes anyway. That way you'll know the plant is getting something that it likes to eat.
    Welcome to the Bubblehead's Home!

Peace to all who visit!

How Do I Join the BubbleHeads?

Roseman's Bubbleponics - DWC Tutorial.

Use Offer Code - bubbleheads for a 10% discount at Stealth Hydro!

Bubbleheads united to help all growers

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MostlyCrazy For This Useful Post:

Awards Showcase

Thanks
    I have used the SH nutes before and recently. Roseman uses them as well in his dwc tutorial he breaks down the N-P-K. It usually is one micro and a veg or bloom per week. But depends on the number of plants/consumption. You do have to top it off so yeah your right I think. Roseman explains the feeding as well so check it out. Hope this helps!

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to difarmer For This Useful Post:

Awards Showcase

Thanks
    On my last grow I used one pack of micro and one of the veg or grow. Once a week and did not add any on top offs. Now I wish I had used a little less than a pack and used it on top off. That is after they are big enough to use full dose. Even Roseman says keep them a little hungry. By my not doing that, the ripening during bloom was way to slow and I got way to much foxtailing. This was with two plants.

Now SH told me on the phone that they use special needs people to fill the packs because MY inquiry was regarding inconsistent amounts in the packs. All of them! So watch that! You have to go by only smell IMO when checking for problems with the roots because SH nutes stain the roots and do not be concerned as long as they smell like lettuce or alfalfa sprouts. Because of all of this, I am switching to Veg+Bloom that 619ster told me about. Hope this will help you because most of my problems came from trying to figure out SH nutes!

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bubblerzr For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast